PTR thoughts?

Virtuosity

Veteran XX
Okay.. so the time i do get to mess around on the PTR without it crashing my character getting stuck in a instance unable to move ect ect

The new PVP instance is fun (isle of conquest) besides the fact its AV with vehicles

havent gotten around to trying out the new content yet (Guild is xfering over toons gonna wait till all of us are on there)

JC'ers (me) are screwed (kinda but not really) ,were just gonna be using other sockets that we dont need to use.. The epic gems I've seen and gotten aren't that superior over the Blue ones (still under our JC only gems though) so.. i guess it isnt that bad of a change

from what i heard the gems come from titanium ore? (stupid expensive) not sure

ret pallys are nerfed hard
kitty druids might as well go resto
Locks suck again
DK's are still OP
Mages are still mages

Really havent seen the rest of the classes in action yet

What are you alls thoughts thus far?

locks still suck? why?

They barely changed anything with locks. They slightly nerfed destro pvp damage (and it's probably a pve buff, not sure yet though) and Fel Domination is now on a 3 minute cooldown (which is nice but not huge).

I don't see why locks would be in a significantly different position than they are currently.

i haven't done any testing or anything myself, and i dunno how smart the ppl are who did the math, but ppl on ej forums say that the feral dps nerf is only like 150-200dps. someone in a thread said they had logged onto the ptr and confirmed that the change had nothing to do w/ the scaling of our abilities, only the dmg added on, like i believe it said in the notes.

looking at the nerfs when they first came out, i didn't think they seemed too bad. so why do you say cats may as well go resto?

edit: also, fuck switching specs. I'M GETTIN NEW FORMS, MOTHER FUCKER. BOUT TO ROCK THAT SHIT LIKE A PIMP

Last edited:
I notice a lot of people think the sky is falling even when it's just 200 dps or something. The bosses will still die.

I'm curious to see the resto Shaman changes in PvP...kind of tempted to reactivate my warrior for 3.2 if Sham/Warrior is a little more viable. Not that 2s would get me anywhere :(

Hit 5800 unbuffed on a target dummy with full mage T9 FB/TTW even with the shitty itemization choices they give you for trinkets/rings/Offhand. That was over the course of 5 minutes or so.

ret pallys are nerfed hard
kitty druids might as well go resto
Locks suck again
DK's are still OP

What are you alls thoughts thus far?
The DK part is the only part of that with any truth.

Locks are still going to be just as strong as they are today, affliction however will still have the same issues as shadowpriests with haste-scaling problems since DoTs aren't affected at all by it. That is nothing new, but destro will still be amazing.

Feral druids hardly take any DPS hit at all, going from 7k to 6.8k DPS isn't anything to bitch about.

Ret PVE is an overall buff in DPS. The Crusader Strike changes aren't bad and the seal revamp should be amazing when all is said and done (not to mention free 10 expertise glyph in 3.2). Prot paladins even received some solid buffs, but may end up with lower DPS depending on how the changes to block effect things as the patch is released.

I'm still raiding on a shadowpriest with the worst single-target DPS in the game with my last DPS buff coming with the 3.0 patch in Sunwell, and I'm not even bitching about the patch. I am silently hoping that the new Colisseum raid is full of little shitter adds to boost my self esteem though, mind sear is some hard shit to pull off.

MMO Champion said:
There is an unrelated bug with Ardent Defender that makes Prot paladins more and more survivable as their health approaches zero such that it is literally impossible to kill them... though Chaos Bolt might work.

:lol: Who could have guessed that building part of Guardian Spirit into a passive ability would make you hard to kill?

Back