80...now what?

Machine

Veteran XX
So my DK is 2 bars away from 79 and i'm really at a loss for what to do at 80. It just seems really daunting. I'm not sure what factions to raise or what instances to do. I'm going back and getting exalted with Valliance Expedition for the upcoming faction discount on mounts, but aside from that i dont have a fucking clue about what to do.

If you want to raid, decide whether you want to DPS or tank and start putting together a set of gear for that job. Work on the reputation that will provide the head glyph(s) you want. You might also start working on Sons of Hodir rep for your shoulder enchant.

If you want to PvP, start working on a set of resilience gear.

Either way, try out Wintergrasp. You might enjoy it, but even if you don't, there are some decent things you can buy with Wintergrasp marks.

Yes you can. You'll probably want to stand inside the zerg though, running out into the middle of 40 enemy players (aka being melee) is just asking to get raped.

just start running heroics, wear a tabard for a faction you like the gear for (knights of the ebon blade is good for dks i think), and do wintergrasp whenever its up

do that for a few weeks then you can pug naxx. you should be able to consistently do about 2k dps before going to naxx, or else a different DK is gonna take your place :D

edit: just get all the gear you can: dps, tanking, whatever. personally my dk is going to be a tank.

If you wanna tank get wymrest banged out to revered, you can start doing the quests (the dragonflights) for rep until 80 then just run heroics to go from honored to revered.

All i do is pvp on my dk, hit 80 a few weeks ago. Get WG marks, get into all the VOA runs you can, have fun raping faces.

ebon blade first for the dps enchant for your hat. wyrmrest epic legs aren't bad for a 200 epic either.

TSD is worth buying for a weapon. You won't see a great upgrade until Death's Bite, ID, BoH, or Ironsoul. The epic crafted DPS hat and ring are also worth getting. Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress and Iron Spring Jumpers are a good buy too. all of this assuming you have a good supply of gold. Get TSD first IMO then the Ring then the hat as those last the longest. There isn't a good hat upgrade until Razor 10 or Sarth 2D.

H Nexus has a great dps belt and H Gundrak has a nice dps ring as well.

The BoE epics should give you good enough DPS as a DK to jump right into Naxx 10 and VoA 10 but if you have the time those are the 2 instances I'd focus on first. Obviously badges are nice as well for buying tier pieces. I like the JC neck better than the badge one but only slightly. Mirror of Truth is the first badge item (heroism) I think you should get.

Sigil of Awareness can be bought with Valor badges or you can wait on the drop from 25 naxx. I bought mine as there wasn't anything else I needed. I got really lucky with token drops.

obviously once 3.2 hits everyone will want to save up for t8.5 tokens for their alts but for now those are the badge items I think you should go for.

the Crit Strike, AP, or Hit trinkets from WB are ok for starting pve. If I had to pick one, I'd go with the hit one so you could be more flexible in your gear choices until you get something better like Grim Tol, Pyrite Infuser, Fury of the Five Flights, Darkmoon Card Greatness, or Bandit's Insignia

Like others said, go to wowhead.com and look up to see what each heroic 5man drops and what each faction's quartermaster offers as rewards and then run said heroics wearing whichever faction's tabard you need for gear. If you have gold, there's also a lot of bind on equip epics you can buy. You'll also want to start doing the argent tournament dailies as those will eventually also get you gear. Oh, and you'll most likely want to unlock the son's of hodir daily quest hub in storm peaks so you can get shoulder enchants. Just remember, wowhead is your friend.

Like others said, go to wowhead.com and look up to see what each heroic 5man drops and what each faction's quartermaster offers as rewards and then run said heroics wearing whichever faction's tabard you need for gear. If you have gold, there's also a lot of bind on equip epics you can buy. You'll also want to start doing the argent tournament dailies as those will eventually also get you gear. Oh, and you'll most likely want to unlock the son's of hodir daily quest hub in storm peaks so you can get shoulder enchants. Just remember, wowhead is your friend.

yeah my natural instinct is to go to wowwiki because...its a wiki, but it sucks dick compared to Wowhead

Dunno, should go to sk100 and see what top frost dks spec. All you do is save up max runic power and wait for killing machine to proc. Then frost strike crit, death chill frost strike crit, and pray to the gods to make next frost strike randomly crit. Grats, you've just 100>0'ed most classes. I particularly enjoy it when that happens to meor my partner in arena - very skillful (then again, I play FoK spec now, so what do I know about skill).

Gearing and rep are the real grind. 1-80 is a casual, scenic journey by comparison (that can be done entirely solo...)

Back