News: T:V Box Art Finalized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking again at the finalized box art makes me think it's a joke, I mean it can't possibly be the real one. Comon, you guys are joking with us right?

Nutcracker said:
Looking again at the finalized box art makes me think it's a joke, I mean it can't possibly be the real one. Comon, you guys are joking with us right?

was my first thought.

then my second thought was:
"oh sh!t, it's sierra."

If you removed the guys in the air in Bluntzman's box, I think it would rock. Even with them it's still 10x better than the "final" box art. Seriously, who's doing these? The pose just looks silly, not very dynamic and the composition is rather boring.

Are you serious? They are gona use that to sell the game?
If I didnt know what tribes was id stay the fuck away since that box is fucking ugly.

Im buying jetpack man with laser beams kekekekekekeekek

=/

We're trying to attract new players, correct? If so, then don't make it look like a piece of crap. I need more newbs to keep my addiction alive and well. Plz don't kill us all with your crappy BOX!!

Last edited:
When I saw the pictures and realized that I could have made something better with MSPaint, I figured that this thread must be a joke.

Seriously though, I really don't like the art on the front cover. Everything else is great, but those two guys and the green laser.. it just looks so... god.. DORKY!! I wish the cover had some cool, stylized action going on - not some fag-looking guy getting hit by a green laser shot by some guy looking like he's trying to karate kick some other guy at the same time :/

That looks terrible, I can't believe it'll look like that.

Almost makes me embarassed enough not to buy the game it if lands in my hands looking like that.

Did you guys actually pay someone(or more) to do this? Newbs are going to see that box art, look at the rest of the titles, and have an easy choice.

It won't matter if the game's any good if no one buys it because of the terrible art.

Wulfen said:
Did you guys actually pay someone(or more) to do this? Newbs are going to see that box art, look at the rest of the titles, and have an easy choice.

It won't matter if the game's any good if no one buys it because of the terrible art.

"Pay" someone. I don't think they had a box artist in their budget so they just made the marketing guy do it or something.

its looks alright. could be better, could be worse. but its a good attention grabber, gets the feeling of tribes out to those who haven't experienced the true joys of tribes. good work

Someone needs to start a poll on who actually approves of the "finalized" box art. So far it looks like about 3% at best.

Plague said:
Someone needs to start a poll on who actually approves of the "finalized" box art. So far it looks like about 3% at best.

The mysteries of marketing are unknown to our simpleminded demograph, so perhapes it aimed at a highly specialized audience. You know, annoying commericals are an effective form of marketing too. Maybe the idea is for people to see the game box and say, "Hey! What the hell is that crap 50 dollars for with such a bland box?!"

But what I really think happend was:
"We need some box art that shows we have high flying jetpack adventures, and it needs to use the in game graphics."

And then they got a forum to do it for them -- well, maybe not but the results could be the same.

Plague said:
I think that 3% is just kinda shocked and said its ok because they are speechless..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back