[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

nice work gang. i'm gonna wait a while before i post WIP renders ehehehehe

as for terrains from max ---> ued, you MIGHT be able to using something like Dreamscape or the various plugins for battlefield.

you need a simple heightfield texture, ideally about 512x512.

otherwise, if you know max... you can basically crank out just about anything in a breeze for TV. you need actorx plugin from EpicGames and/or simple .ase exporter.

getting static mesh (or even animated mesh) into ued is simple. only trick is getting multiple material IDs setup right.

i've switched to maya recently, myself :)

Does anyone know if we can use lightwave to create models for TV? Worst case Senario is the model would be exported and brought into MAX for whatever purposes needed.

If anyone needs someone to build models for them, I can help as long as I can use Lightwave.

lush06.jpg
lush01.jpg

Unless they removed LWO support, Unreal supports it natively

Zio said:
Does anyone know if we can use lightwave to create models for TV? Worst case Senario is the model would be exported and brought into MAX for whatever purposes needed.

If anyone needs someone to build models for them, I can help as long as I can use Lightwave.

Can you follow an Unreal mapping tutorial and realistically expect to be able to create a T:V map. Or, would this be pretty much impossible for someone who hasn't mapped before or doesn't know the UED.

And, Thrax said the new maps can't be played, but could you play it hosting your own server?

[hAuS] C R A B said:
Can you follow an Unreal mapping tutorial and realistically expect to be able to create a T:V map. Or, would this be pretty much impossible for someone who hasn't mapped before or doesn't know the UED.

Its pretty much the same thing. That's what I've been doing...looking at tutorials for UnrealEd.

Back