Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot Sauce Thread
Page 9 of 24
HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
161 - 05-19-2017, 21:16
I have been enjoying a constant ass-kicking from Trader Joe's Habanero Hot Sauce. It starts off as a mild emergency, then quickly gets hotter. I find that after the second or third bite the heat wears off and you can enjoy the flavor of the peppers rather than more helpings of fire. The heat starts at the way back, then works its way forward.

You only need a few drops for the full effect. Its not a murderous hot sauce, but its hot. Clears my sinuses every time.

Last edited by HumDumpin; 05-19-2017 at 21:19..
Sponsored Links
Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
162 - 05-19-2017, 22:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashimi View Post
I've been abusing Frank's RedHot for way too long now and I need to change it up..

What is your go-to hot sauce?

Please put the hotness on 1-10 scale with 1 being mild as **** and 10 being **** this noise.

That is all
Hi, MC. This is a great ****ing topic.

El Yucateco original green is on the top of my list. It's a unique, habanero-based sauce reaches a 4/10 hotness but it's not over-the-top. It's a thick, bright green sauce that really pops yet at the same time aqueous and pourable. It's not vinegary or thin (watery) at all. You won't have to worry about splashing it anywhere. It's incredibly tasty and works great on tacos, veggies, mashed potatoes, eggs, soups, stews and anything that needs a little flavor + kick.

I keep at least 3 unopened bottles in the pantry at all times.

Give it a try, if you haven't already and cheers.

Austforbeer
VeteranXX
Old
163 - 05-19-2017, 23:13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DealyRrunk View Post
I have been enjoying a constant ass-kicking from Trader Joe's Habanero Hot Sauce. It starts off as a mild emergency, then quickly gets hotter. I find that after the second or third bite the heat wears off and you can enjoy the flavor of the peppers rather than more helpings of fire. The heat starts at the way back, then works its way forward.

You only need a few drops for the full effect. Its not a murderous hot sauce, but its hot. Clears my sinuses every time.
I actually love this stuff. i grew habaneros a few years ago and loved them. But I get this sauce every couple of months, goes great with the bland food my wife likes to make sometimes. I don't even like how hot it is, I enjoy the flavor.

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
164 - 05-20-2017, 07:49
I completely forgot about Pepper Palace. Since I live in KY, that's not too far from me at all. Going to check that place out sometime soon and try out a bunch of different sauces. Will report back with the ones I end up purchasing.

Oh hai Infernus. I love me some El Yucateco. When I first started exploring sauces this one was always on the table at the Mexican restaurant right next to Tapatio sauce. Now I always have a bottle of each on deck at home. Definitely one of my favs.

Adding Trader Joe's Habanero to my shopping list for the next batch.

I'm looking at some sauces from Bravado Spice as well.

The Hot Ones sauce has got me loving some sweet spice so I'm interested in these a lot. Probably will order the Trader Joe's Habanero, and those two from Bravado next to try out.

Thanks for the recommendations

Paladin-5
VeteranXX
Old
165 - 05-20-2017, 14:22
totally curious what the ghost pepper blueberry tastes like
blueberry as a hot pepper add on sounds fascinating, though i think ghost pepper is out of my heat ability

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
166 - 05-20-2017, 15:26
if you missed it, Louisiana hot sauce is sweet with a tiny kick
like tapatio with yum ****ing flavor
i like it highly, i think chilouloua lime is a 10/10 flavor

Falhawk
VeteranXX
Old
167 - 05-20-2017, 17:16
I like making it. There's a good mango one I make as well as a few others. Generally it is the base; vinegar, mustard or fruit

Sent from my SM-T357T using Tapatalk

covenant
VeteranXV
Old
168 - 05-20-2017, 17:19
I don't care much for hot sauce. I like to taste my food.

lemon
Sour++
Contributor
Old
169 - 05-20-2017, 17:21

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
170 - 05-21-2017, 15:48
Quote:

Great recommendation. I went there, bought 2 bottles of the hot stuff, 2 bottles of red, and one green. All good flavors. The sauce pictured is hot but won't burn your mouth off.

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
171 - 06-12-2017, 17:45
This will be my last update for a while since I have way too many ****ing sauces now.

Pictured here is my last pickup:

Bravado Pineapple and Habanero: Very sweet of course, with some kick. More mild than Hot Ones imo.

Scotch Bonnet: My least favorite sauce out of the bunch. Has a kick to it, but the taste of it just wasn't working for me.

Tiger Sauce: Bought a 5pk of this on accident on Amazon. I must say, it's pretty good on about anything. Not particularly hot, but has its place on many meals if you want to add a little kick.

Ghost Pepper & Blueberry: This is my new favorite sauce, taking over Hot Ones. I have cravings for this. The amount of sweetness from the Blueberries and the amount of hot from the ghost peppers is matched perfectly. Love this sauce.

Trader Joe's Habanero: Loved this one as well. It is now my favorite habanero sauce out of the mix.

I highly recommend the Bravado Ghost Pepper & Blueberry out of all the sauces I've tried. It is super tasty on wings. Warning: will turn everything it touches blue.

Data
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
172 - 06-12-2017, 18:20
Found this a couple years ago. It's not really hot, it's just ****ing delicious.

I don't think I ever gave a **** about Scoville units.

NoGodForMe
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
173 - 06-12-2017, 19:46
Stopped by Trader Joe's and picked up another Habanero and Green Sauce bottle.

[MD5]Hash
VeteranXV
Old
174 - 06-12-2017, 20:01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Data View Post
I don't think I ever gave a **** about Scoville units.
In the realm of the measurement of things, "Scoville Units" ranks just ahead of "Dragonball Z Power Level" and just behind "Stones"; amongst the most perplexity useless units of measurement.

Goshin
GriftKingXX
Old
175 - 06-12-2017, 20:32

yummiieeeee

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
176 - 06-12-2017, 21:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sashimi View Post
This will be my last update for a while since I have way too many ****ing sauces now.

Pictured here is my last pickup:

Bravado Pineapple and Habanero: Very sweet of course, with some kick. More mild than Hot Ones imo.

Scotch Bonnet: My least favorite sauce out of the bunch. Has a kick to it, but the taste of it just wasn't working for me.

Tiger Sauce: Bought a 5pk of this on accident on Amazon. I must say, it's pretty good on about anything. Not particularly hot, but has its place on many meals if you want to add a little kick.

Ghost Pepper & Blueberry: This is my new favorite sauce, taking over Hot Ones. I have cravings for this. The amount of sweetness from the Blueberries and the amount of hot from the ghost peppers is matched perfectly. Love this sauce.

Trader Joe's Habanero: Loved this one as well. It is now my favorite habanero sauce out of the mix.

I highly recommend the Bravado Ghost Pepper & Blueberry out of all the sauces I've tried. It is super tasty on wings. Warning: will turn everything it touches blue.
The blueberry and pineapple just doesn't compute with me. I cannot stand the sweet. However, the next time I go to town, I'm going to pickup some of that Trader Joe's habanero sauce since it's a recurring recommendation. That looks tasty as ****.

Last edited by Infernus; 06-12-2017 at 21:14..
Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
177 - 06-12-2017, 21:13
Do any of you have a serrano-based sauce you'd recommend? I prefer the flavor of serrano over jalapeno by far.

HumDumpin
ReeeingRainbowXV
Old
178 - 06-12-2017, 21:25
Since so many of you have tried that Trader Joes Habanero sauce, what would you rank it on a 1-10 scale for hotness (10 being hottest)?

Personally I'd put it at a solid 8

Infernus
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
179 - 06-12-2017, 22:01
I guess my scale is different. Most habanero would be in the 3-4 range. 8 would be fresh ghost pepper. 9-10 you're in the hospital with pulmonary distress and a new found relationship with ******* soothing cream.

sashimi
VeteranXV
Old
180 - 06-12-2017, 22:31
Quote:
Since so many of you have tried that Trader Joes Habanero sauce, what would you rank it on a 1-10 scale for hotness (10 being hottest)?

Personally I'd put it at a solid 8
Trader Joe's pleasantly threw me way off guard with the level of hotness. It's hard to put a lot of these sauces on a scale due to everyone's preferences though. In comparison to the other habanero sauces I've got, I'd put it at a solid 7 out of 10 on pure hotness with 10 being the hottest sauce I've got.

Page 9 of 24

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar Community > General Discussion
Reload this Page Hot Sauce Thread

Social Website Bullshit