Writing guitar tunes

Felonius

Veteran XV
Hey y'all,

I finally got my Macbook set up with REAPER (a great lightweight DAW), and I've been recording some improv sessions to capture some ideas for guitar tunes that are in the works. Basically I just hit record and pick around and hopefully come up with something worth using.

So this is just a somewhat random collection of ideas, but I was hoping to get some opinions on the tone and such. I could probably stand to dial down the reverb a bit.

I just changed my strings from 9s to 10s and I'm loving the improvement in tone.

Guitar Ideas #1

Last edited:
you know the feeling after holding your guitar wiht a strap on for hours, it feels like a phantom strap, thats the time to write a good song and do heroin, like every well known thought after musician has done in the last 30 decades.

7-string Ernie Ball John Petrucci Music Man -> Triaxis -> Boss DD-20 (delay) -> Fender Blues Deluxe (power amp only)

My 20/20 has been defunct for so long now I can't really remember what it sounds like. I'd like to get it fixed sometime and use my 4x12 Mesa cab. :drool:

Hey man,

I really like your playing. Great tone and some good riffs in there, especially in the most recent recording.

Would you be interested in doing a collab? I mainly produce dance music but I would love to work with a guitarist on a track, it may end up sounding like The Prodigy. if you're interested just send me a PM or email me at phalanxdnb@gmail.com

You can hear some of my tracks at soundcloud.com/chronologic
You may find the first track a little cheesy, but the rest are stronger.

Awesome! I remember hearing your compositions a while back, but I forgot that was you! I did similar compositional pieces earlier, it would be great if we could incorporate some "epic" elements. BTW, I have an EMU sampler, it's an old piece of equipment that was also used at times in film scoring. It has some very good instrument emulations, especially the strings. If you're ever interested in sending some MIDI files through, let me know!

Back