Crysis Tribes mod: Rise

I don't see how the skiing looked off at all, but most of the people who said that are vet^3 and I can't tell if they're comparing it to T1

people dont realize the problem with other failed remake projects is not so much the skiing but the horrible map designs that makes skiing feel off. if skiing is 5% different from tribes1 but the maps are great, no one will care (assuming all other factors are equal/better).

Last edited:
Well I never played T2 or T:V, but when I played T1 I was HO, and if I hit my routes right you would skii just as fast as a light.

Great job! I think whomever made that video tailored it to tw. Focusing on skiing was an awesome idea. If you need extra help, I can familiarize myself with the engine and see if I can script for you guys.

people dont realize the problem with other failed remake projects is not so much the skiing but the horrible map designs that makes skiing feel off. if skiing is 5% different from tribes1 but the maps are great, no one will care (assuming all other factors are equal/better).

Yeah, its also hard to tell from the video if the skiing is "perfect". I really liked the terrain in this video. Its exactly what a new tribes game should have looked like. (Terrain-wise)

I think concentrating on ski routes is a terrible idea. That's one of the major flaws with Vengeance. Let the players invent ski routes on their own.

Agreed.

This looks fucking bad ass mostly thanks to the engine, lots of luck actually putting it out.

Fuck people telling you how to make this, and how you should use "andrews t1 physics bullshit"

this is your project, make it how you see fit, good luck

edit- looks great, props

Wow, yes please! Also, thanks for replenishing some of the hope that was raped out of me by the fail that is Legions.

Back