[Official] Game of Thrones Season 2

yep, people i know seem to really like it without having read the books. i think boromir had a lot to do with giving it credibility to people who had no idea wtf it was

And Tyrion being generally cool as fuck

:D

Tyrion_slaps_Joffrey.gif

Tyrion, Ned, and Jamie are all interesting characters. I just think HBO is doing a poor job of explaining what's going on. Did they say at all who the 7 are and why Melisandre burned those statues on the beach? It seems like each scene is about half the length it ought to be.

The 7 are "the new gods" :psyduck: There was a lot more for that scene in the book that I thought was important. The biggest missing part is that Melisandre basically crowns Stannis as the reincarnation of a warrior Jesus Christ who is leading a holy war, but Stannis doesn't really buy into her religion... he's just letting his ugly wife bitch her way into making him listen to her personal palm reader. (iirc)

Tyrion, Ned, and Jamie are all interesting characters. I just think HBO is doing a poor job of explaining what's going on. Did they say at all who the 7 are and why Melisandre burned those statues on the beach? It seems like each scene is about half the length it ought to be.

I think even a retard would have picked up the general gist of that whole scene without having read the books. I doubt they care about the minutiae anyway, it would just bog the whole show down.

I think even a retard would have picked up the general gist of that whole scene without having read the books. I doubt they care about the minutiae anyway, it would just bog the whole show down.

I would prefer a real deal Game of Thrones to the Sparknotes edition :shrug:

You'd definitely be in the minority - that would end up being very boring to the average viewer. Book-to-movie loses quite a bit of superfluous information, and so far the series is doing a fairly good job of making sure the important stuff comes over.

Back