[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

I think the best thing the devs did, was to release the TribesEd to the goons out there.

I'd still like to see some changes in the game, or maybe one more beta patch, but I know that alot of that wont happen. None-the-less, I'm looking forward to this game

Don't bother. I only suspected that it might be T1 (I thought it might also be a nice job of using T1 textures in T:V). So I changed my post on the fly *just in case* :)

I would like seeing quite a few of the old T2 maps, mino, damnation, reversion, dessicator. most of all Firestorm.

i was happy to see the T1 maps in T2... but im feeling they should die about now.

Nah, T1 maps should never die. However, they SHOULD evolve.

As for the T2 maps, it'll be interesting to see which ones will be considered "worthy" to actually go on in life. Personally, I'd like to see Mino in T:V.

The point of recreating old maps is for nostalgia. What better way to see them than to recreate them exactly in a new game. I don't want them altered for that sake.

On the other hand, I'm not advocating the addition of direct copies into server map rotation. As far as that is concerened, invent away - alter as necessary to make them fit T:V and be more 'interesting'. But please don't deny us our nostalgia.

Zustiur.

MikSchultzy said:
Nah, T1 maps should never die. However, they SHOULD evolve.

As for the T2 maps, it'll be interesting to see which ones will be considered "worthy" to actually go on in life. Personally, I'd like to see Mino in T:V.
A clanmate of mine has mapped out Slapdash and Minotaur for Unreal. I linked him to this thread. Hopefully he'll post some SS.

Bump.
Wondered what everyone's progress has been. This thread was really interesting...

bartkusa said:
Did anyone else like Magmatic?
I loved the flags/gameplay. I think it would be AWESOME in T:V if it was the same sort of base/terrain, but maybe lush with water instead of lava (lava sux)

The bases were really turtle friendly too :eek:

COuld you imagime Recalescense in T:V??!?! :jawdrop:

Gonna download the ed and see if I can't rebuild one of the more common maps in T2 - Damnation

Do any of the T1 maps even remotely fit in with the story?? Like I can't see the architectual importance of a effing humongous Stonehenge in the middle of huge foothills and valleys.

Santa said:
base.jpg

Just experimenting now.
Can you add one of those spinning disco balls to this?

:bigthumb:

very early draft of two of the trees im making for my first map.

im going all out with this map :)

yea, the textures look like crap cuz i spent all of 2 minutes on it.

wip_tree_composite.jpg

Back