[Internet] FCC Rules Against Net Neutrality

looks like content providers would need to charge more for their content...or generate better content.

maybe digital distribution has its limits because of the amount of traffic it generates on the toll bridge that they don't own and operate.

pagy u got to get out of this mindset dood its ruining peoples lives if we had people with those same views in charge of health care we wouldnt be socialized in it and we'd be even further behind than we are now

pagy u got to get out of this mindset dood its ruining peoples lives if we had people with those same views in charge of health care we wouldnt be socialized in it and we'd be even further behind than we are now
dudes its our socialized doctors that are ruining your chances of healing the swellings of the brain

do u want the stem cell transplant so u can regenerate your health after your injuries so u can continue ur modelling bartending career well thats a higher price than regular ppl health care so pay up chump its ur fault ppl jumped u and clubbed u in the head in the first place

Pagy, you do realize that the government(s) subsidize about 70% of the cost of Internet infrastructure?
i'm opposed to the subsidies.

but if you want strings attached to subsidies, you should attach them when you give them. just another example of how stupid government interference is.

do u want the stem cell transplant so u can regenerate your health after your injuries so u can continue ur modelling bartending career well thats a higher price than regular ppl health care so pay up chump its ur fault ppl jumped u and clubbed u in the head in the first place
but in states they give u stem cells up here they just give u crappy shared low cost welfare service.

dudes its our socialized doctors that are ruining your chances of healing the swellings of the brain

its a bunch of issues thats 4 sure but life aint about partisian and systemic answers

u cant be just relative or just absolute u gotta do the right thing at the right time

i wouldnt mind if net neutrality was nuked and we got a nice micro transaction system in cuz then i could probably make more money off my blogs and even forum posts

or if the regulations didnt exist and i could be allowed to take a risky stem cell treatment that hasnt been clinically trialed in mice and apes for 7 years which usually has little correlation to efficacy or safety

im with u on that shit

life is about doing the right thing at the right time

so y make anti net neutrality so expensive

its like going from a bad situation to a worse one

I especially like how pagy continuesto avoid the comparison to electrical service.

Whether anyone likes it or not, the internet has become a necessity.

itt: nerds get butthurt the internet gets treated like every other good out there and will procede to not care about any of the more tangibles that will need to be won before the net neutrality PRINCIPLE could be one that is enforced.

also how did this become a thread on healthcare unless people are going to declare their 'right' to cnn/neopets/xhamster is on par with the collective health of the nation?

Pagy, I usually don't care/notice your posts, but in this thread you have shown to be one of the dumbest motherfuckers on TW. Serious question: are you retarded?
It's not like you're playing devil's advocate or something; your arguments are just beyond retarded. I don't even think tehvul is that stupid.

itt: nerds get butthurt the internet gets treated like every other good out there and will procede to not care about any of the more tangibles that will need to be won before the net neutrality PRINCIPLE could be one that is enforced.

also how did this become a thread on healthcare unless people are going to declare their 'right' to cnn/neopets/xhamster is on par with the collective health of the nation?

Nerds or consumers annoyed at unmitigated corporate greed from government subsidized monopolies, same same.

I especially like how pagy continuesto avoid the comparison to electrical service.
i haven't. i've pointed out how terribly its regulated and how they continue to gouge us all regardless. comparing internet to power utilities is pretty fucking sad too. go outside dude.
Whether anyone likes it or not, the internet has become a necessity.
i don't agree, but again, it's moot. food is a necessity. driving is a necessity. what's your point? you're giving a premise without a conclusion.

Last edited:
Pagy, I usually don't care/notice your posts, but in this thread you have shown to be one of the dumbest motherfuckers on TW. Serious question: are you retarded?
It's not like you're playing devil's advocate or something; your arguments are just beyond retarded. I don't even think tehvul is that stupid.
so no counterargument then?

just "wah ur a faggot i want my halo" ? cmon now.

Internet is akin to a utility. It served as one before, but it won't without net neutrality. The electricity analogy is a pretty good one.

i haven't. i've pointed out how terribly its regulated and how they continue to gouge us all regardless. comparing internet to power utilities is pretty fucking sad too. go outside dude.
i don't agree, but again, it's moot. food is a necessity. driving is a necessity. what's your point? you're giving a premise without a conclusion.
It's a great comparison. How is it sad?

And driving is a necessity, but the internet isn't? Are you serious? Driving is a luxury in the same way the internet is. You don't need to drive, but you sure as hell aren't going to function well in the modern world without it.

so no counterargument then?

just "wah ur a faggot i want my halo" ? cmon now.

The "counter" arguments, as if you presented any sort of argument, have been said plenty of times in this thread. What is it that you do not understand?

-You and websites owners are paying the ISP to have internet access. Why should ISPs be permitted to charge you twice?

-The internet is a NECESSITY in the modern world. If you don't think so, don't ever use your email ever again. See how long till you get fired from your job.

-The ISP providers are going to throttle your connection to certain sites, unless you pay a premium or simply more money. This means you are paying twice for one thing. It would be like paying for the gas you put in your car, but also having to pay to be allowed to put gas in your car, and pay to be allowed to use the gas to drive, AFTER you have purchased the gas.

-ISPs can effectively stop you from visiting a site, hurting businesses. Maybe you want to look in to Telus instead of Bell Canada for your cell phone service provider. Well guess what, Bell Canada owns your internet, and you can't access Telus. Guess you're stuck with Bell Canada.

^ agreed 100%

last i checked, market forces dictate prices of cars, cost of insurance. and gas companies dick me over by price fixing.

why is internet special?

What if tomorrow you had to pay a fee to simply access a gas station? Then if you wanted gas, you had to pay for the gas itself. After you decide to put gas in your car, you have to pay an additional fee for every liter of gas you use. Would that make sense to you?

Last edited:
Back