awesome fix for plugins windows 8

i'm using windows 10 and i applied this registry fix but my plugins still aren't loading. i have the plugins in the plugins folder and a rasadhlp.dll in the base tribes folder. i also just tried restarting. are there other things i can check?

its possible that something else has changed in the win10 anniversary update thats preventing .dll hijacks

i'll do it today and see if i have the same prob

but yeah, otherwise i'm not sure - you could go back to the pluginfixed .exe, altho it loads plugins earlier i adjusted all my .dlls to hook later and emjays use a delay to load so they should all still work fine

i suppose you could also double check in the registry that the setting is applying correctly - all it should have to do is remove the path to rasadhlp.dll, that should make windows look in the CWD first.

i guess you could also search the entire registry for 'rasadhlp.dll' to see if that path is being set somewhere else in your reg

beyond that you may have something that set CWDIllegalInDllSearch to always ignore CWD .dlls (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2264107)

or its possible that it may need a different reg fix in 32bit too, or that some kind of security software is preventing the .dll hijack?

last thing would be to use process explorer or a similar util to see where it's loading .dlls from (or if its loading them at all) but that'll just confirm the problem, not really lead to a solution

hrm, so after taking like 2+ hours to do the win10 1607 update, it did break the pluginfix reg as usual... among other things because hey lets reinstall windows for every update and remove/reset all your registry keys

but after re-applying the .reg i was back to OK so i doubt it's a general problem, im guessing something on your end thats preventing the hijack for whatever reason

anyways ya probably just easier to use the .exe fix than troubleshoot why it isn't working :(

someone still has it hosted here (i think landofoz is dajackals site?)
Tribes_141_win8_pluginfix.zip

:heart:

still doesn't work even with that exe. using process explorer i can see that its using the local rasadhlp.dll, but no other dlls after that

maybe ur using the old rasadhlp pluginloader that needed the +p shortcut stuff?

i dont think i have an individual download of the autopluginloader but its in almost all my configs, try T140Basic.zip and see if it works in that config, it should echoc in green when it loads itself and then nogreenlines

Back