Good guy Shawn

Yeah, Blindman is sort of an inside joke. I have terrible eyesight.
I wish I had gotten to work with Royo more. I'm a huge fan! Unfortunately while we had him do some promotional art, and the box of course, I had already designed all of the assets by the time he got involved.

this guy is jesus every1

if u try to troll this thread ppl will die irl (i am joking) (or am i)

Did Halo straight up steal your energy sword design?
Alien%20race.jpg

1920x1080-halo-game-online-power-weapon-desktop-hd-wallpaper.jpg

There was a wall with those 2 color pieces on posted sized prints upstairs back in the day. I had completely forgotten about them until seeing them here.

I'm finally taking the time to post! Yeesh.

Just wanted to say how cool it is to see a community of Tribes players alive and well. To this day, Starsiege and Starsiege Tribes remain two of my favorite games to have worked on. You can see how much things changed between when we started, when I was pitching more of a gothic steampunk atmosphere to the more powered armor approach we finally shipped with. I decided the latter was going to be a lot easier for folks to wrap their heads around and an easier sell.

Shawn Sharp

Awesome Sauce..

krayvok and many other ppl i knew started as kids on this game and now have grown up and have kids of their own

GG

and they still play :-D

you guys honestly made the best game ever literally a phenomenal amazing game with an amazing community (that actually turned out tribal itself)

i hope one day Tribes 1 is replicated exactly as is with the same shapes and textures and details just also with ultra graphics options

it wuld be even cooler if it was backwards compatible that's how good the netcode is

u guys shuld be in a video game hall of fame

Last edited:
blindman, do you have any stories of any hardships or break throughs or anything you can remember about the tribes dev cycle? one of my favorite sites is folklore.org, where early apple founders talk about behind the scenes stuff, anything you can remember would be groovy

Back