More questions!

boston

Veteran XV
Ok, so I bought a fancy Rokh. Im going to try rails first and maybe get a set of blasters to try later. I look at all of these wonderful slots of awesomeness, and I have no clue how to fit them. Even with the EFT tool I find certain items a bit confusing. If you guys could clear these things up for me, it would be great.

1) Should I go with 8 of the huge rails (not that I can fit 8 but Im close) or is it better to do 6 rails and 2 launchers? Ive been told to stick with one range for damage and thats it. But I figure I can shoot some missiles that far.

2) Whats the difference in the shield resistance fittings? It seems more popular to go with the Shield Hardeners over the Resistance Amplifiers which makes sense for the %, but you are using cap. I figure I'll end up using the hardeners but want to be sure.

3) The bonus penalty for multiple fittings confuses me. I assume it means the penalty applies if its the exact same attribute being modified. If I put a Vortex Stabilizer for hybrid rate of fire and dmg increase, and then add a Tracking Program for tracking speed and range increase, I dont have a penalty, correct?

4) Meta levels and turret/launcher dmg/rate of fire. Unless I am reading it wrong it seems to be each meta level up sacrifices dmg for rate of fire. And that doesnt make alot of sense to me. All of my skills seem to be percentage based. If I have a slow high powered turret I will see a larger increase in dmg from my skills than I would with a fast firing weaker turret. I could just be an idiot though.

Someone just tell me what to fit on my ship of awesomeness.

1. stick with guns. it is easier to skill up in one weapon type then it is for two.

2. short answer, is that shield hardeners give you more resistance but use capacitor to do it. resistance amplifiers belong to the 'passive' school of shield tanking. if you are using a shield booster, use the shield hardeners. if you are using extenders+shield power relays+shield rechargers, go with the resistance amps. don't mix the two, you'll be worthless.

3. there are basically 3 types of modules that help your turrets, tracking enhancers, tracking computers, and which ever type of turret mod you are using, which are mag.stabs in the case of hybrid guns. there are no penalties generated by using more then one type of module. using more then one of any one type will penalize you though. unless you're trying to snipe, the tracking enhancer is not used that often. stick with 2x tracking computers and 2x mag.stabs.

4. i think you're confused with what a 'meta level' is. If what you mean is comparing the tiers of guns, like "Dual 250mm Railgun" vs. "350mm Railgun" vs. "425mm Railgun" ... then understand that the higher tier turrets are usually preferred. yes, they fire slower, but have more range and more damage. They also cost more cpu and more grid though, so a lot of times, you have to sacrifice other fittings to fit the bigger more powerful tier of guns. rule of thumb is pick the highest tier of guns you can fit on your ship without gimping it out completely in the mids and lows. PvP is all about the alpha-strike. You want a high output of damage over 20 seconds, not 2 minutes. Rate of fire is not as much of a factor in PvP as high single-volley damage is.

special exceptions :
hybrid and energy turret pilots will sometimes use a lower tier rail gun when shooting at POS's because they consume less capacitor, and thus can run more of the guns more of the time. the rate of fire bonus also means you'll do more damage over time anyhow, since POS shoots take hours, not seconds. you do use more ammo though.

'meta level' refers to the quality of the given item within that exact item type.
as you increase the meta level, turrets will increase in damage and optimal range, use less capacitor to activate and less cpu to fit... all while having the same rate of fire. the exception being when you jump to tech ii meta levels, it will cost you some extra cpu and grid to fit instead of less.

always use the highest meta level module you can reasonably afford.
for example, here are the meta levels for the 425mm railgun...
meta level 0 - 425mm railgun i
meta level 1 - 425mm carbide railgun i
meta level 2 - 425mm 'scout' i accelerator cannon
meta level 3 - 425mm compressed coil gun i
meta level 4 - 425mm prototype i gauss gun
meta level 5 - 425mm railgun ii
meta level 6 - 425mm 'popper' railgun
meta level 7 -
meta level 8 - caldari navy 425mm railgun
meta level 8 - gallente navy 425mm railgun
meta level 8 - dread guristas 425mm railgun
meta level 8 - shadow serpentis 425mm railgun
meta level 9 -
meta level 10 -
meta level 11 - brynn's modified 425mm railgun
meta level 11 - kaikka's modified 425mm railgun
meta level 12 -
meta level 13 - setele's modified 425mm railgun
meta level 13 - vepa's modified 425mm railgun
meta level 14 - estamel's modified 425mm railgun
meta level 15 -

Last edited:
1. stick with guns. it is easier to skill up in one weapon type then it is for two.

2. short answer, is that shield hardeners give you more resistance but use capacitor to do it. resistance amplifiers belong to the 'passive' school of shield tanking. if you are using a shield booster, use the shield hardeners. if you are using extenders+shield power relays+shield rechargers, go with the resistance amps. don't mix the two, you'll be worthless.

3. there are basically 3 types of modules that help your turrets, tracking enhancers, tracking computers, and which ever type of turret mod you are using, which are mag.stabs in the case of hybrid guns. there are no penalties generated by using more then one type of module. using more then one of any one type will penalize you though. unless you're trying to snipe, the tracking enhancer is not used that often. stick with 2x tracking computers and 2x mag.stabs.

4. i think you're confused with what a 'meta level' is. If what you mean is comparing the tiers of guns, like "Dual 250mm Railgun" vs. "350mm Railgun" vs. "425mm Railgun" ... then understand that the higher tier turrets are usually preferred. yes, they fire slower, but have more range and more damage. They also cost more cpu and more grid though, so a lot of times, you have to sacrifice other fittings to fit the bigger more powerful tier of guns. rule of thumb is pick the highest tier of guns you can fit on your ship without gimping it out completely in the mids and lows. PvP is all about the alpha-strike. You want a high output of damage over 20 seconds, not 2 minutes. Rate of fire is not as much of a factor in PvP as high single-volley damage is.

When your sniping, your defence is your distance. If you are being shot at and taking hits, you failed already.
Load up as many tracking mods as you can with a MWD. Mag stabs are your best friend.
Also guns are VERY hard in comparison to get going compared to missles and such.
You're looking at atleast 4,000,000 in gunnery before your using tech II 425mm's.

Edit: Also you use tracking computers for distance, mag stabs for damage and ROF.

A rohk is built for fleet combat. You'll be in a large group of other ships, spewwing rounds out past 140km. The rohk will allow you to fire higher-powered shells than the other ships (lower powered charges shoot longer, you might get away with lead)

Rule of thumb is to stick with 425's, they have a higher alpha strike and are more valuable in fleet combat.

Modules AND Rigs are stacking penaltied. So, fitting a rig that increases turret damage AND 3 other mag stabs will be reduced...or the fourth will, Im not sure. A while ago, they added severe stacking penalties AFTER the third module, so feel free to fit 3 mag stabs in your fit.

As for trackign computers, its mandatory to hit out to 150km, that's expectd of fleet ships. SO, its up to you to find a charge (antimatter, lead, Iron, etc) that will give you damage you like + capability to hit out to 150km (most of that range from optimal, NOT falloff). Two tracking computer may overdo it, but again, expirement. 2x sensor boosters should be used, for targeting range AND speed.

For lows, I'd say 3 mag stabs and a damage control unit are near mandatory. Maybe another resistance mod would be helpful.

For mids, dont worry about tanking as much, since you'll be firing from long distances and shouldnt have a chance to repair at all.

If you're going to fit blasters, just to cram as many Mega Neutrons as you can (using fititng mods like Power Diagnostic Units or Reactor Control Units to help with Power Grid shortfalls) mag stabs, a MWD, and a MEAN tank. Shield tank for sure, since the Rhok is a shield tanker. Again, a damage control unit should be included, since its the #1 survival module. The MWD is crucial since you'll need to close range quickly, even with the nice range boost the rohk has.

Last edited:
If I use 2x tracking computers and 2x mag stabilizers I would get the penalty.

No, you wont. Only if the module affects the same attributes, like 2x tracking computer and 2x tracking enhancers.

Or a damage rig and 3x mag stabs. The penalty is only severe after 3 modules/rigs, before that, the penalty is barely noticeable.

For what it's worth, this is the fleet fit recommended by my fleet commander on a Rokh ;
high - 8x 425mm II
mid - MWD / 2x Sensor Booster II / 1x Tracking Comp II / 2x Invul II
low - 2x MagFieldStab II / Damage Control II / RCU II / 1x 1600mm RT

(Might require 7x 425 II and 1x 350mm II without AdvWeaponUpgr 5. Can also run 2x Tracking Comp II and 1x Invul II.)

I'd run another mag stab, esp. since you dont have a damage mod on the rokh. Its not like that 1600 is mandatory with less DD's going off.

Looking at that 'meta levels' of 425's list, doesnt the Large Rail Gun spec skill only apply to T2 guns, and not faction/officer AND you can only use T2 ammo with T2 guns?

Last edited:
For what it's worth, this is the fleet fit recommended by my fleet commander on a Rokh ;
high - 8x 425mm II
mid - MWD / 2x Sensor Booster II / 1x Tracking Comp II / 2x Invul II
low - 2x MagFieldStab II / Damage Control II / RCU II / 1x 1600mm RT

(Might require 7x 425 II and 1x 350mm II without AdvWeaponUpgr 5. Can also run 2x Tracking Comp II and 1x Invul II.)

That setup is pretty bad. I assume it's gimped for a DD tank?

I'd run another mag stab, esp. since you dont have a damage mod on the rokh. Its not like that 1600 is mandatory with less DD's going off.

Looking at that 'meta levels' of 425's list, doesnt the Large Rail Gun spec skill only apply to T2 guns, and not faction/officer AND you can only use T2 ammo with T2 guns?

Correct, and named fit alot better, which gives you more options in the mids and lows.

A rohk is built for fleet combat. You'll be in a large group of other ships, spewwing rounds out past 140km. The rohk will allow you to fire higher-powered shells than the other ships (lower powered charges shoot longer, you might get away with lead)

Rule of thumb is to stick with 425's, they have a higher alpha strike and are more valuable in fleet combat.

Modules AND Rigs are stacking penaltied. So, fitting a rig that increases turret damage AND 3 other mag stabs will be reduced...or the fourth will, Im not sure. A while ago, they added severe stacking penalties AFTER the third module, so feel free to fit 3 mag stabs in your fit.

As for trackign computers, its mandatory to hit out to 150km, that's expectd of fleet ships. SO, its up to you to find a charge (antimatter, lead, Iron, etc) that will give you damage you like + capability to hit out to 150km (most of that range from optimal, NOT falloff). Two tracking computer may overdo it, but again, expirement. 2x sensor boosters should be used, for targeting range AND speed.

For lows, I'd say 3 mag stabs and a damage control unit are near mandatory. Maybe another resistance mod would be helpful.

For mids, dont worry about tanking as much, since you'll be firing from long distances and shouldnt have a chance to repair at all.

If you're going to fit blasters, just to cram as many Mega Neutrons as you can (using fititng mods like Power Diagnostic Units or Reactor Control Units to help with Power Grid shortfalls) mag stabs, a MWD, and a MEAN tank. Shield tank for sure, since the Rhok is a shield tanker. Again, a damage control unit should be included, since its the #1 survival module. The MWD is crucial since you'll need to close range quickly, even with the nice range boost the rohk has.
Quiet frankly, with T2 guns, he could probally get away with antimatter in a rokh.

the 'bob fitting' from their forums is typically 2 damage mods, 2 tracking mods, plate, dc II or marII, 3 sb II, and suggests rigs of 2x armor hp rigs and 1x grid rig. Although most people probably won't want to spend a couple hundred million on rigs, so they'll throw in a grid mod, drop the plate, and fit more tracking/damage mods. Basically if you have 25m sp or more with an avatar in gang, you can nearly perma mwd and still go a decent speed. They also bring a metrick fuck ton of anti-support hacs/eagles/muninns so anything that would would tackle you will probably die giving you time to warp out if you have enough HP.

Back