The "Help me plan my cruiser skills" thread

FalseMyrmidon

1700+
Veteran XV
closerangerupture.JPG

That's the basic loadout I'm looking at for a cruiser (and then working on one for long range combat as well). I'm just picking out the loadout so I can then figure out what skills I'll be needing.

Hmmm, that would actually only take about 3 days worth of training:

Skill plan for False Myrm

1. Minmatar Frigate IV (2 days, 2 hours, 38 minutes, 59 seconds)
2. Minmatar Cruiser I (51 minutes, 8 seconds)
3. Minmatar Cruiser II (3 hours, 58 minutes, 12 seconds)
4. Minmatar Cruiser III (22 hours, 27 minutes, 17 seconds)
5. Medium Projectile Turret I (30 minutes, 41 seconds)
6. Mechanic II (2 hours, 20 minutes, 1 second)
7. Energy Systems Operation I (30 minutes, 2 seconds)

edit: these are pvp related setups, if you want to run missions, you can drop the mwd and disruptor for AB and cap recharger or something. Can probably drop the web too. No MWD should leave enough to fit a bigger tank.

close range rupture is tough, it's hard to solo with tech 1 because you will probably get webbed and killed.

Never both shield and armor tank, you'll waste slots and grid on more important mods.

High:
4x 220mm (downgrade to 180's if you have to)
2x Assault Missile Launchers/Heavy Launchers/HAM's (fit last for what you have room for)

Med:
1x 10mn MWD
1x 20km warp disruptor
1x web

Low: (Here you'll have 2 choices, more HP - try to orbit and speed tank guns make you suceptible to webs though, or less HP, but you won't be able to run the mwd and repair)
1x Reactor Control Unit
1x 800mm plate (1600mm preferred)
1x SAR (or Medium Armor Repair for an active tank)
2x gyrostabs

arty: (no idea if this fits or what, but I think you only need 1 sensor booster to target out to full range)
high:
4x 720mm or 650mm arty
2x Heavy Missile Launcher

Med:
10mn MWD
1x sensor booster
1x tracking computer

Low:
1x RCU
3x gyro
1x tracking enhancer

For skills, aside from just being able to use it, you'll want to train gunnery support skills and at some point later when you're comfortable in a ship you like, Drones V and Engineering V.

Drones V will allow you to field 5 drones; engineering V because if you plan to stick with minmatar you'll need grid on alot of ships.

Last edited:
edit: these are pvp related setups, if you want to run missions, you can drop the mwd and disruptor for AB and cap recharger or something. Can probably drop the web too. No MWD should leave enough to fit a bigger tank.

close range rupture is tough, it's hard to solo with tech 1 because you will probably get webbed and killed.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on solo pvping. Are the ones you posted intended for solo?

his fittings are a standard pvp setup for both solo and gang work. The first being better for solo than the second, but both being goos for gangs.

personally for solo, I'd tell you to sell the rupture and buy a stabber, but for gang work both setups are effective.

Never ever ever ever ever ever fit a ship with armor and shield tanking. It gimps both tanking abilities and is a waste of grid. Rupture should be armor tanked with the five lows.

The AC rupture doesn't really work well for solo until you can fit tech 2 guns.

It's still a great dps ship in gang work, try to fit the 1600mm plate (rolled tungsten preferred) + sar (t2 sar preferred, requirements are pretty low I think). The small armor rep is more for patching up after battle, the 1600mm plate is basically there to keep you alive long enough to kill whatever is around. You're putting a battleship plate on a cruiser, so you won't be to spry, but use the mwd to get close to your target or attempt to get away when need be. Basically you get right in their face and punch them repeatedly. (also the guys you're flying with might not want you to fit the big plate since you'll be the slow moving newbie, the 800mm is a decent and easier fitting option as well)

Arty rupture is more for when you want to put on as much hurt at range as possible. Good for gangs, mwd is to get you out of warp disruption bubbles, etc. The guys you are flying with should be able to help you figure out what type of range you should be fighting at.

Last edited:
Back