[MAP PACK] Released At Last

ok, hopefully to pick up where that left off...

spawning in light gives defense a better chance of evening things out. again, if team B has completely assfucked team A, then team A should still have a chance of evening things out in terms of getting their base back up or d'ing the flag. this is where the light vs medium comes in again. i feel that a light will have A) an easier time chasing since they're lighter, more mobile/agile, and therefore can fly farther and faster than a medium, B) have a better chance of defending the base because of the same above reasons (mobility/speed/agility), and C) it allows for those desperation defensive grabs much easier than medium. and here again, i restate, that if team b has done a pretty good job of continually trashing team a's base, why in the world would they be letting up grabs and caps from a spawn player... and this is not just a team ignoring its base to go after the flag. this is team A (the ones whose base is trashed right now) having a fighting chance to get after the opposition's capper in a much quicker manner than you would in a heavier armor (not heavy, but medium)... which is giving the defense more of a boost here. this is NOT team A, whose base is trashed, leaving the base trashed for the xx minutes of the map remaining after their invos/gens first get trashed, just to spawn cap all over the place. a team that has a successful offense should also have a successful defense, primarily because your team has their invos and the other team doesnt. again, if a team that is equipped lets up these spawn egrab caps, then they need to seriously revamp their defense. egrabs, again, are not offensive in nature, they are defensive ways of not giving up a cap while your base is down.

ok, enough of that. i said it earlier, and i'll say it again, give these a shot for a while. get some comp setting experience on them. if it proves to be negative, it'll go back to medium for the TWL or whatever competition pack. and if that's the case, seriously, if anyone does NOT give input, they will not be listened to.

NeoLotus said:
Val, many of the people complaining is NOT complaining against this change in general...
But rather complaining against the fact that the maps are the orgin of the change, not a mod...They arent actually saying its a BAD thing to have light as spawnarmor, and i even think quite a few of the complainers DO acnowledge the change, IF done properly.

I, for one, is glad to give this a try (if i could just find a server with the mappack) but id be even happier if the change were done in a mod instead. Would make it feel more professional aswell.
Sure, I'd be happier if it came out in a mod as well. However, that's never going to happen. We can't even get someone to fix the shield and grapple, let alone anything else.

And btw, that's the way this engine is set up.... the map-maker decides the starting armor. But just like anything else, if you don't like it after you've actually tried it, then don't play it (not directed at you Neo, but in general).

So, your mod will fix gameplay.

As far as newb status.. correction: I am new to people with agendas trying to disguise it at a fix when everyone knows its a mod.

Disclosure. Do you know what that word means?

Thanks.

Bugs in maps happen because of just plain old bad luck, not lack of effort.

But as for armor changes, welcome to modding Geiss. I don't think anyone who has played this game would call if anything else if not for a crack team of PR guys like Val. :lol:

Great maps overall btw.

Now for the real fix. :)

It comes down to this, dipshit. If you and your rag-tag team of newbies don't like it, the get fucking lost. You aren't being FORCED to play it.

p.s. This wonderful engine has it set up to give map makers the choice of choosing which armor to spawn in. So no, it's not a mod.

Kapeket, why don't you give the maps a bit of play before you stubbornly say they are not worth a shit. Competition wise the map pack would contain the only pubbed maps so on servers for competition you would only spawn in light. Not sure why you are so against this, I have no idea about your team or what level of competition they play at. I'm guessing you guys play on TWL, which is fine, but where were you in the past 2 weeks when these maps changes had been put in place.

I don't understand why people get the feeling they don't need to help out with any projects like this, yet when it comes out they can bitch and moan about every detail they find wrong.

call it as you will, like i said, i would like proof and solid gameplay backing to make that change back, rather than just complaints from anyone of any status, member or vet5. and again, all we've had is complaints, no solid proof, no competition experiences on this. prove to me i'm wrong with actions, not words and feelings, and i will fix it... that's all i'm saying.

Validuz said:
Sure, I'd be happier if it came out in a mod as well. However, that's never going to happen. We can't even get someone to fix the shield and grapple, let alone anything else.

And btw, that's the way this engine is set up.... the map-maker decides the starting armor. But just like anything else, if you don't like it after you've actually tried it, then don't play it (not directed at you Neo, but in general).

I see you did see my post...I deletetd it as someone else wrote basically the same thing and posted it seconds before m, hehe.

But in any case, i see your point about the engine. I know ive asked this before but no1 replied.
But IF changing the maps is the only way to change ones spawnarmor (so a mod would still have to contain altered maps) then i am fully with you guys on this. And if not, id rather have seen a small mod adressing the issue to accompany the mappack, for use IF interest exists.

And Geiss, many (most?) in here complain because of the way you implanted the change, not over then fact that there IS a change. You keep defending your argument for having light spawnarmor when most people isnt actually attacking it. Just a thought.

Kapeket, after thinking about it if you guys want to setup a scrim to try out 2 or 3 of the new maps I would be up for it. Just let me know anytime.

Once again, you seem to keep maintaining that its a mappers' choice for spawn armor.

If that is the case, the mapper who expressed displeasure with HIS map being altered.. does he have a say? Yes or no.

I think we know the answer to this.

That being said, why does one mapper and a few others involved in voice comms represent an entire community? It shouldn't in this case. It isn't the case here.

And moreso, lets assume that newer players are what makes a game successful, not players like me or you, who have played all three in this series.

They know you and I are going to buy it and play it. its new players that grow a community, not vets on any level in any game. Ever.

So go ahead and parse the community, don't allow for new players to join said servers because they need this mod, then once they do download it, they are still newbs in a vet server..

What exactly have you accomplished?

Nothing. Just proving you have an agenda and there is no way to paint it differently. Sorry, I am a salesman and I know when I see bullshit.

Homer. I had those up public before anyone else.

They are on our server now.

Scrimming is not a problem whatsoever.

But fact is, these maps were uploaded before anyone else had them hosted yesterday. Don't assume that I wouldn't normally support Geiss and his efforts. But I won't be sold a bum bill of goods in this instance.

I will PM you on scrim. :)

Validuz said:
"Put it in a mod!1", yea because we've seen sooooo many mods coming out that fix gameplay :rofl:
I think a mutator that changes the spawn armor on the server to e.g. light is something that is done quite easily. If i have to use a mutator now to get standard spawn armor with this map pack, it gets a little bit rediculous. I do understand, that you like this change and i respect that, but why you want to force such a change on anyone who wants to use this map pack is so beyond me. It's simple math: Map pack = "compilation of maps", Mutator = "changes in gameplay".
Btw, trying to make other ppl look stupid or trivialize their arguments is not helping in validating your own arguments, even if you seem to think so. It simply makes you look stupid, childish and totally unable to participate in discussions.

As easily as this pack was created it can be changed if that is what it comes down to. Seriously. :| It's amazing to me that ppl so vehemently argue this light spawn situation.

You know what would be good...
When a map is loaded, before you choose team, you get a window up with all the MAPSPECIFIC features like, for instance, what armor you spawn in =)

Damn im good! (sarcasm)

Mr_Unlucky said:
I like spawning in light...so far at least :shrug:

It doesn't matter if the change is good or bad. The problem was with how it is implemented.

What about new maps coming out? What if the mappers don't want light spawns? What if they decide they want HEAVIES to spawn instead?

The fact of the matter is, a gameplay change like this doesn't belong in a set of maps. It belongs in a mutator that is server based for ALL maps.

It's not about the change, it's about the implementation. Take it out and add it to CompMOD.

Forums are for arguing points.

I don't hate Geiss, Val, anyone. I am as concerned about what should be the best game ever made not fulfilling its potential because of lousy sales.

This doesn't help in any form or fashion accomplish what everyone on these forums assumed would happen.. the rebirth of the greatest game series ever created.

Map pack = "compilation of maps", Mutator = "changes in gameplay".

Well said. :D

KillerONE said:
It doesn't matter if the change is good or bad. The problem was with how it is implemented.

What about new maps coming out? What if the mappers don't want light spawns? What if they decide they want HEAVIES to spawn instead?

The fact of the matter is, a gameplay change like this doesn't belong in a set of maps. It belongs in a mutator that is server based for ALL maps.

It's not about the change, it's about the implementation. Take it out and add it to CompMOD.

Lets leave it alone for now and test maps. Maybe an armor mute will surface that will allow purists to have all medium spawn and others light. It can wait a few days. Bugs need finding in any case.

Back