[T:V] Post pics of the maps you are working on...

1. I think classic maps should keep their look. There will be tons of new maps (hopefully)
2. You can import a height terrain as an 8bit grayscale .bmp and then right click on it in the texture browser and convert to g16 heightmap
3. You have to adjust the verticles (corners) and move them down/up to make slopes. Make sure snap to grid is on.
4. DX is a cluster map, and already the bases are slightly farther away. But the new skiing is so much faster/farther I think it will stay a cluster map.

Santa said:
1. I think classic maps should keep their look. There will be tons of new maps (hopefully)
2. You can import a height terrain as an 8bit grayscale .bmp and then right click on it in the texture browser and convert to g16 heightmap
3. You have to adjust the verticles (corners) and move them down/up to make slopes. Make sure snap to grid is on.
4. DX is a cluster map, and already the bases are slightly farther away. But the new skiing is so much faster/farther I think it will stay a cluster map.

How about a mapping tutorial? What did you use to learn to map with TribesEd? Thanks!

Santa ,

Concerning keeping the classic maps classic - but also adding in new flavor - Id assume you could simply Color the Old DX bases to be say Red/BLack & Blue/Black rather than leaving drab gray correct? and still leave the structure itself alone. It seems odd but that way we could add style without editing the gameplay at all.

If not no biggie- but since i might try my hand at this (and would probably do my 1st map as a port/remake) i figured I would ask.

Mindflayr said:
Santa ,

Concerning keeping the classic maps classic - but also adding in new flavor - Id assume you could simply Color the Old DX bases to be say Red/BLack & Blue/Black rather than leaving drab gray correct? and still leave the structure itself alone. It seems odd but that way we could add style without editing the gameplay at all.

If not no biggie- but since i might try my hand at this (and would probably do my 1st map as a port/remake) i figured I would ask.

Yes please, we need more color. And don't leave the bases so plain either. Add some pipes to the ceiling inside and other little details like that. Stuff that doesn't change gameplay, but takes advantage of the engine and makes it look nicer :D

guess.jpg

insane... that's starting to remind me too much of that indoor map released with classic. hmm.

or are you just making the indoors of one of the bases? a bigger base feel would be nice... i'll admit i have a helluva fun time playing T:V right now, but I can't play it for hours on end because it's such a sensory-speed overload. the larger maps and larger bases left the game calm enough for me to play it non-stop...

I decided to stop waiting for ppl to release maps and start mine. TribesEd is a bit different from UnrealEd though. I am used to creating a brush and setting zoneinfo for terrain. Options are different now though. Wheres the tutorial?

Back