Tuning changes for 05, open beta

Flag discing was never taken out, it was just never added in.

As I've played T:V not once have I thought, "This game could really be improved if you could disc the flag like in tribes2."

To be fair, it's obvious others have had that thought, but I think they're way to late in development to be adding in something so critical. That's not a minor tweak, it's a major gameplay altering factor, and things like that should not be added to the game at this point.

-[BD]-Jaeger37 said:
as soon as T:V is Released, and they are making a update/patch, i wonder if they are adding any NEW vehicles... -_-
Nope.

You'll probably never see any more vehicles.

Im not gunna read through this whole thread to see if someone asked, but...

Why not make it possible to grapple the flag out of mid-air, and impossible to grapple it off the ground? I think that would be reasonable.. and even more reasonable for the Rabbit mod cause the point is to grab and hold the flag as long as possible.. its not fun getting it off the ground and having everyone know exactly who has it, when they pick it up.. atleast grabbling it outta mid-air on that mod may give you a sec to retreat :p

Grappling Mid-Air and not off Ground?... :signed: My $0.02

r00fies said:
Im not gunna read through this whole thread to see if someone asked, but...

Why not make it possible to grapple the flag out of mid-air, and impossible to grapple it off the ground? I think that would be reasonable.. and even more reasonable for the Rabbit mod cause the point is to grab and hold the flag as long as possible.. its not fun getting it off the ground and having everyone know exactly who has it, when they pick it up.. atleast grabbling it outta mid-air on that mod may give you a sec to retreat :p

Grappling Mid-Air and not off Ground?... :signed: My $0.02

It's not very intuitive.

You'll get groups of players who say "It doesn't make sense that a grappling hook could grab something out of the air but not off the ground"

It's all or nothing.

-[BD]-Jaeger37 said:
yogi u know who removed my siggy? and why?
http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/rules.php

5) Do not use images in signatures over 20kb in size.

This means the total size of all images in your signature may not exceed 20kb.

6) Do not use images in signatures that are larger than 500px wide and/or 300px tall.

This is to reduce clutter on the forums and so the forum template does not break.

*falls at your feet weeping* we love you- really we do.

(no really guys, thanks allot for putting up with us and still listening to what it is we said. Making an awsome (sounding at least) game. You all deserve gold stars... or big pay checks, if you've got much for stock options in your company im guessing you'll get the big pay check instead. :)

|Blitzkrieg| said:
I dislike both of the grappler changes, but so far I'm among the numerically inferior but intellectually superior :(
fixed.

|Blitzkrieg| said:
Reintroduce flag disking. This gives the LD the ability to keep the flag away from a mid-fielder with a grappler, giving them more time to return the flag. It also can very easily hurt a mid-fielder, by making the grappler hit the ground instead, and possibly really screwing up their attempt at picking up the flag.
:signed:

Additional rules: When the flag is in the stand, it is "locked in" so you can't grapple it or disk it away. You have to touch it to pull it out.

Shorten the time the flag can sit on the ground before it respawns so defenders can't just hide it with disks.

Last edited:
-A- ...Lost? said:
your opinion on my feedback and opinion is just that...an opinion. thats my opinion. Fool is a capper. im a flag defender. interesting how u felt the need to speak up in defense of a favorite exploit.

if anyone is capping and making it back to their flag across the map in a shield pack, in any build of Tribes since 1999...it needs adjustment.

stick your opinion of my opinion up your ass, fool

Light armor has 75 health.

A direct disc to an unshielded light does 50 damage.

A direct disc to a shielded light does ~35 damage.

A direct disc to a shielded light with active shield effect does ~12 damage.

Two direct disc hits is all it takes to kill a shielded light who disc jumps once, the same number of disc hits that it would take to kill a non disc jumping unshielded light.

I believe shield pack capping to be more effective than Epack capping, but the claims you make are completely absurd.

-[BD]-Jaeger37 said:
stop whinning, yes we know its Anticipating, but LIke Dragon sayd, The Devs Did Allot of work 2 it, WAIT AND DEAL WITH IT. :grimreape

what? Ty's to WarHammer 40k for giving alot of us something to do while we wait for ? hahaha .... yea, i really hope, that since we hear about all this work now, as in, beta testing, or whatever, that this game, will not have to be patch heavy then, k .... but its cool the devs are really paying attention, which is going to bring (hopefully) a game that seemed to be, how to say it, like some new guys game in, and took over a game alot of veterans play now, so they may not kno certain things, its not here fault for the teasing delay i dont think ? but um, to see bad things about vehicals, and to see total strays in beta, makes u think .... soon as beta goes pubilc, will see alot of competetion clans with servers playing this game hardcore then, when this happens then you should get a good idea of what really sucks or whatever ....
------------
and maybe there not paying that much attention, maybe there taking things that they seem good on our end and adding it, tweaking it to fit into THERE game .....

Last edited:
imperial said:
what? Ty's to WarHammer 40k for giving alot of us something to do while we wait for ? hahaha .... yea, i really hope, that since we hear about all this work now, as in, beta testing, or whatever, that this game, will not have to be patch heavy then, k .... but its cool the devs are really paying attention, which is going to bring (hopefully) a game that seemed to be, how to say it, like some new guys game in, and took over a game alot of veterans play now, so they may not kno certain things, its not here fault for the teasing delay i dont think ? but um, to see bad things about vehicals, and to see total strays in beta, makes u think .... soon as beta goes pubilc, will see alot of competetion clans with servers playing this game hardcore then, when this happens then you should get a good idea of what really sucks or whatever ....

Ok so like this one time my english teacher was telling me about how to end a sentence but I said to hell with that because when I'm thinking I don't use periods in my head because that really just takes up too much time and I need my time cause it's valuable and I like to use it to play video games which I'm good at cause I have so much time that was spared cause I don't waste it on little things like periods which only really get in the way of human conversation don't you think too

no, my cutt up fingers are in my way, and english, or the ppl that live by it, are how to say, lol, whiney, or lack common scence enuff to make out the info, kinda like one of the best ren players, bitch had so many typos and incorrect shit, but would own so bad, that most hated on this person, or kicked em alot, How to say 2424, lol .... No, money ='s all in the bs world, fuck english, or correct shit ...
--------
next it will be, length, either to long or to short ....

Back