Jet colored streaks vs jet smoke

june04__062504_002.jpg

a newer shot of the mortar... looks really wussy :(

whats the trail to the right? th eone with the projectile on the end of it headed towards the gunship? :p maybe im just seeing it wrong.

regardless, the gunship bomblet looks wussy =p

The trail immediately to the right of the is a disc, I think. The one farther over may be a mortar.

I agree that the TRAIL looks wussy. The explosion for the mortar needs to have that kind of debris plume, but also needs the big ball of green death we all know and love (loathe, in the case of LD... and unlucky cappers).

it seems as though the trail is curved....i think thats a jetpack trail...but blue?
um...wtfuck is that? maybe disklauncher but why is it curved?

I havent got a problem with the trails the only real problem i had watching the video was the disc explosions, and especially the little puff of smoke after u've mid aired someone i thought that was kinda pathetic.

The disc is being shot at the bomber by the player, the mortar was going for the MA.

The disc trail is not actually curved, thats an optical illusion from the explosion and the fact that he was probably strafing.

Last edited:
Sopo said:
The disc is being shot at the bomber by the player, the mortar was going for the MA.

The disc trail is not actually curved, thats an optical illusion from the explosion and the fact that he was probably strafing.

no, I dont think so

Darkfire said:
I havent got a problem with the trails the only real problem i had watching the video was the disc explosions, and especially the little puff of smoke after u've mid aired someone i thought that was kinda pathetic.
You know, you've said this about 10 times now and I really have no idea what you're talking about because the disk explosion is not a little puff of smoke. There's a big blue explosion, and smoke and debris left over. If you're going to be a critic, try to use facts.

no way man we need an explosion that blocks your whole fov for a good 5 seconds

and we need huge jet puffs that make it impossible to see the capper leaving your base

graphics YEAH!

Thrax Panda said:
You know, you've said this about 10 times now and I really have no idea what you're talking about because the disk explosion is not a little puff of smoke. There's a big blue explosion, and smoke and debris left over. If you're going to be a critic, try to use facts.

you as in me or u as in TW in general cause this is the first time ive said this so stfu.

the current streaks look decent. Maybe more of a gradient effect so that they look less like ribbons dangling from your jet pack(it only seemed like that in certain instances).

but for the most part it's visually pleasing and unobtrusive. I'd say that'd be the perfect combo.

Back