Starsiege: Tribes is 10 years old today!

if i hit the lotto im going to hold a year long tribes league where the winning team takes home one million dollars

tribes popularity would shoot through the roof once again and we would be back to the good old days :]

i dont even really rank tribes compared to other games because honestly whats the point.

tribes is #1 on my tribes list.

always sucks knowing that i'll never have another tribes. I always look and look but will never find anything that matches the game

seriously though... the summers of tribes were incredible... there was a certain smell in the air... and gettin together with my princess arena team and drinkers CTF, rapture, elements and all that fun shit, man... those really were the days.

the depth of the play of the game was sooo fucking intense... TSN, WSBN, all that good shit.

Nothing will EVER MATCH

This thread ran all day and only made 6 pages. It is sad for this T1 vet to see how little the response was for this moment in history but it confirmed what i was thinking. Now I can let everyone in on what we had cooking and why we canned the idea. SuicideTaxi, DwarfVader, and I had planned on a one-night-only broadcast to celebrate Tribes 10 years. We were going to have visits from all your favorite casters from the good ol days and even some surprise guests. After some discussion we decided there was a good chance there was little interest in such an undertaking and we would have few people tune in. The hard core group have mellowed, scattered, and are on to bigger and better things. This thread proves this out. Now as it turns out my heart would not have been in a broadcast today as I have suffered a death in the family. Anyway in homage to the greatest game ever created I give you the ad for the cast that will never be about the game that will live in our memories.
wsbn%20ad2.jpg

Cheers :cheers:

Cheers.

we're all getting old.

ps. I gave my friend all the original posters for T1 out of PC Gaming mag. Still has them, full foldout sheets. (had alot of units from starsiege in them)

i remember it like it was yesterday.

This thread ran all day and only made 6 pages. It is sad for this T1 vet to see how little the response was for this moment in history but it confirmed what i was thinking. Now I can let everyone in on what we had cooking and why we canned the idea. SuicideTaxi, DwarfVader, and I had planned on a one-night-only broadcast to celebrate Tribes 10 years. We were going to have visits from all your favorite casters from the good ol days and even some surprise guests. After some discussion we decided there was a good chance there was little interest in such an undertaking and we would have few people tune in. The hard core group have mellowed, scattered, and are on to bigger and better things. This thread proves this out. Now as it turns out my heart would not have been in a broadcast today as I have suffered a death in the family. Anyway in homage to the greatest game ever created I give you the ad for the cast that will never be about the game that will live in our memories.
wsbn%20ad2.jpg

Cheers :cheers:

There's also the fact that having suicide taxi as part of that broadcast team would automatically cut any kind of audience by 90%

Back