[MLB] 2018 Regular Season

HelenKeller

Blind BitchXV
A little early, but no point in an offseason/spring training thread, no?

Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic reports that the Cubs and Yu Darvish have come to an agreement on a six-year, $126 million contract.

The deal is pending a physical and could run as high as $150 million with incentives. Finally, into the second week of February, there's a resolution to the top remaining name on the free agent market, which will hopefully allow for the other dominoes to fall into place, Darvish joins a stacked rotation that already boasts Jon Lester, Jose Quintana, Kyle Hendricks and Tyler Chatwood.

yuuuuu

i don't mind dodgers paying for pitchers over 30 on deals longer than 6 years

Yeah this has disaster written all over it

Id have just not signed anyone im not a fan of arrieta or darvish for that money

Especially not arrieta whoever signs him is screwed

that darvish deal is ridiculous, theres no way hes worth that

that being said i hope he bails his brother out of jail now bc hes fun as fuck to drink w

J. D. Martinez is going to get paid... but as someone who's actually watched him play for the last 3-4 years, this dude is the real deal. He's writing in his notebook after every at bat compiling pitch sequences. His years with Cabrera honed his swing and now he's just fucking mashing the ball.

One of the most impressive prophetic fangraph posts says it all about his resurgence. Posted back in 2013 before Houston released JD, but right after he flattened out his swing - Rule 5 Dark Horse: J.D. Martinez | FanGraphs Baseball

I hated seeing him leave the tigers, this dude just hits clutch as fuck doubles and Homeruns, alot of them 7th inning and later.

Yu pitching in the friendly confines seems like a bad idea, hope he gets his shit together though as he is fun to watch when he is on.

I got to watch Baseball today. It was great. My tigers are probably not going to be very good, but there is enough intrigue with the kids, cast offs and potential bounce back players that they'll be worth watching... hopefully.

Looks like Sale doesn't have to worry about JD anymore.

Terrible news for the Giants, who are already going to be without Jeff Samardzija (pec) for some length of time to begin the season: Madison Bumgarner broke the pinky on his pitching hand. He’ll get surgery, and it won’t end his season, but he could be out upwards of two months. It’s the second straight season in which the Giants will lose a big chunk of time from their ace thanks to a fluke injury. For a club that was pretty clearly (consider the trades for Andrew McCutchen and Evan Longoria) looking to quickly turnaround and compete this year, the Giants are already in trouble.

Hk

Wow that totally wreck the andrew mcutchen trade which i was hopeful about even im a cubs fan

Sad

I really wanted to see him shred this year in a comeback tour

kc, do u like the cubs over the dodgers for nl pennant this year?

Its close and baseball it always seems like some darkhorse team comes out of nowhere in baseball. Last year the dbacks.

Dodgers bullpen is just way better though imho.

Cubs might have a better rotation as far as depth, but lack kershaw style playoff ace & bullpen of dodgers helps them. Yu has been shit in playoffs but its a small sample.

Also Schwarber finally needs to come around. This is his final chance to get his shit together on the experiment.

Back