Best deals on an AT&T phone? by JodoFett - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Best deals on an AT&T phone?
JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1 - 06-30-2008, 07:45
Looking at getting a BlackJack2 (probably two, one for me and one for the gf) - where can I find hte best deals? I'd like to stay away from eBay although I'm sure I could buy one that is stolen or whatever pretty reliably. Best Buy has a good deal right now at 50$ for it. Help me be a cheap bastard TW.

Also worth noting, this will be a contract extension rather than a new contract.

Last edited by JodoFett; 06-30-2008 at 07:48..
Sponsored Links
NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
2 - 06-30-2008, 08:09
Refurbs, get the prices right on the web site. Then call a human and say you want a new phone, but only if you get a deal. They'll work with you because they want to make the sale.

When the phone arrives, you'll have to fill out a form and mail it with the UPC from the box and your order sheet to get any rebates. In my cause they didn't send the form so I had to call and get them to mail me one. I mailed it back with all the info and now I'm waiting.

You should be able to get a good deal on a BB Curve because they just came out with the bold. Curve was going for $99 Refurb.

jeff6917
VeteranX
Old
3 - 06-30-2008, 17:50
I axed the phone guy and he said you can just go pull one o those out your ass, ok?

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
4 - 06-30-2008, 17:50
LetsTalk.com

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
5 - 06-30-2008, 17:54
Odd, that site (much like Amazon) won't let me just extend my current contract, I have to buy some new plan and my current plan is way better than all their current offerings.

Got Haggis?
VeteranXX
Old
6 - 06-30-2008, 17:56
July 11th

JodoFett
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
7 - 06-30-2008, 17:57
What about July 11th? New iPhone? I don't know if I care about that phone much.

Granite Gargoyle
VeteranXX
Old
8 - 06-30-2008, 19:43
Oddly enough, Wal_Mart sells the BlackJack II for $50 with a contract renewal, If that's what you mean by extension. Oh and you have 30 days to return in case you don't like it. Just make sure you hold on to the receipt.

guard|an
VeteranX
Old
9 - 06-30-2008, 19:45
EDIT: nevermind good luck in your search.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
10 - 06-30-2008, 20:04
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodoFett View Post
What about July 11th? New iPhone? I don't know if I care about that phone much.
You'll have to visit a local AT&T store, and play with each phone. If you want the web just like your desk top, then get the iPhone. If you need all the business stuff, do more texting, and watch a smaller phone, then get the Curve or Bold.

Yes, you'll have to call a human at AT&T and tell them you want a new deal on a phone while keeping your current contract. The reason you do this is because they'll program your current number into the new phone. You won't be able to do it over the web, but you can get the refurb prices before you call.

Dumpy Dooby
VeteranX
Old
11 - 06-30-2008, 21:51
Quote:
Originally Posted by JodoFett View Post
Odd, that site (much like Amazon) won't let me just extend my current contract, I have to buy some new plan and my current plan is way better than all their current offerings.
Any deal being offered for contract renewals is also available for new contracts. They get the same amount of commission for it.

If LetsTalk.com won't give you the deal, call or walk into (not visit their website) an AT&T corporate store (make sure it's a corporate store and not a franchise) and tell them about the prices on LetsTalk.com and tell the salesperson that if they can match those deals, you'll renew your contract. They'll do what they can.

Tatiyana
VeteranX
Old
12 - 06-30-2008, 21:54
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGodForMe View Post
You'll have to visit a local AT&T store, and play with each phone. If you want the web just like your desk top, then get the iPhone. If you need all the business stuff, do more texting, and watch a smaller phone, then get the Curve or Bold.

Yes, you'll have to call a human at AT&T and tell them you want a new deal on a phone while keeping your current contract. The reason you do this is because they'll program your current number into the new phone. You won't be able to do it over the web, but you can get the refurb prices before you call.
You don't need to have them program your phone. You just transfer your SIM card and you're done.

I bought my Tilt through wirefly.com, but I was switching carriers. I don't know if they do renewals, but you can call them if they won't do it over the web and try.

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Best deals on an AT&T phone?

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
badmofo has a huge penis , cell phone , epic thread , ngfm has spoken , ngfm wisdom , penis , phone , wireless , wwngfmd