...and the nerfbat hits tailoring

Smaqaho

Veteran XV
:mad:

(reposted from guild forums, portions taken from EJ forums as well)

New PTR Patch : Shadoweave and Spellfire armor nerf.

After spending nearly 3.5k gold (and still needing to craft 1-2 pieces) I don't know if I should feel like this is warranted or if I'm simply pissed off because I waited 2 patches before thinking tailoring wouldn't be nerfed before I dropped flowerpicking to snag the better profession. I've put off getting an epic mount in favor of having consumables ready for almost every raid and also in order to obtain the best gear available to my class and spec.

What they did is remove a chunk of specific school +dmg and replace it with int. Spellstrike hasn't been hit (yet), but I expect it to get the bat as well since it's almost more imba than Frozen Shadoweave and Spellfire items.

Comparing today's FSW to Tier5 and 6 gear (keep in mind t5 also has more sta/int/spr and for some fucked up reason priest t5 wasted ALOT of item value on crit - for the 2 spells we have that crit, which we already have a +15% crit talent catering to those 2 spells):
Tier 5 vs Frozen Shadoweave (assuming +9 gems in everything)

Shoulders

44 - 68

Chest

64 - 90

Total

108 - 158 <--- reason I took up tailoring!

===========

Tier 6 vs Frozen Shadoweave (assuming +9 gems in everything)

Shoulders

66 - 68

Chest

84 - 90

Total

150 - 158

And after the blizzard nerfbat takes a big swing:
Tier 5 vs Frozen Shadoweave (assuming +9 gems in everything)

Shoulders

44 - 57

Chest

64 - 78

Total

108 - 135 <-- I'll take this hit I guess :|

Tier 6 vs Frozen Shadoweave (assuming +9 gems in everything)

Shoulders

66 - 57

Chest

84 - 78

Total

150 - 135! :(

So stats are being changed to:

Spellfire Belt
23 Int
+18 crit rating
+39 fire/arcane dmg

Spellfire Gloves
18 Int
+23 crit rating
+39 fire/arcane dmg

Spellfire Robe
25 Int
+28 crit rating
+60 fire/arcane dmg

Frozen Shadoweave Boots
15 Stam
17 Int (gain 8 int)
+46 Frost/Shadow dmg (lose 11 +dmg)

Frozen Shadoweave Shoulders
21 Stam
23 Int (gain 8 int)
+39 Frost/Shadow dmg (lose 11 +dmg)

Frozen Shadoweave Robe
30 Stam
28 Int (gain 8 int)
+60 Frost/Shadow dmg (lose 12 +dmg)

note: All 6 pieces have 1 blue + 1 yellow socket

Net loss: 34 +dmg.
Net gain: 24int, 360 fucking mana or ~1 DoT or 2 channeled Mindflays.

Not gamebreaking, but with the shadow weaving nerf this shit is going to suck. As a shadowpriest our longevity is decided by our damage output and smart use of mana potion/shadowfiend/innerfocus cooldowns, NOT by the size of our mana pools. Between +dmg stacking and riding the threat cap at 100-110% of Hannibal's threat we're great mana batteries for our groups. This will take 5% of our damage away (~25k off last week's Magtheridon kill, alot but that's only about 5-10 seconds of raid dps?) plus losing 34 dmg will suck when thinking of the consumable nerf we'll also be facing.

What's funny is that casters were complaining that tier 6 gear wasn't better than their crafted gear.

Blizz hates us shadow priests. Until either shackle undead becomes shackle (allowing for some limited CC) or fear becomes horror we are totally useless. A good 1/3 to 1/2 of our damage is null in arena because of easy dispells too. It's basically forcing us into ONE stat (+dmg) and it is annoying to no end.

btw I am Greve from Dunemaul

Blizz hates us shadow priests. Until either shackle undead becomes shackle (allowing for some limited CC) or fear becomes horror we are totally useless. A good 1/3 to 1/2 of our damage is null in arena because of easy dispells too. It's basically forcing us into ONE stat (+dmg) and it is annoying to no end.

Are you serious? Even if you did 2/3 of the damage you do now in PvE, you're still invaluable to any raid due to VT.

Easy dispels rofl

because removing 5 stacks of shadow weaving or whatever shit, shadow word pain, rogue poisons, etc. etc. is easy when you only get one per cleanse

Once the casuals started to read the forums, it was reversed. Does seem like they throw out ideas to see feedback from community. All we needed was Tigole to come in and say "Sorry guys, this noob wasnt supposed to relay this information, we'll try to work with the underlings better."

people let priests do stuff except heal now

things have changed since the expansion came out : O

So lets get this straight, people are pissed because their gear is no longer better than the VERY end game sets?

So lets get this straight, people are pissed because their gear is no longer better than the VERY end game sets?
VERY end game as in where guilds are after not even 4 months into TBC? These pieces will last maybe midway through summer for most, that's about average for raiding drops and tiered gear.

There will be upgrades for FSW, it's not like the bonus is one we can't live without like mages were with their tier2 for so long.

For about 5k gold to craft a 5pc set 6 months doesn't seem too bad for a lifespan of most of these items. For non-raiding players they'll last even longer making them even more worth the investment. These sets are our version of the epic blacksmithing weapons and like the bs weapons they should only last until we start doing tier6 raid content, perhaps not even that long.

Back