Vengeance Vengeance

I'd boycott all VUG games, if the patch would have come out i would have played, if there is a way to bring the game into our hands for us to mold it, even as freeware, id be down and do whatever i could to help that happen.

Total said:
Almost all of the newcomers to these forums were run off by the relentless smacktalk within days of them coming here

ironic...

and gets at another point: credibility.

tribes fans have one of the very worse reputations in gaming. even PC Gamer editorials made fun of us (they dont exactly tend to make fun of their customers, but made an exception with us).

and we apparently dont have much buying power. so in terms of direct threat and in terms of leverage, i think some pragmatism is required.

and besides, i still find it ironic that we are pointing fingers at VUG in some abstract sense, ignoring the role and responsibility of the small # of VUG people who brought TV to the shelves...

I'm here... I'm listening. What I want is tribes with sking like t1. not sliding... jump sking.

What I really want are new maps for t1 and peps to try this shit again with all new textures... cause t1 was perfect... easy on the comp and net... and perfect for competition way into the future. Just play.

What I would love to see is Tribes IP and T1 source be released to GG. They have the resources, experience and drive to give us what we want.

SeVeReD said:
I'm here... I'm listening. What I want is tribes with sking liking t1 is what i want. not sliding... jump sking.

What I really want are new maps for t1 and peps to try this shit again with all new textures... cause t1 was perfect... easy on the comp and net... and perfect for competition way into the future. Just play.

I would gladly take T1 skiing and Netcode, but I honestly think T2C was superior in those two areas, not to mention:

User Interface
Invs
Vehicles
Graphics (yeah I know, duh)
Artistic Direction
Weapons
.. . ..

But T1 had a lot of little things I can't think of and :

Terrain (no dead spots)
Blast Shadows

SeVeReD said:
I'm here... I'm listening. What I want is tribes with sking liking t1 is what i want. not sliding... jump sking..

Exactly. I hated that about TV. They completely misintepreted what skiing meant in Tribes. Tribes skiing wasnt literally like snow skiing. Thats why you dont feel like you have the same control, the secret is in the bounce and jump.

Now what was I said about getting developers that actually play Tribes (KP what were you thinking?)

pocketgamer said:
I would gladly take T1 skiing and Netcode, but I honestly think T2C was superior in those two areas, not to mention:

Whether T1 or T2, skiing in both came down to jumping not literally snow skiing down a hill with no carving or directional control as in TV.

Nice speech and all but it sounds like you don't read here much if you don't know what we want. The topic of master server replacements has been discussed at length as well. And if you think fucking with VUG is going to prompt them into action to the benefit of T:V, you're out of your mind.

What exactly was the point of this thread? Do you know something we don't know? Like how to save T:V? Well tell us please cuz I'd sure love to hear it.

BTW please try not to take offense at my tone of voice, I talk to pretty much everyone like this.

Weas- The strat is really simple:

First you have to queue up 2 collectors on the carrier and MS apiece. Then double fighter facility and queue up 5 interceptors apiece.

Next is a research facility on the mother ship, a frigate facility on the carrier and imp bombs on your torps; have faith in the collectors investment.

Throw your carrier into the melee, baby. With advanced research, capitol ship on the mother, ride your flak-torp-ion clusters to glory while a pair of destroyers guards the arrival of the big bad boy.

Easy, peasy, japanesee. Weas in 2.

Back