News: TribalWar Vengeance Movie

ok i got it to work.

feels alot like tribes 2 (gravity/ski/even the rifle/discs)

the flag indicators is too "newbie friendly", same for the trails when you have the flag..

Last edited:
experimental said:
a naive implementation suffers from these problems, but there are some tricks we implemented in the physics that remove this and only start thrusting on a deliberate directional choice while in the air. this was shown to work reasonably well.

having said that, ed made the decision that he preferred it to be free and consistently applied instead of using energy. the downside to this is that it is subtle rather that being powerful because otherwise its too good to be free.

Thanks for explaining. Just one thing is still unclear to me: if it's subtle pushing just the directional keys, will pushing both jet and directional keys provide a more powerfull boost (comparable with how it worked in T1 and T2) or is it just the subtle directional added with the vertical jet trust? Or to put it differently: will pushing the directional keys together with the jet key (still) vector your jet trust?

Maybe this has been answered already, but I didn't see it. Would be nice to clear this up =]

Vid looks awesome so far.
I really like how T:V is looking atm. Very promising.
There's still lotsa things to tweak tho (but im sure the Devs will do their best).

On a Sidenote (dunno if that has been mentioned before) :
How's the MP going to handle the different Models?
In T2, there were Storm & Inferno (same models, different skins).

I'm just curious how that'll work :eek:
That Arena Map included BE and CotP if i recall it correctly.
What about when i choose a Imperial Model instead? Am i forced to use one of the two Tribes Models? (i think that'll be map-related)

Sry again, if that has mentioned before.
And plz excuse my shitty english ;)

Last edited:
Back