Mai new WTFPWNmobile, let me shows you it. by Brontez - Page 2 - TribalWar Forums
Click Here to find great hosting deals from Branzone.com

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page Mai new WTFPWNmobile, let me shows you it.
Page 2 of 2
Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
21 - 03-24-2009, 20:01
Instead of being a bunch of *****ing angsty fagmos, POST A GODDAMN FIT if you have a better idea.

Hang your own ass out there for a laugh for once, let's see how you guys would fit it.

Jebus Christmas I don't know why I ****ing bother talking to you ****s about ship fittings anymore.

Sponsored Links
KlauZ
VeteranX
Old
22 - 03-24-2009, 21:09
I'm sorry, Brontez, but there's no fitting that can save how terrible a Widow is. It may seem a bit harsh but atleast the Redeemer is a good cloaking sniper BS (on top of the jumping capabilities that all BOs have) - the Widow has no redeeming (CWIDT) qualities. It has a terrible tank if you ECM it up and it will never be as good an ECM platform as the Falcon is.

I mean, come on - CCP mentions ECM nerfs and they don't even say how it will affect the Widow. They don't even mention the damn ship when they mention the current ECM boats. They've pretty much abandoned it.

Your best bet on flying it is as a glorified cloaked Raven and even then it doesn't do the cloaky-sniper role as well as a Cerberus for the most part.
Maybe post-ECM-nerf it will be slightly useful with a few SDAs to beef the range up, but even then - you're not gonna get more than ~50k optimal out of it with 2 SDA IIs, that is terrible for any ranged cloak gang work where you want the bulk of your DPS to be cloaked 90k+ (or 150k+ for Cerbs, ****ing overpowered sniper HAC boat) away.

Dilemma: You need close range for the ECM to be of any use. If you're close range you want to tank it but if you're using ECM your tank will be absolutely horrendous. At long range you're nothing more than a glorified Raven.
The ship is trying to be too many things at the same time.

Brontez
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
23 - 03-24-2009, 21:30

Last edited by Brontez; 04-08-2009 at 00:03..
-=TTC=-Serpreme
VeteranXV
Old
24 - 03-24-2009, 22:02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontez View Post
So then I'll abandon the ECM, tank it best as possible and add BCU's for cruise dps, and plan to basically use it as a mini-titan for recon/stealth bomber fleets. If there's a tanked BC scrammed by the fleet, I'll engage at a safe distance, if we engage enough ships that I don't feel safe I'll simply stay cloaked. The real strength for the ship is support/mobile bridge, I can't really see any reason to use it for more than that, the ability to launch cruise missles is just a bonus.
your best bet is to burn eden it.

Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
25 - 03-25-2009, 03:56
/me contributes

Scrapheap Challenge :: View topic - Widow

Mogs
VeteranXX
Old
26 - 03-26-2009, 01:28
good news brugan! they might make black ops suck less!

in the ECM post the dev said they would make a seperate post about black ops/the widow which leads me to believe they'll be announcing some changes and since they can't be anymore useless than they are now, its probably to make them better. Of course I can't find the post anymore because the DEV ninja edited or something.

but for now, the widow is still ****

Page 2 of 2

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > The Archives > Eve Online
Reload this Page Mai new WTFPWNmobile, let me shows you it.

Social Website Bullshit