Reload this Page [Opiates]Suboxone - WARNING
Page 2 of 2
Xapz
VeteranX
Old
21 - 07-02-2008, 20:31
Quote:
Originally Posted by L&L-KaoS View Post
If you take more than 400-500 MG in a 24h period your risk of having a grand mal seizure (big common side affect for taking too much) is almost like 80%. But the feeling is usually pretty good, it's a nice opiate feeling just too much causes seizures (i speak from personal experience).
I can't imagine how good a drug must feel for you to continue to dabble in these drugs after having a seizure.

Sponsored Links
GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
22 - 07-02-2008, 20:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
that **** is just a way for them to sell heroin to heroin addicts, same with methadone.
You are exactly correct. I have lost much faith in some areas of the medical profession over the past year.

I have 1 crushed, 3 herniated, and 3 bulging disks from being hit by a car. Dr had me on pain meds for 6 years and I had only taken a pain med once before 18 years ago for a hernia surgery. (took a few tylenol 4's that didn't really help so I didn't take any more)

Decided to get off and they put me on Sub...****in A it's horrible. Worse than fentanyl or oxy. I'd rather walk around in pain all day.

Last edited by GreasyBoy; 07-02-2008 at 20:39..
L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
23 - 07-02-2008, 20:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xapz View Post
Chantix actually kinda is nicotine... except it isn't nicotine.. it's a nicotine receptor agonist (so it just acts like Nicotine).

Chantix's actions on nicotine is extremely similar to Suboxones in the sense that they both agonize and antagonize the effects of the target drug... in layman's terms... it semi-stimulates and also blocks the effects.

Tell me about your experience with Chantix.
Was great, used it for 1 month 1/2. First five days (thats when they give you the .5 mg tabs to start with) went from a pack a day to 1 cig on the fifth day. Then stayed smoke free for 6 months (well 6 months on my birthday this month). It just took any enjoyment from smoking the cig away, and once the enjoyments gone, what's the point of smoking it?

Xapz
VeteranX
Old
24 - 07-02-2008, 20:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyBoy View Post
You are exactly correct. I have lost much faith in some area's of the medical profession over the past year.

I have 1 crushed, 3 herniated, and 3 bulging disks from being hit by a car. Dr had me on pain meds for 6 years and I had only taken a pain med once before 18 years ago for a hernia surgery. (took a few tylenol 4's that didn't really help so I didn't take any more)

Decided to get off and they put me on Sub...****in A it's horrible. Worse than fentanyl or oxy. I'd rather walk around in pain all day.
Few questions
Was it a pain med doc or a standard family doc or what
What did you hate about the sub
And what was bad about Fent or Oxy

Xapz
VeteranX
Old
25 - 07-02-2008, 20:40
Quote:
Was great, used it for 1 month 1/2. First five days (thats when they give you the .5 mg tabs to start with) went from a pack a day to 1 cig on the fifth day. Then stayed smoke free for 6 months (well 6 months on my birthday this month). It just took any enjoyment from smoking the cig away, and once the enjoyments gone, what's the point of smoking it?
Any crazy dreams or psychoactive stuff? Did you have suicide thoughts, etc.

Code4
BP's Pimpx
Contributor
Old
26 - 07-02-2008, 20:41
Quote:
If you take more than 400-500 MG in a 24h period your risk of having a grand mal seizure (big common side affect for taking too much) is almost like 80%. But the feeling is usually pretty good, it's a nice opiate feeling just too much causes seizures (i speak from personal experience).
The max to take in a 24 hour period is 300 mg - 400mg if I remember. I was taking 400mg a day with no side effects. My docs had me on them for a few months before putting me back on Lortabs. Tramadol just doesn't have the same painkilling effect to me.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
27 - 07-02-2008, 20:43
I love when druggies die, I always laugh heartily. The most funny are the kids on Heroin and crack that work out regularly and eat things that are good for their heart.

It's funny that even in a very safe environment the dumb still manage to kill themselves or others somehow.

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
28 - 07-02-2008, 20:46
Quote:
Any crazy dreams or psychoactive stuff? Did you have suicide thoughts, etc.
Crazy dreams o man, i had vivid dreams like every night. If you like to dream, this is the stop smoking meds for you. that's for sure, only 1 or 2 dreams i had were crazy nightmarish, other than that most were welcomed.

I didn't drink for the whole time i was on the meds (i read numerous reports that a lot of the 55 ppl that commited suicide on it, also were drinking while on the medication) but i did have a few days and a week where i was def more down than normal. Suicidal no, but without the medication there have been a couple of times where i have had suicidal thoughts due to situations but, because of the medicine nah.

I will say though, it probably could make a bad (depressed) situation a lot worse.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
29 - 07-02-2008, 20:53
Quote:
Crazy dreams o man, i had vivid dreams like every night. If you like to dream, this is the stop smoking meds for you. that's for sure, only 1 or 2 dreams i had were crazy nightmarish, other than that most were welcomed.

I didn't drink for the whole time i was on the meds (i read numerous reports that a lot of the 55 ppl that commited suicide on it, also were drinking while on the medication) but i did have a few days and a week where i was def more down than normal. Suicidal no, but without the medication there have been a couple of times where i have had suicidal thoughts due to situations but, because of the medicine nah.

I will say though, it probably could make a bad (depressed) situation a lot worse.
Yeah soon you can sail through the sky in your own warship

Your future:

L&L-KaoS
Unregistered
Old
30 - 07-02-2008, 20:58

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
31 - 07-02-2008, 21:08
Quote:
Few questions
Was it a pain med doc or a standard family doc or what
What did you hate about the sub
And what was bad about Fent or Oxy
Pain management Dr. The only pain management Dr. in D/FW area to be listed in the top Drs in the area...I don't lay the blame squarely on his shoulders but do believe the he should have suggested me getting off/other alternatives years ago.

I was originally on Hydro - 5, then 7.5, then 10s. This was over a five year period. They then switched me to Oxy, which I couldn't stand (only about two months) then fentanyl 25 with hyro for breakthrough. Year later up to 50 still with hydro, then some time later to 100 for a few weeks and I said enough.

All caused nausea and constipation, especially the oxy...that was the nastiest crap ever. Weight gain, weight loss, memory loss, difficulty concentrating, mania, sleeplessness.

I pretty much always took the meds as prescribed...esp the fentanyl because I didn't really want to be on it/was scared of it. I think that is why I got along OK on the hydro for so long.

The Suboxone was on for a little over a year, mainly for pain management. They originally had me at 24mg a day but I slowly weaned myself down to 8 even though the Dr said not to. 24 was just too much regardless of what they said and the only difference I could tell between 24 and 8 was the intensity of the side effects...constipation and memory loss being the worst. Got down to 2mg a day per the cycle down instructions before stopping and all hell broke loose.

Diarrhea, throwing up, cold chills, hot flashes, profuse sweating, horrible insomnia, any time you drink anything you sneeze 18x, basic wd stuff but very intense and much longer in duration...over two weeks of intense wd when off not counting the crappy feeling during the cycle down. Note that I did not have any such side effects when going from 24 to 8, but did when going from 8 to 2.

I took the time because I seem to recall you being in the medical field. Perhaps this helps.

DacTheHork
Veteran++
Old
32 - 07-02-2008, 21:16
rofl

maybe a good idea would be to get off drugs?

GreasyBoy
VeteranXX
Old
33 - 07-02-2008, 21:16
rofl

maybe a good idea would be to get out of thread?

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page [Opiates]Suboxone - WARNING

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , but i poop from there! , drugs , opiates