[Official] The Anglers Thread

Travace - not sure that's the _exact_ package you're looking at, but that trailer is a steel frame freshwater rig. It would be better if it was galvanized steel, but that looks painted. It will have a much shortened life if exposed to saltwater. The aluminum hull is okay, but you'll need to wash it thoroughly or splash it in a freshwater lake after a salt water session. Nice, don't get me wrong ... just some advice to digest.

EDIT - went and looked at the web site. The trailer is painted but has some sort of Galva-treat coating or something. It does look like a great package. My point is just that its intended use is freshwater. The salt environment is a bitch. Glad you getting a nice ride.

Last edited:
I enjoy living vicariously through your posts, Trav.

Love fishing, been years since I went on an actual fishing TRIP....guess that's what happens when you have 3 kids under 5!

Curious - how far are you from the water? Here it is at least 1h drive to anything decent.

there is 2 lakes with possible world record largemouth bass within 15 mins from my house. within 30-45 mins there is prolly 10 lakes. then i have the San Diego bay and in summer the tuna bite offshore here is epic.

San Diego County and Japan are the 2 major places in the world for catching bass with large swimbaits as well.

Travace - not sure that's the _exact_ package you're looking at, but that trailer is a steel frame freshwater rig. It would be better if it was galvanized steel, but that looks painted. It will have a much shortened life if exposed to saltwater. The aluminum hull is okay, but you'll need to wash it thoroughly or splash it in a freshwater lake after a salt water session. Nice, don't get me wrong ... just some advice to digest.

EDIT - went and looked at the web site. The trailer is painted but has some sort of Galva-treat coating or something. It does look like a great package. My point is just that its intended use is freshwater. The salt environment is a bitch. Glad you getting a nice ride.

i am not taking it into salt water. i have so many lake options i am not worried. Honestly i spend 90% of my fishing time in fresh water anyway. on top of that my buddy has 2 really nice kayaks if we want to do the bay.

here are the first bass i caught on my boats first outing. only had about a hour to fish.
2s1oumr.jpg

25k0uwg.jpg

30nht1e.jpg

there is 2 lakes with possible world record largemouth bass within 15 mins from my house. within 30-45 mins there is prolly 10 lakes. then i have the San Diego bay and in summer the tuna bite offshore here is epic.

San Diego County and Japan are the 2 major places in the world for catching bass with large swimbaits as well.

I am not sure where the whole swimbait variable comes in, but I know that in Ontario there is some fantastic (and world class) bass fishing to be had as well.

I still remember deep sea fishing in Aruba, catching a gorgeous yellowfin tuna, only to have the fuckwads at the resort overcook the thing to death (after telling them we just wanted it seared!).

I am not sure where the whole swimbait variable comes in, but I know that in Ontario there is some fantastic (and world class) bass fishing to be had as well.

I still remember deep sea fishing in Aruba, catching a gorgeous yellowfin tuna, only to have the fuckwads at the resort overcook the thing to death (after telling them we just wanted it seared!).

florida is a mecha for fishing bass... shit fishing in general. i hear there is ponds with large bass behind every 7-11 there. also its on my bucketlist to get a peacock bass and florida has em.

the swimbait thing is somewhat newer to the fishing world(altho been around for a long time) and there is a lot of the people who make em here in San Diego area.

here are the first bass i caught on my boats first outing. only had about a hour to fish.
2s1oumr.jpg

25k0uwg.jpg

30nht1e.jpg

I like how you're dressed to co-ordinate with the boat! Nice to get a few on your first outing. Now to find a fishing [strike]sucker[/strike] buddy to soak for gas money!

I like how you're dressed to co-ordinate with the boat! Nice to get a few on your first outing. Now to find a fishing [strike]sucker[/strike] buddy to soak for gas money!

my best fishing buddy is good people. without me even asking yesterday he paid for my permit and the boat launch which is like 18 bucks or so. anyhow my buddy got 2 and i got 6 with these 2 being the biggest. live well works properly.
2aes5x.jpg

well its been an even better week. starting to learn this lake and where some bigger ones are at. honing into what they want right now and its showing. still catching big numbers(got 9 today) but they are better sized.
2qjdeh5.jpg

2yv0yli.jpg

durrt.jpg

and this is the kind of crazy i am. this is just some of the soft plastics i carry with me at all times.
2vdjgxy.jpg

i feel like a monster is gonna bite soon. already had a 14lb or so follow my lure.

I remember fishing for carp as a kid. I would catch and release but they put up a damn good fight.
Fond memories.

That's a good start on the plastics game.

Have you seen those gulp hardcase things, you can cram about 50 packs in one. I have three of those jammed full that I take everywhere. I usually take another two briefcase size plastic tubs full as well.

TBH it's friggin ridiculous b/c I use the same three or four every time anyway. But you know how it is. I went through a phase of buying loads of vintage/closeout stuff from ebay. Have a heap of old handpoured worms etc. Gets to the point where you don't want to tie them on cos they have been around for so long.

Mostly I use the ecogear grass minnow in medium black/gold, Jackall Waver Shrimp is also a go-to.

Last edited:
That's a good start on the plastics game.

Have you seen those gulp hardcase things, you can cram about 50 packs in one. I have three of those jammed full that I take everywhere. I usually take another two briefcase size plastic tubs full as well.

TBH it's friggin ridiculous b/c I use the same three or four every time anyway. But you know how it is. I went through a phase of buying loads of vintage/closeout stuff from ebay. Have a heap of old handpoured worms etc. Gets to the point where you don't want to tie them on cos they have been around for so long.

Mostly I use the ecogear grass minnow in medium black/gold, Jackall Waver Shrimp is also a go-to.

ha yea i know what you mean. i got a lot of that stuff from lucky tackle box subscription... which i just recently canceled. i use maybe 4 or 5 different worms right now. one of my favs is the jackle pumpkin pepper in 5.8 size. that size only. bigger or smaller and its not the same action. i also have some customs that i cant show. basically someone i know makes soft plastics and they make a worm +color they do not release to the public. he gives them to his tourney angle buddy's. i got a few and they absolutely slay em.

went to to Maui Hawaii recently and caught myself 6 new spieces i never caught before....

a small jack
imhz08.jpg

a rectangle trigger fish. also the hawaii state fish
25uto4y.jpg

a puffer fish.. which was a fun fight
15qszz9.jpg

a goatfish ... pretty cool actually caught this guy standing on a reef about knee deep.
11sjj14.jpg

a sergeant fish
9lbzid.jpg

and last but not least my first wahoo or as the hawiians call it Ono. 30lb
17s4tg.jpg

34yblgw.jpg

Back