Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour? by |R|u|s|t|y| - Page 6 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?
Page 6 of 36
View Poll Results: Do you?
Yes 40 27.97%
No 103 72.03%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Dangerdoggie
VeteranXV
Old
101 - 04-02-2016, 19:55
Now we'll have to raise the amount given to people on social security.

and people on EBT will need more funds to pay for the more expensive big macs.

in order to pay for the above the government will require more tax on your $15 an hour wage.

Sponsored Links
bam
VeteranXV
Old
102 - 04-02-2016, 19:57
When I say jobs go overseas I am talking about China, Thailand, Korea, Vietnam, India, and so on. All of which are not present on your stupid fake spreadsheet.

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
103 - 04-02-2016, 19:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerdoggie View Post
Now we'll have to raise the amount given to people on social security.

and people on EBT will need more funds to pay for the more expensive big macs.

in order to pay for the above the government will require more tax on your $15 an hour wage.
these corporations can eat the costs without raising the price of every little thing or by raising the price very little

its been proven

eat ****

Last edited by epidemic; 04-02-2016 at 20:06..
Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
104 - 04-02-2016, 20:16
Quote:
Originally Posted by epidemic View Post
if it means the working poor can afford that gallon of milk instead of using foodstamps then im all for it

god forbid ****head steve goes without a super yacht
Again, you just can't stop with the whole "**** the rich!" angle. No matter how hard you try to argue it all comes back to your feelings. I don't think your feelings have any place in an economic discussion. It's scary that people like you are allowed to vote at all.

Higher minimum wage means more unemployment, which means more people on food stamps. This is not a subjective statement at all, this is simple economic principal.

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
105 - 04-02-2016, 20:19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bughead View Post
Yeah, I don't know why anyone on TW should care one way or another. Are you getting all worked up because you think "the poors" are going to take your money? Or has corporate America really brainwashed you so much that you actually think they'd all really pack up and leave the country (a country that works more hours than the majority of other countries)?

ABC News - Americans Work More Than Anyone

ABC News - Americans: Overworked, Overstressed

CNNMoney - Turns out Americans work really hard...but some want to work harder
Do you think 34.4 hours a week is too long a work week? If you had to work that much would you really see yourself as "overworked?" Yes or no?

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
106 - 04-02-2016, 20:22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggs View Post
Again, you just can't stop with the whole "**** the rich!" angle. No matter how hard you try to argue it all comes back to your feelings. I don't think your feelings have any place in an economic discussion. It's scary that people like you are allowed to vote at all.

Higher minimum wage means more unemployment, which means more people on food stamps. This is not a subjective statement at all, this is simple economic principal.
rite because all da robots gonna take 'er jawbs

the technology aint there yet buddy

corporations arent going to engage in mass lay offs just because they gotta pay entry level staff more money

they're gonna transition just like they have in the past when the minimum wage was increased

the sky aint fallin chump

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
107 - 04-02-2016, 20:28
Quote:
rite because all da robots gonna take 'er jawbs

the technology aint there yet buddy

corporations arent going to engage in mass lay offs just because they gotta pay entry level staff more money

they're gonna transition just like they have in the past when the minimum wage was increased

the sky aint fallin chump

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
108 - 04-02-2016, 20:32
funny

too bad all those places still have an entire crew of people stocking shelves cashiering at checkstands and providing customer service

even when full automation comes about at the local Mickey Ds i doubt people will patron those places in droves

its just like dialing a 1800 number and pounding zero until you get a real person on the line

people prefer dealing with a human and until AI can do more than beat me in a board game the technology just aint there and probably wont be for a very long time

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
109 - 04-02-2016, 20:36
oh and dont forget the fact that you still need a person to supervise the machines

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
110 - 04-02-2016, 20:41
That's absolutely wrong though.

They employ less and less people as a result. The self checkouts have been in Targets for years now. If it was not profitable they would not still be there, so they are turning a profit with them and employ less minimum wage workers. I much prefer to use them anyway because they are almost always faster.

They already had a $15 minimum wage hike in Seattle and restaurants closed at an alarming rate as a result. I know the only reason you think a $15 minimum wage is a good idea is because "**** the rich!" but some guy who uses his life's savings to open a sandwich shop and has to shut down his business because of people like you aren't exactly the 3-figure earning yacht owners you are jealous of.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
111 - 04-02-2016, 20:43
Self checkouts at places like walmart and home depot end up knocking about 10 people out of jobs, (for now) and they have 1 person monitoring the registers

Reggs
VeteranXX
Old
112 - 04-02-2016, 20:43
Quote:
oh and dont forget the fact that you still need a person to supervise the machines
Are you stupid? There are like 6 self-checkout machines in that pic, most likely 3 more off to the right, bringing it to 9.

9 machines and 1 human standing around to help retarded people is less people than 9 human-checkouts.

Pagy
VeteranXX
Old
113 - 04-02-2016, 20:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
I thought i read somewhere that minimum wage jobs were only like 2% of the jobs in the labor foce

The biggest problem is people are trying to come up with a one line answer to a multi-faceted problem.

Minimum wage jobs, even just low pay jobs aren't just work done by high school kids any longer. Everyone knows the middle class is being killed off...meaning middle class jobs are being shipped out of the country. Well if middle class jobs are being shipped out of the country at the rate of about 15k a month since the mid 80's, what do people think those workers are going to do? They can try to compete with the fresh crop of 20 somethings that come out of college every year into a saturated market, or they can take the lower paying jobs. The people i see around here in low paying jobs like mcdonalds or mom and pop jobs aren't kids and 20 somethings. THey are 30's, 40's and older. It's not unusual to see a 50-60 year old working a drive thru window around here because there are really no 'middle' jobs You either have high tech jobs, or you have low end blue collar jobs. between those are hospitality jobs. Lots of those i guess.

There are issues that have to be addressed relating to the job market environment and economy in the country before people can start talking about pay rates while scoffing about 'those jobs are for kids'.
so juggs do u still work in a call centre for dell?

Lord Elessar
or something³
Contributor
Old
114 - 04-02-2016, 20:52
Touch screen ordering will come soon to pretty much all major franchises. I already order with an app for take out at most places. Sheets has used screens for years and it works great

epidemic
VeteranXX
Old
115 - 04-02-2016, 20:53
I'm not talking about small business' struggling to stay open and how they're going to pay employees. Instead of giving all the business welfare to billion dollar business' the government can direct it to those types of situations.

I'm talking about the giant corporations giving the **** you to their employees by purposely paying them less than livable wages and directing them to social services to shore up the loss. It's bull **** and it shouldn't be happening -- but it is and it's the golden standard. You shouldn't be defending the practice and you're more than retarded for thinking it's anything less than reprehensible.

Pointing out automation of these jobs as a result of the government forcing these corporations to pay somewhat livable wages is another symptom of the illness.

Last edited by epidemic; 04-02-2016 at 20:55..
StapleMammal1
Veteran++
Contributor
Old
116 - 04-02-2016, 20:54
Speaking of which.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKeWzpwE11M

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
117 - 04-02-2016, 20:58
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagy View Post
so juggs do u still work in a call centre for dell?
not for about 6 years

Zanthious
Tribalwar Admin
Old
118 - 04-02-2016, 20:59
everyone is told they are worth way more then they are.

WarBuddha
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
119 - 04-02-2016, 20:59
Im ready for drone delivered pizza

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
120 - 04-02-2016, 21:05
when you get the situation where people can get more money by being on welfare than working, that's when you need to raise minimum wage

other than that, i kind of like poor people being poor

like, in order for some of us to be rich, some other people have to be poor...otherwise there is nothing to measure against!

it's just the way of the world

Last edited by coombz; 04-02-2016 at 21:12..
Page 6 of 36

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Do you support the minimum wage hike to $15 an hour?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
alex dare levert , alex levert