[halp] tribes continues to elude me...

S_hift

Veteran XX
So i'm working on base textures and I'm trying to make some really nice ones that strongly resemble the original.

I came close a few times making a decent mash up by hand, but came short when different maps would present the textures.

I've come to accept that it will have to be exactly like the originals so that things look right on every map.

any pointers would be helpful. in return I'll be making better stuff and sharing it.

pointer-04.jpg

you can't really nail them properly because every map has and is going to have textures mixed at mappers discretion. the reason why original textures work, is because they are very low resolution and dont have discernible pattern like you're going to have w/ HD pack.

Last edited:
yeah GL HF with that

its an absurdly large job for one person to try and re-create all the original textures in higher def

and if you dont re-create them exactly even down to the same color/pattern/texture there's always gonna be someone who wont like it

and yeah other maps, lol you're just getting started if you hadnt figured that out already

let me know how much fun you're having with it when you get to the 250th texture and someone bitches about how 1 tile isn't quite what they'd have done

There is a texture mixer so you shouldn't need to re-do every single texture, but it may need some work to allow for higher resolution mixing.

Back