Yarrr! Beta by Witch - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Yarrr! Beta
Page 2 of 4
Strief
Veteran++
Old
21 - 10-14-2011, 23:59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
Spot on about the tokens. I agree that it's great that you can get so much gear, and that you can turn in old tokens for new ones... but it does feel like there's so much token management going on at times. Maybe a separate inventory page like the one for mission items. That way you don't really have to worry about spending/converting old ones for the sake of saving space.
This. Especially since we saw that in some other games. That would make it much easier to manager. Should probably add that 4-5 inventory spots may not seem like a big deal, but due to the many different types of vendor trash and random crap you pick up; I felt like I ran out of inventory space pretty quickly.

An additional tab would be perfect.

Sponsored Links
Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
22 - 10-15-2011, 08:28
Something else I saw on the beta forums as well, was the complaint about crafting items also taking up a bunch of space.

So, already you carry the items you just listed, now picture each craft having 2-3 green items, a blue and purple quality craft item... for each level bracket within the craft. Easily meaning that once you're about 100 points into your profession, you carry on hand roughly 8-10 items in your inventory.

On the forums people are suggesting that you should be able to craft an item if the components are in your bank as well as your inventory. Since your companion is the one who performs the action, and they are sent back to the ship to do it anyway, that it made no sense to require the player to carry the items on hand (you can access your bank from your ship).

**One really nice thing about inventory management that they did right; you can send your companion to vendor all your trash loot for you at any time.

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
23 - 10-16-2011, 12:21
I furiously took screenshots before my beta ended last week. I put together a bit of a slideshow for anyone who was interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SPw8ysBQz0

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
24 - 10-16-2011, 14:50
You have unusual keybindings. Thanks for the screens!

Atreides
VeteranXV
Old
25 - 10-16-2011, 18:21
haha, I get that comment for nearly every game I post screens for. I'm left handed, so I've always used arrow keys for movement in PC games. Thus, in MMOs, I bind everything around the arrow keys.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
26 - 10-16-2011, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreides View Post
haha, I get that comment for nearly every game I post screens for. I'm left handed, so I've always used arrow keys for movement in PC games. Thus, in MMOs, I bind everything around the arrow keys.
I actually played Tribes with arrow keys for few years. Think I had jet bound on Numpad0

My friend was weirder. He ski'd with Enter.

I do have bit unorthodox keybind setup tho. I swap hotbars/quickslots/whatever with W, R and T (moving with ESDF). W is generally for most used abilities, R for CC/less needed ones and T for cooldowns and whatnot. Then I hotbind all keys around my movement keys. Q for "Target Next Enemy" in MMO's, altho I usually target with mouse. So that leaves me with.. A, C, V, G, >, Z at least.

I just can't understand how people swap hotbars with Shift+# flexibily, it feels really clumsy to me (having to move hand off movement keys)

For TOR I may need to buy a new mouse. So far I've managed with common 2 buttons + scroll rat, but at least SI Tank seems to have quite many abilities at lev50, so could use few extra buttons.

MountainDewMike
VeteranX
Old
27 - 10-16-2011, 19:57
Before ski scripts I used the arrow keys as well and would mash Numpad1 for skiing.

I've heard there's quite a bit of skill bloat for most classes. WoW was tolerable. The number of keybinds needed in EQ2 was absurd.

blink
Veteran5
Old
28 - 10-20-2011, 10:10
Characters getting wiped (again) Friday night.

blink
Veteran5
Old
29 - 10-21-2011, 11:14
I wonder how long until the next build is avail for download.

It looks like they are pushing all testing groups out at once this round as a mock live launch.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
30 - 10-22-2011, 18:13
i hope i get in, and from that youtube vid, why are all the sith males so large?

Excel
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
31 - 10-22-2011, 18:57
what sith males?

Ickz
VeteranXX
Old
32 - 10-23-2011, 03:26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Steve View Post
i hope i get in, and from that youtube vid, why are all the sith males so large?
Male body types are pretty ****ed. 1 is a scrawny little teenager, 2 is a scrawny little adult, 3 is super buff tall muscle duder, 4 is jabba the hutt. Basically, 3 is the only viable decent looking one so pretty much everyone picks that.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 10-24-2011, 01:13
ahhh i see. lol, wondered why they all looked so gigantic in proportion. i hope i get into the next beta round

blink
Veteran5
Old
34 - 10-24-2011, 14:20
Been in beta since June.

Yeah the body types kinda blow. You are either a body builder or a scrawny ******.

Pirate Steve
VeteranXX
Old
35 - 10-25-2011, 11:47
i want like a fat, ron jeremy type for my smuggler

blink
Veteran5
Old
36 - 10-25-2011, 12:08
Update 10/24: There is no ETA on the deployment of the next build at this time. We appreciate your patience, and will update you as soon as possible!

double

Strief
Veteran++
Old
37 - 10-25-2011, 15:46
Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Update 10/24: There is no ETA on the deployment of the next build at this time. We appreciate your patience, and will update you as soon as possible!

double
Indeed, I ran into this yesterday. Sad panda.

Witch
VeteranXV
Old
38 - 11-02-2011, 14:31
Beta is back up, you can download the new build from the portal. You should get email too, but no need to wait for it

Strief
Veteran++
Old
39 - 11-09-2011, 14:19
I heard some people got weekend beta invites the last few days. Anyone new going to be able to try out the game for the weekend?

talos
VeteranXX
Old
40 - 11-09-2011, 16:30
Got my beta email this morning, start on the 11th.

Page 2 of 4

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Star Wars: The Old Republic
Reload this Page Yarrr! Beta

Social Website Bullshit