here ya go

ya i fall asleep way faster its some odd thing where the blue hues keep you awake cause ur brain thinks its daytime

I started using it after I started getting these bad headaches from looking at the bright, white light from my monitor, and now I simply don't get them. And just as Groove stated, I also also fall asleep much faster!

i used this on and off but now i have it because even if i uninstall it the effects linger on certain programs (regardless of time). apparently it's common for apps to "absorb" the flux setting and it can't be undone. the website has a solution to fix it but it didn't work for me... so now i have flux running all the time set to daylight mode all the time just to use my computer normally.

ya i fall asleep way faster its some odd thing where the blue hues keep you awake cause ur brain thinks its daytime

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melatonin

In animals, melatonin is involved in the entrainment (synchronization) of the circadian rhythms of physiological functions including sleep timing, blood pressure regulation, seasonal reproduction and many others.

It is principally blue light, around 460 to 480 nm, that suppresses melatonin,[24] proportional to the light intensity and length of exposure. Until recent history, humans in temperate climates were exposed to few hours of (blue) daylight in the winter; their fires gave predominantly yellow light. The incandescent light bulb widely used in the twentieth century produced relatively little blue light.[25] Kayumov et al. showed that light containing only wavelengths greater than 530 nm does not suppress melatonin in bright-light conditions.[26] Wearing glasses that block blue light in the hours before bedtime may decrease melatonin loss. Use of blue-blocking goggles the last hours before bedtime has also been advised for people who need to adjust to an earlier bedtime, as melatonin promotes sleepiness.[27]
Fucking hormones, how do they work?

yeah i took melatonin pills for a while

hormones or not, its pretty logical that blue light (like the sky) wakes us up and reds (like sunset/fire light) make us sleepy

i dont really sleep normally anyways (4-6 hours usually, anything longer and i feel like shit) and before using f.lux it used to take me at least an hour of lying in bed before i passed out, now its like 10 minutes tops

also i dont sleep under anything (i hate blankets/sheets etc) and i roll over like 1000 times a night, wish flux could fix that too

Back