[confession] I have to admit something

Wufei

Veteran XX
I've never made it past level 60. I've tried playing this game 3 times now, and every time I always get tired of it at or around 60.

This time I decided to actually continue a previous account, and am now at 62.

maybe i'll make it

maybe

If you don't enjoy being 60 you probably won't enjoy being 80. However, that being said, there are a bunch of really fun talents etc that you start getting at 60 and above. Getting Titan's Grip for example although not as cool as it once was, is still a big moment of "omg awesome" , and getting Divine Storm on a ret paly is a pretty exciting day.

Plus once you hit Outlands your (presumably) bad gear will be almost completely replaced in the first 20 quests, and quests get easier and can be done faster. The days of "Gather me these four things; here is a seperate fucking sheet you get to hold in your inventory to read what I need, ps 2 items are in instances and the other two on seperate continents all for 5k fucking EXP" are over which is nice.

Once you hit WOTLK you'll have so many item choices while questing that it's literally laughable. Nearly every quest rewards some type of armor or weapon, (which actually makes you learn more about the game as you figure out which stats you want versus say the 2-3 that were only available to you before) and (at least on my servers) ganking is a pretty rare occurance. There will invariably be some dickhead DK killing everything at Thrallmar/Honor Hold, but otherwise it should be fine.

Again though, if it feels like a drag now, 70-80 will feel like ridiculous torture. Just remember you only need 68 to get quests in Northrend.

I've never made it past level 60. I've tried playing this game 3 times now, and every time I always get tired of it at or around 60.

two friends of mine have that exact same positive reaction to the game.

*edit*

gettinga little higher then 62 gives you excess lots of new trained skills thats always fun (cloak of shadows). while also reaching better talents at the bottom of trees

60-80 is a much smoother experience than 1-60 imo.

This is very true, mainly because when TBC hit Blizzard finally got some the whole quest hub plan into action. Outland and Northrend there are concise hubs where you can pick up a bunch fo quests, do them, return, and once you are finished there is another hub for you. You don't have to spend time running around an entire zone trying to get two or three quests done that seem generally unrelated.

Two level 80's, the DK epiced out with top notch Ulduar gear... and quit. I realized I was wasting my life away on pixels and numbers.

Socketed Outlands gear is either for green vendor gems or by-products for jewelcrafting you can't sell. Seems silly the old TBC epic gems are inferior to even the northrend green gems.

BC Sockets are the best for leveling. My DK rocked a few Hellfire pieces until the mid 70s because the WOTLK gems were so cheap and overpowering. That's my favourite part now of leveling post-wotlk, the amazing upgrades you can make with crafted items on older parts.

Also, the fact that blizzard pretty much gave everyone some form of AOE really helps too.

60-80 is a much smoother experience than 1-60 imo.
Two level 80's, the DK epiced out with top notch Ulduar gear... and quit. I realized I was wasting my life away on pixels and numbers.
Oh, shut the fuck up.

I hate when people get all emo and depressed when they quit and feel the need to attack the game for being the reason their life sucks. You got burnt out, get over it. It's not the game's fault you play too much.

Last edited:

I'm sorry to sound elitist, but I don't really believe you.

"Top notch Ulduar gears" are from the hardmodes and there are only so many guilds downing those. There is a huge difference between decent Ulduar gear vs "top notch" gear.

I wish I could be like SonGohan and have a spiritual awakening come along to magically lift me out of this devastating WoW addiction. :(:(:(

Oh, shut the fuck up.

I hate when people get all emo and depressed when they quit and feel the need to attack the game for being the reason their life sucks. You got burnt out, get over it. It's not the game's fault you play too much.

Agreed.

If you play too much, you're doing it wrong in my eyes. There are plenty of really great guilds out there that don't force you to raid 5-6+ nights a week or whatever. Find one, join then, enjoy your time. You're playing for fun after all, right?

Back