Heroic Shannox

|Blitzkrieg|

Veteran XX
Fuck this fight

Disclaimer: My guild isn't amazing, by any stretch of the imagination. We've been around a long time, have been better than we are, but at the moment we are struggling a little bit. Running 2 10-mans when we'd like to be running 1 25, and even the primary 10-man has its off weeks

Heroic Shannox is supposed to be the easiest of the Heroics, but so far we've been stopped cold by it. We've tried a couple of strategies, and we're still getting fucked. Maybe its RNG, but all of us officers think we're missing some key little point about the fight that's screwing everything up.

The problem? Riplimb.

We cannot get Jagged Tear to fall off reliably, regardless of which strat we try. Sometimes it falls off with a couple seconds to spare, sometimes it falls off the instant before another Jagged Tear hits. Sometimes the dog tank gets his to fall off, but the Shannox tank gets fucked.

Our two strategies:
1) Treat Riplimb the same as we did in Normal. Trap him frequently, slow him whenever possible, do a little extra kiting of Riplimb OR Shannox to give tanks a couple of extra seconds. 7 times out of 10, a successful trap well away from the thrown Spear, coupled with constant slows and an 80-yards distant Shannox, still don't = 30 seconds for the debuff to fall off. Occasionally, either/both tanks avoid Jagged Tear enough right before Shannox throws his spear that we only need 20ish seconds, and all goes well. Not often enough though, this is way too random.

2) We were told by "the tank in a Top 100 guild" that they rarely trap Riplimb intentionally. Instead, a Warrior tank (like myself) will Heroic Leap then Intervene when Shannox begins casting Hurl Spear, making Riplimb run a lot farther to get the Spear before returning it to Shannox. By keeping slows on him that entire time, both Riplimb and Shannox tanks have plenty of time for their stacks to fall off. Our attempts at this have been less reliable.

Note: Rageface really isn't an issue, we have a hunter dealing with him who can reliably keep his stacks down, and doesn't even have to trap him very often. Our only trouble is with Riplimb.

We got Shannox down to ~15% last night on our best attempt, but most attempts were well above 50% before Jagged Tear stacks killed a tank. I'm very open to the suggestion that we're missing some mechanic, or are straight-up doing something wrong. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Main tank: Asystòle @ Kilrogg - Game - World of Warcraft
Dog tank: Daergar @ Kilrogg - Game - World of Warcraft
(I reforged into more Parry/Dodge last night after raid, just to test tonight, see if I can avoid Jagged Tear stacks a little better. Can be undone)

Cliffs
Fuck Shannox
Fuck Riplimb
Need strat suggestions

You're probably not snaring Riplimb at the right time. He's only susceptible to snares while running to retrieve the spear. Use a DK to CoI Riplimb immediately when spear is cast, and also keep frost fever up on Rageface to reduce his attack speed.

You're probably not snaring Riplimb at the right time. He's only susceptible to snares while running to retrieve the spear. Use a DK to CoI Riplimb immediately when spear is cast, and also keep frost fever up on Rageface to reduce his attack speed.

No offense, but we're on Heroic Shannox here, not regular. Trapping Riplimb was not the problem, getting his increased duration debuff to fall off was.

Got him 3rd attempt last night by increasing his kite distance when the spear is first thrown.

Thanks though

I wish there was an emoticon like the popcorn guy that eats paint chips instead of popcorn

I would use it here

Back