Lets say your house/apartment burned down tomorrow

Goshin

GriftKing
Veteran XX
Are you financially able to replace all your clothes, computer, pots/pans, bed etc without insurance?
Do you have insurance? Do you have enough to cover all your crap?

?????????????

reason i'm asking is a report just came out stating less than 3% of americans consider being adequately insured a top financial priority, when really, if you lose all your things, if you dont have them insured you are out of potentially a lot of money.

through college i had about 15k worth of crap
i dont think i could replace that even now.

Are you financially able to replace all your clothes, computer, pots/pans, bed etc without insurance?
Do you have insurance? Do you have enough to cover all your crap?

?????????????

reason i'm asking is a report just came out stating less than 3% of americans consider being adequately insured a top financial priority, when really, if you lose all your things, if you dont have them insured you are out of potentially a lot of money.

through college i had about 15k worth of crap
i dont think i could replace that even now.

just the big/expensive things (furniture, electronics) in my house are less than 3k.

but all the fiddly little things like books and movies and clothes probably set me around 6k, but I don't know how much of the books and movies i'd bother to 'replace'

either way, yes. I can replace it.

do you have the money to replace it, or would you suffer a significant financial set back in getting your things back?
$60 per pair of pants
~$40/50 for each shirt

do the math

What are you, Bam?

try $30 per pair of pants and $15-20 per shirt. this ain't no $200 pair o' jeans son.

if i'm paying more than $30 for a shirt it better be a goddamn button up dress shirt that fits goddamn perfectly and makes me look goddamn incredible.

If my house burned down it would be the greatest day in my recent life. It's all insured.

Home ownership is the most overrated aspect of the American Dream. It is nothing but a pain in the ass.

i have insurance for my things coupled with my car insurance (somehow it was less to get the bundle than for just car insurance).

either way, i'd still be able to replace everything immediately if my apartment burned to the ground (i'd guess ~$30,000 worth of stuff). some of it is irreplaceable though, and i'd be heartbroken - paintings by my mom before she died, old photos, etc.

for those of you that would be out ~10k or around there (and people out more, this is more important)

renters insurance is ~100-150 a year for coverages, which is a steal.
this protects you from crappy neighbors who leave candles/cigs burning inside, crappy appliances the apartment doesnt replace that break and flood multiple units in a building, stupid people that turn on a bath and forget about it, busted pipes, break ins, smoke damage from your or any other unit, someone accidentally started a grease fire...
etcetcetc

10 years at $150 is 1500, which has given you coverage for 10k+ worth of stuff for that time frame. You can afford to replace the things, but will your dreams/aspirations/near term/long term goals take a hit because of it?

?????????

i sound like an insurance agent wtf

What are you, Bam?

try $30 per pair of pants and $15-20 per shirt. this ain't no $200 pair o' jeans son.

if i'm paying more than $30 for a shirt it better be a goddamn button up dress shirt that fits goddamn perfectly and makes me look goddamn incredible.

:lol: dude
maybe we should get a :loldude: and just shrink my orca tat for it
hahaah

no anyway, dockers are like $50 or $60, and ya i was talking about button ups. For the business world. Where i live. tshirts and crap are like $10 or something.

Neutrino: no shit. Lots of upkeep. and taxes. fuck property taxes. and mortgage insurance
blah.

Back