[Photography] Show and Tell Spring 2011 Edition

Some birds from a while back.

_DSC8719.JPG

_DSC8742-2.jpg

_DSC8746-2.jpg

Some birds from a while back.

what lens are you using for those bird shots?

i'm trying to figure out what to get for telephoto nature/bird. i'm thinking it will probably end up being around $1000 for the lens unfortunately- still not exactly sure what to get, dont want to spend more than that although i know it would help.

I was thinking either the sigma 150-500 (usually $1050 or so) or the canon 300mm f4 L+ a teleconverter. (lens is usually $1100 + ~$200 for a teleconverter)

I use the Nikon 70-300 VR (and crop a lot). If I was serious about wildlife photography and on a budget I'd probably go for a 300 f4 with a 1.4tc. That being said, I'm not serious about wildlife and have no idea how good the Sigma is. The one thing I've heard is that longer is always better. :brows:

Last edited:
Don't want to clog up the thread with a bunch of un-finished images, but i took a bunch of pictures of the Seoul Int'l Auto Show.

they're straight off the camera (only been resized cuz they're annoyingly large to upload), and i've been super busy with studying for exams to get around to developing them.

it was also kind of annoying switching between my 24mm and my 80-200, so the bulk of them are just model shots, and the couple car shots are a bit far away and will be re-cropped so that they're a bit better.

all are manual exposure/WB/focus :chill:

link to the album
ImageShack Album - 17 images

Your foreground seems a little soft, Cosmic.

In other news, I blasted out a 94% total on my practical darkroom class. One of my prints scoring a perfect grade. I am drinking the beer of celebration.

In May I'm starting Advanced B&W Photography. Gogo zone system!

Nice work Elvis!

I fucked up the focus a bit for the foreground and I didn't set a narrow enough of an f-stop. I was hungover when I took it so I forgive myself haha

no, look at the other pics. its just artsy showing how the woman is less important in her culture, thus forced into darkness and despair. see the second one where she's laying on the ground while the man towers over her?

yeah, but I don't really see the dark line you're talking about

there's a twig or some grass in the mouth of the third one that's streaming behind him, is that it?

Back