Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Tuning changes for 05, open beta
Page 15 of 32
Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
281 - 08-20-2004, 21:11
I don't care about convincing the noobs, I care about the Dev team not listening to them.

Sponsored Links
loto
VeteranXX
Old
282 - 08-20-2004, 21:12
just another feature for lazy players. a moving flag is bs.

Nahaj
VeteranX
Old
283 - 08-20-2004, 21:25
Please sir give back the female Julia
I miss her I have nothing to masturbate to since she became a tranny T__T

enDless_Delirium
VeteranX
Old
284 - 08-20-2004, 21:27
I skipped a ton of pages.

Don't know how hard it'd be to code. But when you grapple the flag maybe highlight the grapple line so it's easier to see, and move the flag towards the player at a decent rate (maybe twice as fast or 1.5 times as fast as the grapple and pull a player in).

The way to balance it? While the flag is being grappled it still counts as being "in the field" so if someone runs over it/through it they get the flag.

This stops people from just sniping flags with the grapple, as the LD can just run through it to return, but still makes the grapple useful in flag battles.

Also, anyword on when the SP demo will be out? I'm actually a bit more excited about that then the multiplayer beta (really excited about both though)

americanjoe
VeteranX
Old
285 - 08-20-2004, 22:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Dutch*
The only thing I can MAYBE see working is if you can only move/shoot the enemy flag when it is in the field. But since you are so concerned with the defense, I doubt you would like that idea.
again ... i never said it had to be defense only .. moron ... just in general ... object = shoot able = moveable (wow imagine that :idear: ) ... again ... if you want to play a game where it's the same rehashed **** over and over .. then that’s what you want (lets remake T1 in UTs image!) ... I would rather see a game with different ways of playing it ... not just kill everyone to return OR capture a flag ... learn to read and understand instead of assume and be asinine DuchOven ... take the bag off you head and look at the world around you ... there is more than just kill fest to Tribes (1 or 2).

and balance IS what I'm talking about .... allow the defense OR offense another way of controlling the open field drop ... shooting the flag away from a return is just as effective as a the opposite. think man think ...

americanjoe
VeteranX
Old
286 - 08-20-2004, 22:21
Quote:
Originally Posted by enDless_Delirium
I skipped a ton of pages.

Don't know how hard it'd be to code. But when you grapple the flag maybe highlight the grapple line so it's easier to see, and move the flag towards the player at a decent rate (maybe twice as fast or 1.5 times as fast as the grapple and pull a player in).

The way to balance it? While the flag is being grappled it still counts as being "in the field" so if someone runs over it/through it they get the flag.

This stops people from just sniping flags with the grapple, as the LD can just run through it to return, but still makes the grapple useful in flag battles.

Also, anyword on when the SP demo will be out? I'm actually a bit more excited about that then the multiplayer beta (really excited about both though)
see .. he's thinking .. DuchOver is not ..

may or maynot work .. but bring something to the table of ideas instead of worthless comments ....

Wulfen
VeteranXV
Old
287 - 08-20-2004, 22:21
They are thinking. You just want your T2 crutch.

Diskable flags were a horrible idea.

americanjoe
VeteranX
Old
288 - 08-20-2004, 22:29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfen
They are thinking. You just want your T2 crutch.

Diskable flags were a horrible idea.
hehehe funny how everything is a T2 crutch ... like it or not ... T2 sold more copies than T1 (there were more players playing T1 than copies sold) and T2 brought more players into the fold (new and old) ... you guys jealous at that? I mean .. I played both from the start and I never got jealous at T2 and what it did for Tribes franchise ...

but this has nutting to do with T2 or T1 .. it has to do with a T:V ... nothing more ....

Last edited by americanjoe; 08-20-2004 at 22:32..
rukkus
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
289 - 08-20-2004, 22:33
so yeah... like where is the FP beta?

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
290 - 08-20-2004, 22:38
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanjoe
hehehe funny how everything is a T2 crutch ... like it or not ... T2 sold more copies than T1 (there were more players playing T1 than copies sold) and T2 brought more players into the fold (new and old) ... you guys jealous at that? I mean .. I played both from the start and I never got jealous at T2 and what it did for Tribes franchise ...

but this has nutting to do with T2 or T1 .. it has to do with a T:V ... nothing more ....

Like it or not, T2 was also returned more than T1, and T1 is currently beating it on the server/players lists on Gamespy.

fant-
VeteranXX
Old
291 - 08-20-2004, 22:43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadeu5
Nah, I'm not too worried. If the newbs are wrong, we'll probably be able to convince them. If they don't listen to arguments then I doubt the devs will listen to their feedback.

Do not underestimate the power of reason.
You can't reason with those who have not felt the Tao. Do not underestimate the power of stubbornness .

AvA_Majestic
VeteranX
Old
292 - 08-20-2004, 22:43
i'm going to take a wild guess and say americanjoe sucked at tribes and never played on a decent competition team.

anyone want to give me odds on that?

americanjoe
VeteranX
Old
293 - 08-20-2004, 22:45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fool
Like it or not, T2 was also returned more than T1, and T1 is currently beating it on the server/players lists on Gamespy.
good try .. T2 came out at the time you could not reture open software ... I know I worked at a babbages at time of release ... and theres more people playing Quake 1 Quake world than both T1 and T2 ... whats your point?

ZenTseTse
VeteranX
Old
294 - 08-20-2004, 22:45
simple solution:

offer the flag grapple as a server mutator. let it be optional for server admins, since some love it and some hate it.

if the devs dont make it a mutator, the players obviously will...

Vyrticl
VeteranX
Old
295 - 08-20-2004, 22:45
Quote:

Let's for a moment look at what Tribes 2 did for the community...

1. Had bad reception by the Tribes community
2. Broke up the Tribes community
3. The main focus of the game should be on your powersuit, not vehicles.
4. Proved that T1 was better than T2 with an official patch reverting gameplay (through use of a mod) back to T1 style.

And the only reason T2 sold more copies is because people that played T1 thought it would be as good if not better than T1. So since they HAD to buy it to play online they brought the game only to be torn down by the crappy bugs and gameplay.

americanjoe
VeteranX
Old
296 - 08-20-2004, 22:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by AvA_Majestic
i'm going to take a wild guess and say americanjoe sucked at tribes and never played on a decent competition team.

anyone want to give me odds on that?

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
297 - 08-20-2004, 22:47
Quote:
good try .. T2 came out at the time you could not reture open software ... I know I worked at a babbages at time of release ... and theres more people playing Quake 1 Quake world than both T1 and T2 ... whats your point?

Sorry, when software doesn't install, it doesn't matter if it's opened or not. Even Sierra admitted that it was hellacious with returns and complaints.

americanjoe
VeteranX
Old
298 - 08-20-2004, 22:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyrticl
Let's for a moment look at what Tribes 2 did for the community...

1. Had bad reception by the Tribes community
2. Broke up the Tribes community
3. The main focus of the game should be on your powersuit, not vehicles.
4. Proved that T1 was better than T2 with an official patch reverting gameplay (through use of a mod) back to T1 style.

And the only reason T2 sold more copies is because people that played T1 thought it would be as good if not better than T1. So since they HAD to buy it to play online they brought the game only to be torn down by the crappy bugs and gameplay.
good points ... not saying T2 was the ALL BE of ALL GAMES ... just saying you guy seem a bit jealous of T2 .. that’s all ...

back to topic ...

Fool
Whiny BitchX
Contributor
Old
299 - 08-20-2004, 22:52
Explain why T1 has more players/servers now than T2 does.

fant-
VeteranXX
Old
300 - 08-20-2004, 22:52
Jealous?

Page 15 of 32

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page Tuning changes for 05, open beta

Social Website Bullshit