New inty changes

midnight last night i went to pick up 3x 125m railguns, a scrambler, and a disruptor in my brand new shiny taranis interceptor fitted with 3x overdrive injectors (i'd spent significant bank on it at this point)

i neglect to realize that the return trip takes me through two 0.0 systems

surprise, second system has gate campers with like five god damn bubbles... podded within seconds

i know the proper way to fly through 0 sec is to warp in at long range and GTFO if there's campers but i was being lazy and it got me and all my shit blowed up. it still sucks and did piss me off. but i'm trying to remember that this is eve and this shit happens with consistency. i just didn't want to have to go do it all again.

so i like interceptors for their speed but i got jacked so fast i'm wondering if battleship might be better?

if you did that in a bs, you'd live about 5 seconds longer with a similar result except it'll be 100mil+ more expensive with a lot more sadness

an inty would be among the best ships in terms of getting out of that situation

If you need ISK to get back on your feet, feel free to ask. Barry Cuda lost his BC when he first started...it was uninsured...we helped him stand back up and now he's a badass.

i guess i lost about 20 mil worth of the ship + parts? and i forgot to insure the ship so i got an 800k payout. if you want to donate a little something to the travelyan skype fund i appreciate it ;-) i have enough to get back to where i was but i'll be broke afterwards unless i do that time code crap.

midnight last night i went to pick up 3x 125m railguns, a scrambler, and a disruptor in my brand new shiny taranis interceptor fitted with 3x overdrive injectors (i'd spent significant bank on it at this point)

i neglect to realize that the return trip takes me through two 0.0 systems

surprise, second system has gate campers with like five god damn bubbles... podded within seconds

i know the proper way to fly through 0 sec is to warp in at long range and GTFO if there's campers but i was being lazy and it got me and all my shit blowed up. it still sucks and did piss me off. but i'm trying to remember that this is eve and this shit happens with consistency. i just didn't want to have to go do it all again.

so i like interceptors for their speed but i got jacked so fast i'm wondering if battleship might be better?

Being in a battleship would not have saved you in that situation

i guess i lost about 20 mil worth of the ship + parts? and i forgot to insure the ship so i got an 800k payout. if you want to donate a little something to the travelyan skype fund i appreciate it ;-) i have enough to get back to where i was but i'll be broke afterwards unless i do that time code crap.

Insurance on Tech 2 ships is worthless...well...almost.

Two ways to bust a gatecamp in an Inty:

1) Find an object on the same side of the bubble as you are, double-click to approach it, activate MWD, warp as soon as possible at a random range to said object.

2) Hold your cloak as long as possible (count to 25), burn back to the gate.

As far as warping into a gatecamp, well, that's just being careless. If you see enough people in local to worry you, warp to an object near the gate and scan it. Be sure to uncheck the Overview option on the scanner so you can see Warp Disrupt Probes.

If you can't get close enough to the gate to scan it, and you absolutely have to get out, set autopilot to the next system, initiate warp to 0KM of the gate, and activate autopilot while warping. As soon as you land, activate your MWD. The autopilot will get you to the gate and jump you out faster than you can manually in most cases.

oh i know it was careless and completely my fault, i was not paying attention to the situation (paying more attention to the TV). i will buy another taranis and fit it again but i won't fly solo through 0.0 to get the equipment this time

and i need to go in on a few newbie ops so i can get used to it (since im a newbie)

Back