Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi
Page 35 of 35
Mooley
VeteranXX
Old
681 - 02-06-2004, 21:54
Haha, thrax owned again!! Holy shiznit!

Assuming thrax is right about it being an accolade it could have been a dis icognito

Sponsored Links
Afterimage
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
682 - 02-08-2004, 00:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void|deadjawa
well, like every game creator posts on their own forum...
Further, how many developers would bother putting up with our crap and still be civil, etc.

While prolonged kissing-up would probably not help voice our concerns, by the same token I hope we're not so cruel that we send the devs packing. I don't think anyone wants to see that... not anyone who plans on playing T:V, anyway. :rocket:

Spadeon9
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
683 - 02-08-2004, 00:39
FYI, Marweas is not a developer, nor is this Sierra's forum. Not arguing anyone's point, just pointing out a few facts.

Afterimage
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
684 - 02-08-2004, 03:49
I suppose I should have said devs/publishers, but I'm too lazy. I realize he's "just" a marketing guy... or was, rather.

I know Thrax (et al.) keeps emphasizing that he was "let go" and not fired, but in my experience people who get laid off don't get replaced until financial conditions improve... certainly not right away. I think companies are, more and more, opting to do things like layoffs to avoid ill-will and uncomfortable situations. They laid off my boss at my work when they really meant to fire him.

Last edited by Afterimage; 02-08-2004 at 03:58..
Flexy
VeteranX
Old
685 - 02-08-2004, 04:30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrax Panda
If that was an attempt at an accolade you need to revive your lexicon.
gamers r dumb.

Patience
Mrs. Weasel
Old
686 - 02-08-2004, 11:45
Just FYI, guys, they didn't hire Scr8pin to replace Marweas. Scr8pin has worked for Sierra for a while and when they laid Marweas off, they just transferred his titles to other people. Scr8pin got T:V, someone else got Larry, etc. (And ironically, Marweas got his notice 5 years to the day after starting at Sierra.)

Edit: Oh, and anyone who thinks Marweas is "just" a marketing guy hasn't had to live with him breathing, eating, and peeing Tribes for the past few years.

-Coelli

Marweas
Weasel4
Contributor
Old
687 - 02-08-2004, 12:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelli
Just FYI, guys, they didn't hire Scr8pin to replace Marweas. Scr8pin has worked for Sierra for a while and when they laid Marweas off, they just transferred his titles to other people. Scr8pin got T:V, someone else got Larry, etc. (And ironically, Marweas got his notice 5 years to the day after starting at Sierra.)

Edit: Oh, and anyone who thinks Marweas is "just" a marketing guy hasn't had to live with him breathing, eating, and peeing Tribes for the past few years.

-Coelli
Couldn't you have said "drinking" instead of "peeing?" :\

Yankee
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
688 - 02-08-2004, 12:10
Good Morning Mrs and Mr. Weasel....

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
689 - 02-08-2004, 12:10
Isn't that sweet?

LostAngel
X
Old
690 - 02-08-2004, 14:20
It makes me all warm inside!

Afterimage
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
691 - 02-08-2004, 14:56
Quote:
Just FYI, guys, they didn't hire Scr8pin to replace Marweas... when they laid Marweas off, they just transferred his titles to other people. Scr8pin got T:V, someone else got Larry, etc.
OK, thank you for the clarification.

Quote:
You're right. Are you inviting us to come watch him pee Tribes? BTW I put "just" in quotes for a potentially ironic effect and to differentiate him from a developer. I realize that his lubbin' for Tribes went beyond that, which is why we <3 him so much (save a few). I think we're just hoping that Scrapin' won't be an utter disappointment (though some would, for dramatic effect, love to make sure he is before he gets a chance to prove it one way or the other).

I hope they both continue to have a presence here; perhaps Marweas will give Scr8 some tips.

Last edited by Afterimage; 02-08-2004 at 15:04..
fartiusstinkius
VeteranXV
Old
692 - 02-08-2004, 15:05
OKay how did I miss every single thread about this and Marweas' month-long absence? :\

Page 35 of 35

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > Current Gaming > Tribes Talk
Reload this Page News: Marweas Parts from Vivendi

Social Website Bullshit