Damn i want a Corvette ZR1!!

Yeah a 6.2 liter supercharged making ONLY 100hp per liter is horrible. Honda's out of the box F20C makes 118hp per liter and its only 2 liters

that's a fucking useless stat - it implies a linear relationship between hp and litres, and that Honda somehow performed some magical engineering feat by making that ratio higher on a 2 liter. there most definitely isn't a linear relationship.

I love when 14 year olds that know dick about cars start chirping.

ps. engineers are now getting almost 200hp out of production 1L motorcycle engines...

Making a small engine rev to the moon in order to produce horsepower is nothing new... and Honda certainly didn't revolutionize anything with the S2000.

GTR is 69k

ZR1 is 102K

I would take the GTR over the vette no question.

yea, but the z06 is 75k and is better than the GTR. I'd also take the z06 over the zr1 based on what I've read about the zr1 - not to say there isn't some performance improvement, but not $30K worth imo. I still haven;t found anyone challenge the fact that the z06 is the best performing car for the price. lot's of vague "american sucks" - which generally holds true, but not in the case of the z06.

yea, but the z06 is 75k and is better than the GTR. I'd also take the z06 over the zr1 based on what I've read about the zr1 - not to say there isn't some performance improvement, but not $30K worth imo. I still haven;t found anyone challenge the fact that the z06 is the best performing car for the price. lot's of vague "american sucks" - which generally holds true, but not in the case of the z06.

wat

the gt-r destroys the z06

well the gt-r 0-60 is 3.3

z06 is 3.6

nurburgring times

gt-r 7:29:03

z06 7:42:99

given that is only two stats but the gt-r is the better of the two

I sure do love these dick waving America v. Japan contests. Fact of the matter the US produces a only a few good sports cars and the rest is utter shit.

well the gt-r 0-60 is 3.3

z06 is 3.6

nurburgring times

gt-r 7:29:03

z06 7:42:99

given that is only two stats but the gt-r is the better of the two

The GT-R is all wheel drive so it's quicker from a stop but is slower in acceleration.
Also, the GT-R's Nurburgring is an unofficial time with slicks.

My boss currently has a 07 Z06 and was 1rst in line for the ZR1 from his dealer. They wouldn't give him a purchase price, told him to make an offer. Suggested that $20k to $30k over MSRP would wrap it up. He told them more or less to fuck off and now is waiting on delivery of a 09 Viper ACR. It's a great car but not for $130k, he has heard of others being offered for $175k.

Yeah new exotics are being bought for way over MSRP

Silicon Valley Auto Group just sold the new Reventon for 2.5m (supposed to be 1.5)
Same with the scuderias; you'll have to pay $150-200k over market to get one :|
Regardless, the Viper ACR is sweet it it's own different ways than the ZR1, better or worse? dunno
Btw where do u/ur boss work :p

Last edited:
A kid I went to high school with (drove a c5 z06 to school most days) has a Hennessey Viper. I ran into him and he offered to take me for a ride in it; I should probably get on that.

Back