[OFFICIAL] Game of Thrones Season 3 (Potential Spoilers)

Spoiler

holy fuk

literally 9/10 posters in this thread are just discussing the books

idiots

who cares

this thread is about a tv show

if you read tens of thousands of pages of fantasy books you live a sad life

less than 5000 pages of an interesting world filled with food and peasant hardship
its a good read

anyway: I noticed they dont show bran on HODOR anymore, because he grew too damn much
and it is interesting to see what they do going forward as all the kids become young adults and it's obvious

I feel like from here on out there is a lot of opportunities for them to move shit around a bit since so much of it happens in different places and doesn't entirely relate to the other events.

true man true

i hope they combine book 4 and 5 into two seasons and get rid of a bunch of the hemming and hawing

which they probably will
tops three seasons but that'd be nuts

They'll mix up 4 and 5 and throw in a lot of invented filler, if they don't they'll catch up to book 6 and 7 before they're released.

Books 6 and 7 won't be released so they'll have plenty of time.

That said, I'd be shocked if they didn't somehow merge books 4 and 5. Or just scrap most of book 4 altogether.

they can make 3 seasons on feast for all i care

they have all the time in the world because GRRM is never finishing this series

fat bastard is dead in 3 years gfg

wouldn't really bother me if he died, there's no way he could possible make a satisfying conclusion at this point. There's way too many subplots that will go unresolved and questions that will go unanswered. Better to make peace with it now.

Wheel of Time finally finished. Several years after the author died.

Doesn't matter if GRRM dies, its going to get finished somehow, by someone, especially now that hollywood types are involved. I think the prediction of only 2 more books is a bit of a stretch though.

Having some subplots unresolved or resolved suddenly is fine with me, but I think he can wrap it up for the most part. Hell the white walkers might kill off half the characters.

The Wheel of Time is surprising me with how much is getting wrapped up during the last big battle. Admittedly I have a hard time judging the book fairly because I'm just happy to have the story finishing at this point. After so much time invested in something, it'd be pretty hard to be completely let down unless you're already super angry and cynical going into it.

Back