Tuning changes for 05, open beta

a tactic? give me a break...being able to move around a dropped flag with discs was one of the many reasons t2 was garbage.

the only way you should be able to move a flag is by grabbing it.

(close new regs)

*Dutch* said:
a tactic? give me a break...being able to move around a dropped flag with discs was one of the many reasons t2 was garbage.

the only way you should be able to move a flag is by grabbing it.

(close new regs)

it was a tactic ... it was nice to be able to move your flag to protect it ... I don't see how it would hurt now that flag grappling is out.

I don't get how a flag doesn't move when you shoot a disc at it and there's an explosion right beside it, but a person can easily grab it just by touching it.

WHAT KIND OF GAME IS THIS!?

yeah being able to move your flag into your base/against a wall or into water did great things for the game

it made things way too easy for defense

*Dutch* said:
yeah being able to move your flag into your base/against a wall or into water did great things for the game

it made things way too easy for defense

oh I forgot .. it's all newbie friendly ... lets not add something that might make you think on your feet :redx:

americanjoe said:
oh I forgot .. it's all newbie friendly ... lets not add something that might make you think on your feet :redx:
:signed:

Let's add something that makes fighting for dropped flags more challenging than shooting it with a couple discs to move it to the right place instead.

Amadeu5 said:
:signed:

Let's add something that makes fighting for dropped flags more challenging than shooting it with a couple discs to move it to the right place instead.

if you or the DEVs can come up with a new way of doing this beside grappling or discing the flag .. more power to ya .. I still think since the flag is an object in game .. it should be moveable (but who am I? :shrug: )

americanjoe said:

i would love to see you provide one point in which discable flags would benefit the game...

players are already "thinking on their feet" when it comes to a flag in the field, and if the flag is suddenly able to be moved by a weapon then all that adds is frustration for the offense, and the game slows down.

i know the t2 LD want to hide behind this ability, but the idea here is balance. There is a reason discable flags was not implemented from the start.

americanjoe said:
I still think since the flag is an object in game .. it should be moveable (but who am I? :shrug: )
you want to move the flag, then touch it.. pretty simple.

Last edited:
*Dutch* said:
i know the t2 LD want to hide behind this ability, but the idea here is balance. There is a reason discable flags was not implemented from the start.

you want to move the flag, then touch it.. pretty simple.

hehehe first off ... I play Offence and I never had a problem grabbing a "moved" flag .. second, it wasn't added in because of the fact that you could grapple it .. now gone .. this why I ASKED about flag discing.

to prove my point ... now that you have no option of returning your flag from the field but to run over it (like every other FPS out there .. man I thought Tribes was different?), a dropped flag in the field is a dead target .. and could be taken again with ease if not secured when dropped. Allowing you to move the flag could in turn save a scoring chance in a open field if a player moved a flag just as someone tried to grab ...

I see your someone who can't think in several dimensions at once .. all you think about is how you couldn't scoop up a loose flag because someone shot your numny :cry:

like I said .. if you or a DEV can come up with a way to make open flag defense better w/o discing or grappling .. you go girl ... but then you might have to think again ... oh that hurts .... :ftardkill

well lets see they say that it will be realsed in august. and today is august 20th. so all we have to do it wait 11 more days. that is just one more week and 4 days so we should have the beta soon haha

americanjoe said:
hehehe first off ... I play Offence and I never had a problem grabbing a "moved" flag .. second, it wasn't added in because of the fact that you could grapple it .. now gone .. this why I ASKED about flag discing.

to prove my point ... now that you have no option of returning your flag from the field but to run over it (like every other FPS out there .. man I thought Tribes was different?), a dropped flag in the field is a dead target .. and could be taken again with ease if not secured when dropped. Allowing you to move the flag could in turn save a scoring chance in a open field if a player moved a flag just as someone tried to grab ...

I see your someone who can't think in several dimensions at once .. all you think about is how you couldn't scoop up a loose flag because someone shot your numny :cry:

like I said .. if you or a DEV can come up with a way to make open flag defense better w/o discing or grappling .. you go girl ... but then you might have to think again ... oh that hurts .... :ftardkill
That's exactly one of the many things that made the D overpowered in T2. Even if you didn't bother to disc your flag into lava, you could still just shoot it whenever someone tried to grab and make them miss.

The better solution is there. You have to actually fight for it. It happens in T1, you know...

americanjoe said:

you are seriously retarded...

like i said before, BALANCE.. I was not some t2 capper upset because newbie LD could easily move a flag as I go to grab. I had no problems returning "stationary" flags in t1.

Nothing needs to be done about open field flag defense americant2allstarcapper.

And no, flag grappling was not meant to take the place of flag discing. Flag grapple = grab/return, discing the flag would be moving it...there is a difference.

The only thing I can MAYBE see working is if you can only move/shoot the enemy flag when it is in the field. But since you are so concerned with the defense, I doubt you would like that idea.

I have enjoyed this small preview of what TT will be like after open beta is released. Vets and devs alike, prepare to lose a sizable portion of your hair.

fant- said:
I have enjoyed this small preview of what TT will be like when open beta is released. Vets and devs alike, prepare to lose a sizable portion of your hair.
Nah, I'm not too worried. If the newbs are wrong, we'll probably be able to convince them. If they don't listen to arguments then I doubt the devs will listen to their feedback.

Do not underestimate the power of reason. :)

Back