VeteranXX
Old
1146 - 03-10-2009, 17:11
voted (what day are we on?)

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1147 - 03-10-2009, 17:11
6 i believe. I'll update the spread sheet when i get off work.

WarAngel
VeteranX
Old
1148 - 03-10-2009, 17:57
I voted today.

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
1149 - 03-10-2009, 18:02
Jess and I and I've got two guys here at work are registering and our IPs are certainly showing up the same. So I guess they're allowing at least two accounts per IP. I don't think that's unreasonable.

I don't see why you guys would think you'd get away with having ridiculous names like "Jack Hoff" and "****me Intheass" and stuff. Give at least semi legit info.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1150 - 03-10-2009, 18:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
I don't see why you guys would think you'd get away with having ridiculous names like "Jack Hoff" and "****me Intheass" and stuff. Give at least semi legit info.
Thats what I'm confused about though, do they go through all the names and pick out what doesn't sound real? Or are they looking for fake addresses? Those all sound like painful processes.

JustinCase
VeteranXX
Contributor
Old
1151 - 03-10-2009, 18:08
it's pretty much total bull**** if the other team doesnt get some vote removed

you're telling me that 10000 votes from an xbox site and no one used fake info?

slacker
VeteranXX
Old
1152 - 03-10-2009, 18:09
I used a fake name, but it was Jack Frost. Not too crazy.

The address was a random street, as was the zip code, but that's because i didnt want spam mail.

slacker
VeteranXX
Old
1153 - 03-10-2009, 18:09
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinCase View Post
it's pretty much total bull**** if the other team doesnt get some vote removed

you're telling me that 10000 votes from an xbox site and no one used fake info?
I would ask this if i were telos

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1154 - 03-10-2009, 18:14
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterPudge View Post
I would ask this if i were telos
I will eventually. I'll include the 12 studies i have found that show 36% of xbox users are under the age of 18.

for all gaming systems that number drops to 25%.

I would assume this type of thing would correlate semi directly to the demographic of their voters.

Me telling them how to do their job just seems whiny at this point so I'll probably wait a few days to see where we are heading.

But guess what they will never put in the leg work to determine actual age because it takes calling people. Looking at a name like "****s adog" or an address like "1600 Pennsylvania ave" or a phone number like 867-5309 just takes some minimum wage worker to browse through registered voters.

Last edited by telos; 03-10-2009 at 18:16..
confidential
VeteranX
Old
1155 - 03-10-2009, 18:20
there's no way i'm giving my real info to some random website. i mean i know if anyone really wanted to find out where i live etc they could easily do it but i'm not going to tell them it. plus there's too much phishing and **** these days.

also anyone reading that xbox site is probably just like us and i highly doubt they are all 18+ and giving legit info.

i think this contest is rigged!

Scourge
VeteranXX
Old
1156 - 03-10-2009, 18:21
I think it'd be REALLY easy to go through and with a cursory glance cut out a lot of total bull**** names/addresses.

Also, Brandan - I DEFINITELy wouldn't point them to studies about people being 18 - that's ****in whiny. but I would say that you're sorry that some people you've recruited haven't been comfortable giving real information, that you'll try to get them to come around, and encourage them to be fair about this and look into Maki's votes as well since he's using the same methods that you are. I would not wait a few days to do this.

Last edited by Scourge; 03-10-2009 at 18:24..
bam
VeteranXV
Old
1157 - 03-10-2009, 18:35
Quote:
Originally Posted by telos View Post
.... you also are probably 20 of the 83 suspended accounts because you didn't listen to me when i said shouldn't sign up a million accounts in the lab. Its not hard to slip up once with what you were doing.

EDIT: then again we put signs up in our campus labs so it could have just as easily been that.

I feel i need to disclaimer all of my posts at this point. I don't condone cheating, you shouldn't do it, it doesn't help any one, all I can do is tell you not to but they can ban us from the contest due to others conduct so play by the rules. ect ect.
My work has 1 external IP. I was registering using the email accounts contained within my network with the correct info. I used like 5 or so and then it stopped letting me register. Sorry. (PS: I did this before I read all of the rules)

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1158 - 03-10-2009, 18:38
actually had those people registered themselves they would have been banned as well which is pretty damn annoying. I mean its perfectly legit that they got banned in the way you used them but the fact if those same 5 people had actually registered from your work they would have been banned.

This probably means my fiancee's mother got banned as well since the 5 people that work for her have been using her computer to vote from work. She's going to be pretty pissed off.

Yoda
VeteranXV
Contributor
Old
1159 - 03-10-2009, 18:41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
I think it'd be REALLY easy to go through and with a cursory glance cut out a lot of total bull**** names/addresses.

Also, Brandan - I DEFINITELy wouldn't point them to studies about people being 18 - that's ****in whiny. but I would say that you're sorry that some people you've recruited haven't been comfortable giving real information, that you'll try to get them to come around, and encourage them to be fair about this and look into Maki's votes as well since he's using the same methods that you are. I would not wait a few days to do this.
Seriously, I wouldn't wait on any of this kind of stuff...

telos
VeteranXV
Old
1160 - 03-10-2009, 18:47
at the same time they can just drop us from the contest for simply being annoying.

Which I'm pretty sure the guy who had to remove the 1328 votes and is now dealing with the few e-mails with real information is.

I've already apologized for them having to deal with crap votes and informed them that I have sent another copy of the rules to all voters I know of which I did by posting here and in facebook and to my mothers e-mail clan.

So all i have left is whining that the first place group hasn't had any votes removed.

Thats why I'm a bit apprehensive about doing it right now.

Page 58 of 229

Go Back   TribalWar Forums > TribalWar History > TWHOF
Reload this Page [Need Votes]Win me a free wedding[Please]

Social Website Bullshit

Tags
defcon 1 , defcon 2 , fuck nissan , hack the gibson , nissan sucks traps , telos is a pussy , telos is spineless