SJW ridiculousness in video games - Overwatch latest by Window - Page 8 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page SJW ridiculousness in video games - Overwatch latest
Page 8 of 10
SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
141 - 01-17-2019, 22:40
I can't wait for the gay people's kids to grow up

Sponsored Links
Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
142 - 01-17-2019, 23:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogRoller View Post
imagine for a moment that all of your television shows, books, music, and video games were exclusively full of homosexuals and people of color, for years and years and years, except for the few times that they put a token white straight man on a television show in a pandering moment of social empathy in the name of progress. that would suck.
wait, wait, is that not the world I am already living in?

and the best part about that token white male character (who always has to be an insecure cringe cuck, much like yourself) is that they have the last name berg, stein, or horowitz

aka they are not really white or males at all

most foreigners watch cable tv inside America and just assume that half the country is black the rest is Hispanic and a majority of both groups are gay in one form or another......

show me a commercial on tv that isn't following this model or following the race mixing strategy in one form or another

if this were a basketball team it would have 13 midgets, 3 paraplegics, and a few blind people and I would be told that this is what our countries demographics are currently made up of

which it isn't

as far as I know, from what I see we are at 100% race mixing according to the TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRl2syTsK7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joJb3ebHY9k

I mean this is realistic right?

Last edited by Captain Tele; 01-17-2019 at 23:33..
Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
143 - 01-17-2019, 23:56
Quote:
it's not "outrage culture" driving it, it's the consumer response to marketing. minorities have been vocally outraged for centuries.

incidentally, about one in twenty humans self-identifies as gay versus straight when asked. another one in twenty humans refuses to answer the question, so probably also gay, or perhaps file under "it's complicated". you appear to think that a much smaller percentage of those folks care whether or not they are represented in various media.

imagine for a moment that all of your television shows, books, music, and video games were exclusively full of homosexuals and people of color, for years and years and years, except for the few times that they put a token white straight man on a television show in a pandering moment of social empathy in the name of progress. that would suck.

don't tell me that the day that straight white people started getting represented in the media as just part of the mixing bowl instead of a terrible stereotype wouldn't make you feel at least a little better about your place in the world.

if your first reaction is to disagree, try thinking about it again, but this time, use the power of your imagination! imagine feeling for your whole life like a not normal person, and then slowly but surely being accepted as a normal person by the rest of society. i think it would be exhausting to have to wait a lifetime to be accepted as an equal member of society, judged on words, action and merit, not skin color or sexual preference. i think it's a good thing for people to feel accepted like that.

once you get to know a person, all bets are off of course. after all they could be a complete douche.

disclaimer: i have no idea if you are a straight white male, but i'll assume that for the sake of this discussion, but it won't matter either way. this entire post, and the thread in which it resides, is pointless, and it will do nothing to change either thought or behavior.
questions

1) should companies (ie tv studios) not pander to the majority of their target audience?
2) what does any of this have to do with overwatch; a cartoon laser beam shooter?
3) what does any of this have to do with hating virtue signaling?

CjBurden
VeteranXX
Old
144 - 01-18-2019, 07:07
Quote:
the fact that you cared enough about it to make this thread to express your outrage is exactly why continuing to push inclusion and generate conversations about it is necessary

ironic, i know
pretty much this exactly..

...also marketing

SINep
VeteranXX
Old
145 - 01-18-2019, 07:12
Nothing wrong with interracial couples...
It's just not the norm and seems over-represented in media; forced/agenda driven.

Kalergi.

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
146 - 01-18-2019, 09:13
good thing logroller came in with the counter reeeeeeaction

overwatch ****ing sucks and has since the first few patches and extra heroes

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
147 - 01-18-2019, 10:33
Overwatch owns btw

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
148 - 01-18-2019, 10:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
Overwatch owns btw
Its not bad at all tbh, better than titanfall series IMO

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
149 - 01-18-2019, 10:53
^ slow old men who couldn't land hooks in dota

Captain Tele
Veteran³
Immigrant
Old
150 - 01-18-2019, 10:55
turns out ******s love ******ry

who knew?

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
151 - 01-18-2019, 10:57
overwatch is an experiment in the redistribution of skill

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
152 - 01-18-2019, 10:57
Titanfall1 is the best, titanfall2 was garbage

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
153 - 01-18-2019, 11:00
Overwatch is an experiment on how good your situational awareness is because the mechanics outside of a few characters are really simple

I like to play MT and while it's not mechanically demanding(outside of primal rage with winston) it takes an insane amount of knowledge/anticipation. Ult tracking, when to engage, where to engage, etc etc

Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
154 - 01-18-2019, 11:08
"u have to be aware of what is going on around u when u click ur buttons, u can't just click them for no reason"

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
155 - 01-18-2019, 11:09
If u wanna distill complex concepts down to that ya I suppose ur right about ow and every other video game ever made

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
156 - 01-18-2019, 11:11
the faux outrage is real lmao

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
157 - 01-18-2019, 11:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ztir View Post
Titanfall1 is the best, titanfall2 was garbage
I never enjoyed a minute of Titanfall2, worst purchase since one of those starwars battlefront games that was dog****

SuperTrap
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
158 - 01-18-2019, 11:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
the faux outrage is real lmao

Remember when Rancher Dan owned you about this?

Ztir
VeteranXX
Old
159 - 01-18-2019, 11:20
8Tf is like the anti tribes, aka accidentally creating something ****ing amazing and instead of rolling with it, burying your head in the sand and not realizing what actually makes your game fun

Imagine if dynamics saw skiing and patched it out and forced everyone to play capture and hold

Just a **** up of absolutely monumental proportions. Respawn sucks. I mean we had a poster here who was an employee and was totally silent when we asked real questions about the direction they were going

I am full on maga reeeeeeeeeee about reeeeeeeeeespawn, **** those guyx

Last edited by Ztir; 01-18-2019 at 11:23..
Veniggs
VeteranXV
Old
160 - 01-18-2019, 11:25
iirc ult status is revealed on kill cam so that is pretty easily tracked with basic communication between team members

ult tracking is not insane

Page 8 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page SJW ridiculousness in video games - Overwatch latest

Social Website Bullshit