Sponsored Links
TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
122 - 10-01-2017, 18:49
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
like everything in life, there are ups and downs and different people will have different experiences

for example, I doubt financial considerations carry the same weight for TechnoDonut as for you, as I'm pretty sure he and his partner are both in the medical profession and (I assume) pull down some big bucks

how much or little time, money and happiness I have with my two kids will be totally different to another 34 year old dude with 2 kids depending on a multitude of factors

obviously
FYIW my wife is a second grade teacher. She makes next to nothing. I make $51,000 per year currently, and won't make much more than that for another 3 years.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
123 - 10-01-2017, 18:50
What kills me is people who have a kid and that kid is messed up from the start. And it drags the family down. I worked over at the childrens hospital for a while and you would see parents in there with teen aged kids that were in a wheel chair, on oxygen, barely able to hold their heads up and you could tell by looking at them that child was barely aware of their surroundings and likely will always be like that.

At what point can they say 'this one isn't working out' and not be considered a heartless *******. The family will be all but destroyed trying to take care of this kid that will never get 'better' and when mom and dad die, now this person will go from one state home to another, probably getting treated like ****

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
124 - 10-01-2017, 19:00
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDonut View Post
FYIW my wife is a second grade teacher. She makes next to nothing. I make $51,000 per year currently, and won't make much more than that for another 3 years.
hehe gg

I guess you'll manage though, people generally do

I'd be more worried about raising a child in Bodymore, Murdaland...

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
125 - 10-01-2017, 19:03
Quote:
Originally Posted by coombz View Post
hehe gg

I guess you'll manage though, people generally do

I'd be more worried about raising a child in Bodymore, Murdaland...
Thanks. We'll move out of the city, and our starter home, as soon as we can make it work... believe me...

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
126 - 10-01-2017, 21:03
when's your wife due, techno?

mine's due april 2nd

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
127 - 10-01-2017, 21:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSobieski View Post
Fathering a child with a Japanese milf 10years older than me. That's right, there's going to be a prince Sobieski.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TechnoDonut
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
128 - 10-01-2017, 21:17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeLiaL View Post
when's your wife due, techno?

mine's due april 2nd
Congrats!

She's only 8ish weeks. We haven't even had our first post-conception OB appointment. Provided that she doesn't abort, sometime in May I'd guess.

JuggerNaught
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
129 - 10-01-2017, 21:39
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechnoDonut View Post
Congrats!

She's only 8ish weeks. We haven't even had our first post-conception OB appointment. Provided that she doesn't abort, sometime in May I'd guess.
Congrats. Is this your first?

mjoe
VeteranXX
Old
130 - 10-01-2017, 22:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuggerNaught View Post
What kills me is people who have a kid and that kid is messed up from the start. And it drags the family down. I worked over at the childrens hospital for a while and you would see parents in there with teen aged kids that were in a wheel chair, on oxygen, barely able to hold their heads up and you could tell by looking at them that child was barely aware of their surroundings and likely will always be like that.

At what point can they say 'this one isn't working out' and not be considered a heartless *******. The family will be all but destroyed trying to take care of this kid that will never get 'better' and when mom and dad die, now this person will go from one state home to another, probably getting treated like ****
yeah, my sister is 33 and still relies on our parents to pay her bills. has had endless different diseases and injuries, lots of time in the hospital. i also think she contributed to the divorce, dad has pretty much stopped talking to her because she stresses him out so much and is constantly asking for money.

ArakAtak
VeteranXX
Old
131 - 10-02-2017, 05:24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
Nurture affects genes, you ****ing retard. How do you not know this?
I'm gonna wait until I get Vanster's opinion on this. I want real science backing this one up.

BeLiaL
VeteranXX
Old
132 - 10-02-2017, 08:00
That you can say nurture affects genes, but then not think anyone can be born with mental illness, blows my mind.

KingSobieski
VeteranXX
Old
133 - 10-02-2017, 09:40
So she's in Japan right now but is very sick. She's decided to sell her real estate business and fly back to the USA this month. She's requested I add a finished floor to my house (everything is just subfloor) and also that I get a real bed (i have a futon fold-out couch).
At the end of October I'll be taking a 5 day business trip to Argentina. Need to contact immigration lawyer and see what process we need to go through for permanent residency.

Rayn
Tribalwar Admin
Contributor
Old
134 - 10-02-2017, 13:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Validuz View Post
You don't have a stay-at-home mom?
No, she stays with my parents most of the week and goes to daycare the other half to socialize and learn toddler stuff. My wife was SAHM for almost a year, but in this part of the country you're going to be much better off with a double income if you only have one kid. Daycare is maybe 12 grand a year so unless you have multiple kids, it's not going to save you money. Women these days don't even know how to be a SAHM, I'd rather have people who either went to college for it (daycare) or had tons of experience with multiple kids (my mom) get some exposure to her.

Again, I enjoy fatherhood, especially as the child gets older and develops a personality. I'm one of four kids, but I have no idea how my parents did it. I guess my house was utter chaos growing up.

At most I'd consider one more but that's it. I kind of like spending without regard to a budget or anything right now, so I guess that would have to change.

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
135 - 10-02-2017, 14:39
yeah when you think about it, it's mind bottling how millions of mothers throughout history have been able to successfully raise their kids without a college degree of some kind

dubsack
VeteranXV
Old
136 - 10-02-2017, 15:43
People making raising kids way harder than it needs to be.

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
137 - 10-02-2017, 15:50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn View Post
No, she stays with my parents most of the week and goes to daycare the other half to socialize and learn toddler stuff. My wife was SAHM for almost a year, but in this part of the country you're going to be much better off with a double income if you only have one kid. Daycare is maybe 12 grand a year so unless you have multiple kids, it's not going to save you money. Women these days don't even know how to be a SAHM, I'd rather have people who either went to college for it (daycare) or had tons of experience with multiple kids (my mom) get some exposure to her.

Again, I enjoy fatherhood, especially as the child gets older and develops a personality. I'm one of four kids, but I have no idea how my parents did it. I guess my house was utter chaos growing up.

At most I'd consider one more but that's it. I kind of like spending without regard to a budget or anything right now, so I guess that would have to change.
I got lucky in that we found a daycare that was a husband and wife thing. He was retired and she had been running a daycare for a really long time. They were basically like another set of grandparents.

Your point about the cost of daycare though is spot on.

I do kind of laugh when people decry daycare as someone else raising your kid. They are only there for a little while and will be in school waaaaay longer. If you can't parent your kids with the time you have with them you just plain suck.

blackpeople
REEEEEEEEEEEXV
Old
138 - 10-02-2017, 15:55
rayn does ur daughter look more like u or ur wife

i pray my daughter gets my wife's looks, im really retarded looking

coombz
VeteranXX
Old
139 - 10-02-2017, 16:12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackpeople View Post
rayn does ur daughter look more like u or ur wife

i pray my daughter gets my wife's looks, im really retarded looking
In Jugg's study linked above, I read that sloped forehead is 85% likely to be passed on by the male parent, I am sorry to say

aScotiA
VeteranXX
Old
140 - 10-02-2017, 22:09
well that didn't work

Page 7 of 10

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Next stage of life

Social Website Bullshit