[PvP] Two Questions

hello erik, long time, wow the only game you play these days?

Yeah WSG is pretty fun even if I'm in my leveling gear/spec. I seem to do OK in the middle ground of people who aren't twinked but know how to play. I liked the DaoC PvP when it was decent sized groups and not too zerg like.

Yea, arena is all about rock paper scissors, it's not really that balanced, too much extra shit in the game, like engineering BS.

Yeah, except engineering is no longer a factor in arena anymore, and it's really not that r/p/s based anymore. s5 has been a great season, and most people are just bad/dumb/don't even play the game and have no idea what they are talking about. Good post.

World of Warcraft Arena Ranking | SK Gaming

Would like to differ about the game having any balance. It isn't so much skill based but luck based in what the developer overpowers each patch.

That said 3v3 still has RMP still being the standard caveat in winning. The 3.2 resilience change whilst kinda neat has screwed up a lot, gg specs that couldn't do great damage before the change :p

According to that sk100 link, the latest patch looks pretty solid except for priests... which is kinda weird because they're nowhere near as strong as they used to be, and personally, I've run into far less of them compared to s5. Mages are low, but are still a great class. Unfortunately, they only fit into rmp for 3s and rog/mage or priest/mage for 2s. Other than that, balance seems pretty good....

Not arguing because it is only 200 players from 2v2 etc etc.

If it was based on skill, then those with the most skill would continue to do well regardless of 'tweaks' furthermore if it was just on skill representation would not vary wildly with every patch. But it does and it tends to vary to the same degree with one class always dominating due to patches. Simply on whichever class gets given the comparative advantage.

Wow does have some skill, but it isn't reliant on skill. Some of my partners have got to 2500 playing an underpowered class (that they had played over a few years) and then hit 2800 (fresh, not the same team) in a few days playing an overpowered class they had never touched before. Skillful? Yes, but rather illustrative of how skill is not the cap, class overpoweredness is. I suppose if you had equal spec teams then you can argue it is based on skill...

As to caveat, yes I do. Google it if you have that much trouble.

Back