pm, i received titled "interesting change made to your server"

Assholes kept renaming my script making it difficult to do anything without requiring a server restart each time I wanted to tinker.
I think someone trying to remove them ended up causing server loop day(lol).
Instead of running away from you poisonous freaks like I should've, I hid the files and made a command to load them when I needed.
I don't need a backdoor, I have full access. It just made things convenient in a lot of ways(nazi file renamer protection)
Also I haven't touched anything since I initially loaded that on there... just to see if someone would break things again.
I only modified two base ctf functions, and that was to allow bot->flag pickups and was restored to stock on map change.
It is removed, the server is safe again from serious danger.
Good hunting, lol.

:tree: :heart:

i was the one renaming files whenever i ran across them, because it seemed like every time i logged in i found another backdoor in a random folder tucked away. i would rename the files to "who_put_this_here.cs" or something similar. at least crow put his backdoor tucked away in scripts.vol so it wasn't as obvious.

unrelated i also did cause the server loop on accident when i noticed the server didn't have an LT map rotation (which is why it would go to like DoD, sulfurious, etc) so i copied the base rotation that was already there and appended "LT" to all the maps. the mistake i made was that the LT maps don't match the names for the base maps - like bastard_forge_day vs bastardforgedaylt. when the server got to the next map it would get confused.

anyway it seems to be an argh's duel admin thing to code in backdoors and secret admin scripts. just put your name in the script or something so others know what its for - little notes tend to help when you have multiple people making changes to the same server.

btw dare if you want to stay in obs between maps just toggle off your demo drop script when you go afk

Last edited:
$nextMission["SnowblindLT"] = "DangerousCrossingLT";
$nextMission["DangerouscrossingLT"] = "CanyonCrusadeDeluxeLT";
$nextMission["CanyonCrusadeDeluxeLT"] = "BastardForgeLT";
$nextMission["BastardForgeLT"] = "StonehengeLT";
$nextMission["StonehengeLT"] = "RaindanceLT";
$nextMission["RaindanceLT"] = "HildebrandLT";
$nextMission["HildebrandLT"] = "RollercoasterLT";
$nextMission["RollercoasterLT"] = "SnowblindLT";

not into it that much but watever i will accept this 4 now

if u r interested in actually doing things to help the server get the rez and euro map packs working with stock 1.40 installs as i havent been able to and im not sure mj has either

i just copied what was already there and put LT

Code:
$nextMission["Snowblind"] = "DangerousCrossing";
$nextMission["Dangerouscrossing"] = "CanyonCrusade_Deluxe";
$nextMission["CanyonCrusade_Deluxe"] = "Bastard_forge_day";
$nextMission["Bastard_forge_day"] = "Stonehenge";
$nextMission["Stonehenge"] = "Raindance";
$nextMission["Raindance"] = "Hildebrand";
$nextMission["Hildebrand"] = "Rollercoaster";
$nextMission["Rollercoaster"] = "Snowblind";

$nextMission["SnowblindLT"] = "DangerousCrossingLT";
$nextMission["DangerouscrossingLT"] = "CanyonCrusadeDeluxeLT";
$nextMission["CanyonCrusadeDeluxeLT"] = "BastardForgeLT";
$nextMission["BastardForgeLT"] = "StonehengeLT";
$nextMission["StonehengeLT"] = "RaindanceLT";
$nextMission["RaindanceLT"] = "HildebrandLT";
$nextMission["HildebrandLT"] = "RollercoasterLT";
$nextMission["RollercoasterLT"] = "SnowblindLT";

idk what all 'backdoor' files you've found in your quest but everything I did was inside the appropriately named 'Toys.cs' and datablocks.compilation with projectiles signed "//arrow gun ~~~~Lestat" all to be seen in the base folder. I hid nothing. Until I got trolled or w/e you were doing. I also had my name in some of the functions as well. It was all really obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

All I know is I was told I could play around and I did, but once I started getting messed with I decided to be less obvious. I'm just sad I forgot to reset the timestamp :/

I'm sure you think I have some diabolical plan to cheat/harass/attack the community like you and the rest of your LT friends have probably been doing for over a decade, but sadly I'm not capable of being mean like that. I'm here for the fun and good times of myself and everyone else.

<3

ya lestat did nothing wrong and has carte blanche on my server if u ppl get what this

not only for helping with cat mouse stuff but also because he really runs a kickass server with arghs etc and has only stuff to help the community

do not attack lestat for this simple ez to fix/or keep private thing

idk what all 'backdoor' files you've found in your quest but everything I did was inside the appropriately named 'Toys.cs' and datablocks.compilation with projectiles signed "//arrow gun ~~~~Lestat" all to be seen in the base folder. I hid nothing. Until I got trolled or w/e you were doing. I also had my name in some of the functions as well. It was all really obvious to anyone with eyeballs.

All I know is I was told I could play around and I did, but once I started getting messed with I decided to be less obvious. I'm just sad I forgot to reset the timestamp :/

I'm sure you think I have some diabolical plan to cheat/harass/attack the community like you and the rest of your LT friends have probably been doing for over a decade, but sadly I'm not capable of being mean like that. I'm here for the fun and good times of myself and everyone else.

<3

i was kicking his ass in dm yesterday when he was abusing his legun and i took it and satarted beating his ass so he took out a 9999999x disc launcher and killed me twice and i quit

while all these code ppl are here can one of you do this stuff its important

make it so that on map change it doesnt send ppl to a team if they picked observer at some point on the previous map (can stay in obs permanently without being teamed)

also make 1st person view of the person default obs (not 3rd person, not middle of map) maybe if possible make it default to person with highest stats default (and autoswitch to that person imo)

you could also make observer profiles (like follow person with most grabs/flag time/cks etc)

this is important for afk streaming and should be a tab menu option that wont lag ppl

also disable cg admin option and vote option

can anyone do this thing please

yea, best to leave lt stuff alone and let them do their own thing. server control is a mess, and no real leadership in the community. everyone throws a panic attack the second something happens.

there is plenty of good community leadership in this community

it mostly takes place behind closed doors and most ppl are too emo or have too much of a blatant personality disorder to understand the greater vision or strategy of the ppl pushing it a lot

no i am not the community leader but i do a half decent job of representing the core issues the real ppl that tribes belongs to care about

i do not like when ppl that are new or foreign to our community like you crow make sweeping judgements

i understand phreeky is your friend but you need to accept he is a walrus pedophile

i have no idea what you are talking about with phreeky lol.

No I was speaking to Lestat. You see dare, we both have been running a community for years. He runs arghs duel, I run annihilation. Both communities have done fairly well in the last decade. If you have a problem in said community, you go to the community leader to get it worked out. I like to think we're both level headed guys that can make fair decisions for our own communities.

In the LT server I had always thought maverick was the community leader, but I noticed shortly after playing in the mod, that he just hosted the server. The community has no real leadership like the other 2 tribes communities that have also been around in this past decade. I suppose atm the server being used is your server, so you're the community leader atm. Would you say that you're a level headed (no pun intended) person that can make fair decisions? I saw you banned Fixious the other day. That's cool.

That being said, modding a mod that isn't even with a stable server host, or for a community that has no single leadership in it, is kind of not really worth it. One change that displeases a few people, and everyone will get their panties in a bunch. One of the main reasons I never did any work with the LT mod. I added one map to the server and the amount of negative feedback from just that was enough for me to say fuck these guys. Not to mention opsayo had given me permission to make mods to the server, but I had no real assurance that when I started making mods that maverick / community wouldn't just say fuck this guy, or have some outlandish response. I made a simple post and I get this response.

i do not like when ppl that are new or foreign to our community like you crow make sweeping judgements

This is why I don't code things for LT community. Too many people get their panties in a bunch over nothing, and no single level headed person has leadership of the community.

Back