[T2] Vengeance mod

Yeah, I guess you're right. This mod is no indication of how T:V will play. It's nothing compared to T:V.

Try T1 Vengeance mod. It's very fun and addictive. If T:V plays anything like it, it will be an outstanding game.

Turns out that secrax actually IS a random troll who joined the forums only to make derogatory comments about everything.

Amadeu5 said:
Turns out that secrax actually IS a random troll who joined the forums only to make derogatory comments about everything.
Not Everything..
secrax said:
Try T1 Vengeance mod. It's very fun and addictive. If T:V plays anything like it, it will be an outstanding game.
<3

Plasticmatic, you work for irrational right? Can you get me into closed beta? :) Thanks.

Me awaits new Grappler. Meantime the buckler is quite a bit better then original now and the rocket pod is better but still a little odd (better then before however).

Working on it. Actually it's pretty good as it is now. Once I get rid of a bug that makes you go faster than what the server can handle when reeling in I'll release. Even more so because I'll be in Romania for the whole next week (darn school trips).

Thats good to hear.

Romania is an odd place to go o_O

I would say have fun but I somehow doubt Romania would be any. But heres to hoping so :cheers:

Amadeu5 said:
Working on it. Actually it's pretty good as it is now. Once I get rid of a bug that makes you go faster than what the server can handle when reeling in I'll release. Even more so because I'll be in Romania for the whole next week (darn school trips).

I knew you were leaving which is why I was asking about the week of the 14th. The week of the 7th will be the week of something other than the hook. :)

ZOD said:
Thats good to hear.

I would say have fun but I somehow doubt Romania would be any. But heres to hoping so :cheers:

If you noticed his time references in his posts, it's clear he isnt going too far. (I suspect that might explain is nick as well - Austria/Germany maybe? Or Prague, he loved Prague)

From what I have heard Bulgaria is a great place to go and I'm certain Rumania is a very different place now without Nicholai and with the help of the EU.

ZOD said:
Thats good to hear.

Wish me luck instead, romanians don't like us hungarians very much... Thankfully we're going to spend most of the week in Transylvania, which is home to a lot of hungarians, and a 40 person bus is awfully hard to push down from the highway. :D

btw the buggy line seems to be this one:

Code:
$RopeLength[%obj] = $RopeLength[%obj] - $TractorPower;

%obj being the array index is how it distinguishes between players... I'm thinking that it isn't the same in the reelIn function than the grappleObject function. Is that possible?

You were only using $RopeLength[%obj] = $RopeLength[%obj] - $TractorPower; in the reelin function, so it would be different. You would probably be better off doing %obj.ropelength; though. Because it is automatically cleaned up when the player dies. The way you have it now, the possability exists that when the player dies, that %obj ID is used on something else which could get messy.

Amadeu5 said:
Wish me luck instead, romanians don't like us hungarians very much... Thankfully we're going to spend most of the week in Transylvania, which is home to a lot of hungarians, and a 40 person bus is awfully hard to push down from the highway. :D

btw the buggy line seems to be this one:

Code:
$RopeLength[%obj] = $RopeLength[%obj] - $TractorPower;

%obj being the array index is how it distinguishes between players... I'm thinking that it isn't the same in the reelIn function than the grappleObject function. Is that possible?

I work with a Hungarian from Kelebia who is married to a woman from Transylvania. (Software product developement/design). There is a 'domino' territory effect in that area. Lots of border adjustments after the second world war that people still arent happy with.

As to that equation, are you checking for zero crossing? That could go negative. I would do something like this

$RopeLength[%obj] = $RopeLength[%obj] - ($RopeLength[%obj] * reelscaler)/$TractorPower;

This way, as the rope gets short, it will slow (with a scaling value to adjust the effect).

I would like to see an unattatched fire do an initial attatchment. An attatched fire reel in. An attatched release of fire reel out (or 'clutch') and an additional key release (perhaps a weapon switch would be ok).

ZOD would have to add an additional keybind (perhaps if weapon switch isnt used) to the client for that I think.

But try the inverse scaled approach. (Remember the reelscaler can be fractional).

Tried replacing [%obj] with %obj. everywhere, still the same.

I'm fairly unexperienced in this kind of scripting... could you explain how all these %obj. type variables are being handled?

JimBodkins said:
I work with a Hungarian from Kelebia who is married to a woman from Transylvania. (Software product developement/design). There is a 'domino' territory effect in that area. Lots of border adjustments after the second world war that people still arent happy with.

As to that equation, are you checking for zero crossing? That could go negative. I would do something like this

$RopeLength[%obj] = $RopeLength[%obj] - ($RopeLength[%obj] * reelscaler)/$TractorPower;

This way, as the rope gets short, it will slow (with a scaling value to adjust the effect).

I would like to see an unattatched fire do an initial attatchment. An attatched fire reel in. An attatched release of fire reel out (or 'clutch') and an additional key release (perhaps a weapon switch would be ok).

ZOD would have to add an additional keybind (perhaps if weapon switch isnt used) to the client for that I think.

But try the inverse scaled approach. (Remember the reelscaler can be fractional).
Hungarians are all over the world. And the border issues were starting after world war one, when the romanian and french military occupied the whole eastern part of Hungary. Romanians are determined to get rid of anything hungarian for some reason.

I might try that reelscaler thing once I get the substraction to work. Probably not today though, it's 10 pm and I have to get up at around 5 am tomorrow.

Amadeu5 said:
Hungarians are all over the world. And the border issues were starting after world war one, when the romanian and french military occupied the whole eastern part of Hungary. Romanians are determined to get rid of anything hungarian for some reason.

I might try that reelscaler thing once I get the substraction to work. Probably not today though, it's 10 pm and I have to get up at around 5 am tomorrow.

Zoltan is in Southern California.

I may be wrong here, but from GrapplingHook.cs

function GrapplingHookImage::eek:nFire(%data, %obj, %slot)
{
//error("GrapplingHookImage::eek:nFire(" SPC %data.getName() SPC %obj.client.nameBase SPC %slot SPC ")");
%p = Parent::eek:nFire(%data, %obj, %slot);
if(isObject(%p))
{
%obj.grapplePos = %p.getTargetPoint();

I believe the line %obj.grapplePos = %p.getTargetPoint(); creates an object specific instance of a variable grapplePos. ZOD help me here, isnt that instance specific and cleaned up on destruction? (I am making several assumptions which may not be correct).

Back