Post your Shadowbane names/servers here.

Talamius said:
I took Agile but not Lightning Reflexes. That's too many points to invest IMO.

Say you're a rogue. Agile is 6 pts for 5 dex and +5 to your cap. 1 point loss.
Lightning Reflexes is 12 points for 10 dex and +10 cap. When you're a race with a really high cap to begin with, you don't need the +10 so bad and those 5 points can be spent in something like str or con.

If you're playing a rogue class, then Dex is everything. It's all of your attack skill and most of your defense. I wouldn't skimp on that at all.

And you're probably gonna max out your CON anyway, so why skimp on your DEX cap at creation?

It's not something that I'd reroll for if I was way into my character now, but it's something to consider at creation...

ZugZug said:
If you're playing a rogue class, then Dex is everything. It's all of your attack skill and most of your defense. I wouldn't skimp on that at all.

And you're probably gonna max out your CON anyway, so why skimp on your DEX cap at creation?

It's not something that I'd reroll for if I was way into my character now, but it's something to consider at creation...

I'm not sure. Usually it takes a 10 point increase for me to really notice an increase in my hit % or how hard I'm hitting with my bow, so I don't think I'm gimped that bad. Later on I may make a new rogue with lit reflexes and see if I notice a real difference, but since Aracoix have a ridiculously high base DEX cap I think I'll be ok.

I've been sinking most of my ability points into DEX, with the odd one going into CON. For the initate levels (1-10) you need a little bit of STR since you can't use the bow yet, and you'll be using daggers or swords. Just enough to get you through those levels.

I'd be interested to know if the stat systems is based by an increase in hit % and whatnot for every 5 points or every 1. I know the stat 'classes' (Good, Great, Exceptional, etc.) seem to change every 5 or so, then by 10s. Perhaps one of the beta testers could give some insight into that.

I'm on Death, Adren Aline - Level 5 Arocoix Fighter right now, just trying to learn the game then I'll probably reroll. Might go Elf Bladeweaver

My problem now is finding people to group with and where to go, I've seen like a grand total of 10 people in my time playing so far.

Anybody want to sell me their "promotion code" for activating the locked races?

I might buy/play this if I had that. :disgust:

Data said:
Anybody want to sell me their "promotion code" for activating the locked races?

I might buy/play this if I had that. :disgust:

Go buy it from babbage's. Both myself and donut bought it from there (two different stores, two diff states), and they gave us the promo pack with the purchase even though we didn't preorder. Call them and see.

I dont have the game but I've read around a bit.
For a Thief wouldn't it be better to go for these runes:

Raised by a Thieves Guild and
Tought by a Thief Master
Increased Constitution

The Raised by a Thieves guild gives you +5 dagger.

The tought by a Theif Master gives you +10 DEX/MAX DEX
but subtracts -5 from STR/MAX STR and -5 CON/MAX CON.

The increased Contitution gives you some of your CON you
lost from the Thieves master, you end up only missing 2 points.

My reasoning behind these pics is 1) You get the same effects from the Lighning reflexes but costs you way less. 2) You get the added +5 to dagger 3) The effects of the -5 con are not that bad since you only end up loosing 2 points to your max con if you pick up the added increase constitution rune and you end up maxing the CON anyway, so -2 from the max isn't all that bad..

Back