Mobile Users: Tapatalk Has Been Installed

A few people have been asking me for this; I was reluctant to install it because I don't see any ad integration into it meaning there is a chance this will decrease our already low income, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Tapatalk is a mobile forum app for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia. Tapatalk supports vBulletin, phpBB, IPB and SMF forums and forum owner can activate this service for free. Tapatalk supports all the usual forum functions plus full screen image viewing, image upload, caching (less reload), private messaging, all these features are accessible in just a few simple taps.

Showing New and Unread Thread with Avatar and Number of reply:
77ec8c55-d161-2949.jpg

Images are thread are converted to thumbnail and allow full-screen viewing
77ec8c55-d19e-1d77.jpg

Ability to see Who's Online and what they are doing:
77ec8c55-d1b3-cbe1.jpg

Ability to search by topics and posts:
77ec8c55-d1cd-05b1.jpg

Ability to upload images directly from Android and iPhone!:
77ec8c55-d44e-0fbc.jpg

Check out Tapatalk - Forum App on the iPhone, Android, Nokia, and BlackBerry for vBulletin, phpBB, IPBoard, and SMF for more information!

32512436.jpg
:(

*Edit1*
Made a better one: (Maybe?)
copyv.png

*Edit2*
And the stolen Wiki one like Hurricane Harold suggested:
wikij.png

Last edited:
honestly reading the forum on a mobile browser is not that bad

but navigating is a pain because you have to either hit really tiny buttons with your fingers, or zoom in to hit them. and if you're going for something like a page number, you'll end up missing and loading the wrong page, etc.

kind of annoying on a slow mobile connection.

I thought it was free? Oh, I see. $3. That's kind of annoying. So they charge for an app that reads our content. Well, whatever I guess.

It's a lot more work than you would expect. Dumpy Dooby offered to help me with the templates a long time ago, then never wound up doing anything. The mobile template has been disabled, there is no point in having it as far as I can tell. Did anyone actually use it?

I think a lot of people actually use it. I didn't, but the one Dumpy Dooby was making looked pretty cool. I'm sure it was a lot of work but at that particular time, I had all the time in the world.

But I think the main reason I was denied was because I needed server access and I understand not being able to have that.

:shrug:

everything works fine on my native browser, no need to zoom, except i cant send pm's

is the upload images directly from phone thing only for Android and iPhone?

I don't have a smart phone, can someone tell me how this is better than just using your native browser?

Biggest issues about this forum when not using tap:

zooming in to hit a small ass button, then zooming out to read, then zooming in to hit another button, then zooming out to read.

reply box. Holy fucking christ, at least on my screen (Droid X) when I go to type something in the reply box I have to keep backing in and out so the keyboard doesn't cover the input box.

Also in regards to the reply box: When I am on chrome or ie9 and I click reply, I get my curser at the end of the content already in the input box, but with my mobile browser it gets put at the top and the keyboard blocks the rest, which leads to problem above.

Then when you add in the fact that random thumb pushes will "send" your reply, you end up with a LOT of posts that start in the middle of a quote, or sentences that stop before you are finished and then you have to play the zoom game to get back and edit it before someone on tw quotes you and calls you a nub faggot for not making sense.

So, for me at least, with the droid X this is a HUGE increase in usability for the site, more so because these days 90% of my browsing seems to be done on the phone.

If you need me to test anything, or just want some input let me know. I know we have a small legion of mobile users on this site, so finding a way to incorporate ad space will surely make a difference, but in the end just the added functionality will get me to at least donate more often knowing its going to improve overall functionality of the site.

Back