* Propulsion: 391m/s, 1,375,000kg
* Tech II resistance bonus: 50% em, 25% thermal

Bonuses:

* 5% reduction of Microwarpdrive capacitor penalty per Minmatar FF level
* 7.5% bonus to effectiveness of Target Painters per Minmatar FF level
* 20% bonus to Stasis Webifier range per EAS level
* 3% reduction of signature radius per EAS level

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rather than using warp disrupt probes, the heavy interdictors use a module, the Warp Disruption Field Generator, which prevents all ships within its range from warping or jumping (including the heavy interdictor itself).

Um, FUCK YEAH!

Yeah that Golem is going to be a carebear's dream.

The warp disruptor thingy for the heavy interdictors isn't really an improvement over the disrupt probes, IMO. I think the base range is 16KM, so you need Level 5 to get a 20KM range, and you're a sitting duck while you use it. With a dictor, you can make it go fast, drop a bubble, and get away.

The only benefit I can see, is if you can use this thing on low-sec. If that is the case, travel is gonna be alot more dangerous. It would also be useful for holding down those smartbombing supercaps.

Oh man, gonna blind some bitches up in here with my target painter. Atleast they gave it a web bonus.

The heavy dictor is going to be great. Put a scimitar on the minmatar one with it's insane resists and it'll be damn near impossible to kill. In fleet battles there's so much antisupport, dictors don't last long.

Oh man, gonna blind some bitches up in here with my target painter. Atleast they gave it a web bonus.

The heavy dictor is going to be great. Put a scimitar on the minmatar one with it's insane resists and it'll be damn near impossible to kill. In fleet battles there's so much antisupport, dictors don't last long.

you can't remote rep them ;(

also, a wrecking shot with 1400's on a vargur would probably come out to over 3000 (i think, it's been awhile since i've had a wrecking with those :p) which comes hilariously close to the sieged quad 3500 artillery which is something like 4-6k (as if wrecking shots with those are a possibility)

oh, BOO BOO NO REP BOO. I was going to start repping shit in battle. Oh well, slot layouts on those things mean you can tank the fuck out of them.

Alpha would be more than 3k if it's a 100% damage bonus, highest wrecking shot I've had on my tempest was like 2200 with emp while shotting POS or Station.

That amarr frig is pretty crazy. The minnie one might not be bad as a tackler. It'd be better if they'd give it the vigil speed bonus over the target painting one :(

no way, minmatar ew has to fit into its role of improving caldari players

a role which the caldari are becoming self-sufficient in with their own tp bonus

uh

fyi for those training for any of these ships:

Skill requirements for the T2 BS, and the heavy interdictors has changed:

Black Ops require:

Cloaking 4
BS 5
JDO 5
JDC 4

Marauders require:

Energy Grid Upgrades 5
AWU 5
BS 5
Heavy Assault Ships 4 is no longer a skill req

Heavy Interdictors require:
Propulsion Jamming 5
Weapon Upgrades 5
Cruiser 5
Interdictors 4 is no longer required (wtf?)

Rather than using warp disrupt probes, the heavy interdictors use a module, the Warp Disruption Field Generator, which prevents all ships within its range from warping or jumping (including the heavy interdictor itself).

Um, FUCK YEAH!

I'm still convinced by the wording on this that if you drop a heavy dictor on a gate, nobody can jump out. That will be badass if true. I plan on putting 3 1600mm plates and dual webs on mine if that's the case. If not, I probably won't be flying one except in fleet battles.

And Vlas, you'll need Grav Physics 4 to use the Warp Field mod thingy.

Aside from dropping the cloaking requirement a level, I don't think either of the other changes were really need. Unless I'm forgeting some prereqs for the HAC and interdictor skills, that just cuts off a week and a half of training at most, and it far from useless training. I won't complain too loudly though.

you can't remote rep them ;(

also, a wrecking shot with 1400's on a vargur would probably come out to over 3000 (i think, it's been awhile since i've had a wrecking with those :p) which comes hilariously close to the sieged quad 3500 artillery which is something like 4-6k (as if wrecking shots with those are a possibility)

I can wreck with 1400mm II's and Faction EMP ammo on my Tempest right now for over 2,200. (surgical 4, large turret 5, artillery spec 3) Thus bringing a Vargur damage over 4,000. Less turrets means basically your wrecking shots on a Vargur are worth two wrecking shots on a Tempest. Very cool.

Averaged out though, the Vargur will basically be like running an 8 turret Tempest. roughly 15% extra damge from a ship that will probably cost close to 600 million as opposed to 100 million.

I have not gotten in to combat in my Dread yet, but I'm pretty sure a siege shot with EMP XL approaches the neighborhood of 10,000. Remember also that the Naglfar has 2 citadel torp. slots, so it's not really a fair comparison.

plus you won't be fitting arty on the Vargur unless you feel like giving up 3-4 lows for RCU II's. It's an AC/Shield boat.

plus you won't be fitting arty on the Vargur unless you feel like giving up 3-4 lows for RCU II's. It's an AC/Shield boat.
Wow... 7,900 grid is ASS. Even with AWU 5, you couldn't fit a rack of 4 without 2-3 RCU IIs. That sucks worse then the Maelstrom.

Oh well.

If you did want to sacrifice the 3 low slots and juice it though, a 50% bonus to falloff would put 1400mm arties out over 200k range before range/tracking mods. With a pair of TC II's, you could easily get it out to 225k-230k. Add in the Tremor L bonus for 20% more (vs. Carbonized Lead) and you're out to 270k : and that's hawt.

Last edited:
They balance it by the fact that a blackbird could easily jam you.

There's also new 'ammo' for sensor boosters and crap. Now you choose whether you want 25% more range for 25% less sig res or 25% more sig for 25% less lock time. ufda, my t2 sniping backbone.

edit: Scripts might just act on top of a base of the module already. So base a SB would give 25%/25% instead of the current 50/50. Then if you loaded a script, it would go to either 50/0 or 0/50. I guess triple or quad sensor booster is going to be the way to go now on most sniping setups. 2 balanced, 1-2 loaded to range.

edit2: scripts were found for TD, RSD, and TC. But wasn't listed for Signal amps and tracking enhancers, so fitting is going to be weird.

Last edited:
Yeah that Golem is going to be a carebear's dream.

The warp disruptor thingy for the heavy interdictors isn't really an improvement over the disrupt probes, IMO. I think the base range is 16KM, so you need Level 5 to get a 20KM range, and you're a sitting duck while you use it. With a dictor, you can make it go fast, drop a bubble, and get away.

The only benefit I can see, is if you can use this thing on low-sec. If that is the case, travel is gonna be alot more dangerous. It would also be useful for holding down those smartbombing supercaps.
I think you're pretty much spot-on NATMav. The Golem clearly is a ratting ship, from the Raven-like bonuses to the additional bonuses for tractor beams and target painters. As long as the defender missile issue is addressed (NPCs spam defenders, with half the missiles you may not get anything through) then the Golem will be the new premier ratting ship. I'll be damned if I'm not the first person to own one either.;)

As for the Heavy Interdictor, that scares the pants off of me. The devs haven't/won't confirm how the heavy interdiction generator works; it sounds like it will work in low-sec however. Based on the current stats, the logical assumption is that it's an AoE warp disruptor that does 1 point of scrambling to everyone in the area, which means no warping or cap ship jumping without a WCS. If it can be used in low-sec (assuming someone can find a sustainable anti-sentry tank), low-sec is fucked. You'd have to be an idiot to go in there now, doubleplus so if you're in a shuttle. This could potentially completely kill low-sec, especially if the heavy interdiction fields can be stacked so that you can come up with an area that has a good 4-6 points of warp scramling (at which point even the blockade runners can't get through).

Sounds like it works like a warp bubble... aka no amount of wcs will save you.
The last picture of the stats said "Warp Scramble Strength: 1" which is the same as the Warp Disruptor. However this was last month, it's possible CCP changed things.

Back